IGNORED

Your Best Round of 2016

bkuehn1952
Note: This thread is 2632 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

+1, 73.  2 birdies and 3 bogies.  No doubles, for once!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I had a 76 early last year. 14 pars, and 4 bogies. This was at the Boulder City 6600 yard track. 

I was just hitting on all cylinders that round. I was playing with 3 other guys I had never met before. I was a walk on, and they were not happy I was put with them. So, to stay out of their way, I was totally focused on my game. 

Thought I had a 75 a few days later, but I miscounted my scores. Another 76. A week or so after that was the beginning of several physical issues popping up which slowed my golf outings way down for the rest of the year.  

• Upvote 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

77 on a 141 slope for a diff of 3.6

61% GIR (which rocks for me)

the best part, was that I was playing with my boss who was talking all kinds of sh*t to me prior to playing and I beat him by 10 strokes.

As a 10 HI that day, it was the round of my life and couldn't have come at a better time. I quite literally played beyond my ability that day. 

• Upvote 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

I shot a 92 on an away course I had never played before.

It was frustrating - the greenskeepers had moved up the tee boxes (about 50 yards) on a couple of holes, and we didn't realize it until too late. I hit through two landing areas.

First one, I played safe off tee on a short Par 5 with a hybrid, and flew the ball into the lake I was trying to land short of.  I could have flown it by 20 yards with a driver.

On back nine, the same thing. Knocked it through a dogleg, and it took me two shots to get back to the fairway.

Coulda been an 89...

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Broke 80 for the first time at my home course, 78 with no doubles. I'd toiled away all season practising regularly since Jan. I had been working on some changes and I felt like a much better player but my scores weren't coming down below 85. Then I just clicked and shot 85, then 82, then 80, then 78. Accuracy off the tee felt like the biggest move. I made good distance and gave nothing away really and only had to battle about 3/4 approach shots from the rough and got them on or near the green. Still had 31 putts I think, but golf felt simple. Yet to back it up but made a couple of minor changes over winter and now getting tidied up for the season ahead.

• Upvote 2

Had been happy with more than 8 games breaking 80 during the year, out of the blue, last game on 16/12/16 before heading off with family for month Christmas and new year holidays I surprised myself with a 74, started double bogie the par rest front 9 , back 9 went 1 birdie ,7 pars 1 bogie, rested on my laurels for three weeks, as promised the wife no golf when we holidaying, get more leave passes for next year:-D. Then back to low eighties, but gives me a target for 2017, a 73 be nice, just keep working on it.

• Upvote 2

Titleist 915 D2-10.5°, Titleist 915 F 15°, PING G25 16.5°, PING G30 Hybrid 19°
PING G25 4-W, Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 48°/52°
Rife Bimini Island Series Putter, PING DLX Bag
Sureshot Rangefinder, PING Sensor Glove, Srixon Q star Balls.

44/45 for an 89, 1 birdie. 67.1/118 Par 72, 5876 yards. My first and only  <90 round so far.

The big mystery is how I managed this with some of the terrible swing flaws I still had at the time: swaying, abbreviated back swing, collapsing the left arm (from pulling my hands too far inside), coming up out of my posture, swinging out to in, flipping through impact, and no extension on my follow through... I was barely hitting my 9-iron 100 yards. And that’s probably generous.

• Upvote 2

Shot my career best at my home course 65 on a 70.2/135 for my best individual score but my best round was in a Ryder Cup style event where my partner and I made 8 birdies and 2 bogies in our alternate shot match on a 71.4/128 and lost 1 down. We were clicking but our opponents were too. Hats off to them, I gave my best and it wasn't good enough. 

• 4 weeks later...

I broke par three times this past year, with the lowest being a 69 (-3). 4 birdies 1 bogey. 6304 yards, 69.6/124. 

I had a bit of a strange 2016. I shot in the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s. I had a stretch where I couldn't break 80 to save my life. I also had a lengthy stretch where I was never higher than 75. My index ranged from 8.4 in the spring to 3.6 in the late summer. 

In late September, I played the final tournament of the Charlotte area Golfweek Am Tour season.  In the final round of a 2 day tournament, I posted an 81.  Not only is it tied for my best score ever... it was also a great day from around the greens.  I had 3 birdies that day... 2 of which came from off the greens and I also managed a number of par saves throughout the day.  

By far... that was my best round of the 2016 season.  

CY

• Upvote 2

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

In less than 100 words? How about 1 word? Artificial. I shot an even par 72 in about the cheapest manner possible. Our course replaced 3 greens last year and while they were being re done, had temporary greens placed about 100 yards in front. I played those 3 holes at 1 under par, and 12 others at 1 over par. I had to quit after 15 holes, and posted net par coming in. 

The sad thing was, I actually played really well that day, but I wasn't able to take any satisfaction due to the circumstances.

Had my best score this year 79 (never broke 80 before that). But that wasn't my best round. A week after the 79 my wife and I closed on our 1st house. Had an outing the following weekend that I didn't really want to play after dealing with the house headaches. We shot -7 as a team. There was a 14 hole strech in there that was by far the best golf of my life. I would have been around even through that strech. It was about 45° and 30 mph winds. I've never had that much control of my swing.

My local Fraternity chapter puts on an annual 4 man scramble. My group had won the previous 4 years and looking to make it a fifth. I normally shoot around 80 myself, but I also taught to others how to play as well. Anyway, we only played my shots, except for putts for the first 5 holes. We shot 64 as a team I believe and won by a shot to make it 5 in a row. 

In my bag:

DRIVER: 905T w/ Fujikura E360 Shaft
3 Wood 906 F4 w/ Aldila Proto "By You"
Irons: MP 30 w/ Rifle 5.5 Wedges Oil Can 50*, Vokey SM 54* and 58*Putter: C-06

I shot 86 twice on my home course but my most memorable round came on Sea Oaks CC near the Jersey Shore.  My 11 year old grandson and I were paired with a father/daughter twosome and although they were very cordial the father could not help being over exuberant when he made a good shot, in many cases challenging me to do the same.  Each time, with my grandson watching me, I pulled off a shot better than I thought I was able to.  Now, I had a few 3 putts and a penalty stroke along with a few doubles but was striking the ball well on most shots.  On the 18th, the other man and I both sliced our drives into the Jersey white pines on the right with me having the worse lie.  He was away and hit a great shot that wound up on the left side of the green and said "let's see you match that!".  I had a small opening out of the pines and had to put a wicked slice on the ball to  the green.  Using a 5h I gave it a whack and it shot through the tree opening and then cut way back toward the green (who says you can't work a hybrid!).  When we got to the green I was 8 inches from the hole and my grandson just said "Wow" and the father said that it was the best shot he had seen in a long time.  I tapped in for the birdie and I could not stop smiling driving back to the beach while my grandson kept looking at me and grinning.  OK, it was only a 91, but the best round of the year.

75 (+2) on a fairly difficult course. Only one other player broke 80 that day.

My best ball striking round of the year. I had quite a few looks at birdie inside 15 feet. If I had putted well, I could've shot par or better.

On 2/20/2017 at 10:49 AM, dove694 said:

I had a stretch where I couldn't break 80 to save my life. I also had a lengthy stretch where I was never higher than 75. My index ranged from 8.4 in the spring to 3.6 in the late summer. 

That sounds like my season.  Every season.  absolutely nothing to count on from month to month

Bill - 

Shot an even par 71 on a 70.8/131 course (0.2 differential). It was a great round, 2 bogeys, 2 birdies. +2 on the front, -2 on the back, which is the first time I've ever shot under par on a nine.

Funny thing about the round - I remember it more for the missed shots than the great ones. I lipped out a birdie putt on 18 for an under par round. I three putted twice for pars. On the other hand, I made a number of 5-10 foot putts to save pars that I would normally make about half of. But I don't specifically recall those like I do the 3 putts or the lipped out birdie putt on 18.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 2632 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!