IGNORED

2017 Newport Cup Applications Accepted Here!

iacas
Note: This thread is 2424 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 hours ago, kpaulhus said:

I dont know where Ill be in 6 months, so my video applies to both captains. I should know before April, however. I had fun filming and editing this video with my wife. Still wanted to post it for fun and to give some other guys some good production ideas. 

Shoe 12 in FootJoy

Pant Size 38

Shit size XL

Now that we know @kpaulhus kinda-sorta can hit a cut, if there are any holes like the 17th at Moon Valley I want him on my team. 

There's still snow on the ground by me, but I did go to an indoor driving range this weekend, so hopefully I'll be able to get out on a course semi-soon. I'll see if I can put together the rest of my video this week. 

• Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@coachjimsc, this should be your new avatar - perfect

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

51 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

@coachjimsc, this should be your new avatar - perfect

If I am fortunate enough to be chosen...It will be. :-)

Funny thing is that was auto generated.

Thanks for the suggustion.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 1:04 AM, mchepp said:

Alright. So I tried last week to make a vlog but failed miserably. Between the wind drowning out everything I said and bad camera angles the whole thing sucked. So I need time to reshoot and with the unfriendly winter we've had in the Northwest I can't say for sure when I will get another chance. But, I can do the questions. So here is that portion. 

Once I get the chance to shoot the vlog again I'll add that to my post. Enjoy!

Cool, well hope you get to Vlog the play but if not, we all know you can hit a ball..:beer:

Vishal S.

These are getting really good! Glad I got mine out there because I think they're only going to get better.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

• Administrator

Remember, folks, @mvmac and I will be choosing our first team members next Tuesday, on February 28th.

Has mine submitted his video yet? I don't know. Has Mike's?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Great job @Golfingdad. I like the flyover of the holes. Nice touch.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

4 minutes ago, coachjimsc said:

Great job @Golfingdad. I like the flyover of the holes. Nice touch.

Thanks!  I snagged 'em right off the course website.  Thought it nice to add a little perspective to the vlog since nobody here has been to my course.  Although, I have no idea why they stopped so short on the first hole.

Special thanks to @jamo for his assistance in downloading those from the internet into my movie.:beer:

13 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Special thanks to @jamo for his assistance in downloading those from the internet into my movie.:beer:

Hmm...I don't remember seeing him in the credits at the end for "technical assistance". Will need to report you to your local SAG union representative.

• Upvote 1

Michael

9 minutes ago, mchepp said:

Hmm...I don't remember seeing him in the credits at the end for "technical assistance". Will need to report you to your local SAG union representative.

Yup.  I also "forgot" to add you and @Wanzo and @coachjimsc and Kyle and @NCGolfer (and whoever else I'm missing) into the credits as "Victims of IP theft" since I stole all of your ideas. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

Yup.  I also "forgot" to add you and @Wanzo and @coachjimsc and Kyle and @NCGolfer (and whoever else I'm missing) into the credits as "Victims of IP theft" since I stole all of your ideas. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

You'll be hearing from my lawyer about that "I don't actually deserve" line, because that's exactly what I was going to say!

• Upvote 2

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

6 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

Well, I'm certainly no cinematographer but this came out a little better than expected.  Hope ya'll enjoy it.  I had fun making it.

Closed Captioning (the gist of it, at least) for the intro to the par 4 hole:  It's a fairly sharp dogleg right so distance off the tee isn't as important as direction.  The closer you can comfortably get to the water, the shorter your approach is going to be.  Since I tend to draw/hook everything right now, my target is the right edge of the furthest right bunker in the distance.  That gives me a little bit of cushion right - on the off chance I push it - while maximizing fairway to the left.  I'm hitting a hybrid off this tee, but from this far forward, I think a 4 iron is probably a better play, as I darn near went through the end of the fairway.

Shoe size: 13 (True Linkswear), 13W (Adidas)

Shirt size: XL (XLT in a perfect world but that's usually not an option)

Pant size: 38 x 34

First, why are you wearing so much clothing? What's it like 65 degrees out? I mean come on! The grass is green and there are leaves on the trees. I'd be in shorts and a Hawaiian shirt! We still have snow on the ground here.:mad:

Second, and this applies to all the vlogs so far, how are there no other golfers on your course? The only time courses near me are empty is around 3 AM when the drunk teenagers go home. Otherwise, there are always golfers. 

Nice job on this. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 minute ago, boogielicious said:

First, why are you wearing so much clothing? What's it like 65 degrees out?

80 degrees :whistle:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

21 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

First, why are you wearing so much clothing? What's it like 65 degrees out? I mean come on! The grass is green and there are leaves on the trees. I'd be in shorts and a Hawaiian shirt! We still have snow on the ground here.:mad:

Well, the pants are because it's a weekday and I knew I was going to sneak out of work early so it's just what I wore to work to facilitate an easy transfer to golf.  Picture something like:

The sweater was because it's cool in the morning and yesterday evening it was a little cloudy and windy such that there was a definite chill to that breeze.  I'm guessing it was in the high 50's.  (It's 58 today)  Note that I recognize how this comes across and can assure you I will not be cross posting into the winter depression thread. :-P

27 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Second, and this applies to all the vlogs so far, how are there no other golfers on your course? The only time courses near me are empty is around 3 AM when the drunk teenagers go home. Otherwise, there are always golfers.  

Yup, this is my issue as well.  I purposely waited until about 3:40 to show up at a course whose cheapest twilight rates are $40 for members.  ($50 for non-members)  And even then, it's still not empty.  You can see me waiting on the twosome in front of me in the fairway of the 4th hole.  And there was a twosome waiting behind me each hole as well.  This is why I've never previously been able to do a vlog, and was stressed about even being able to slap this one together.  Public courses around here are almost always littered with golfers in the daylight hours.

• Upvote 1

As I've only become "active" since May/June of last year, I really don't know many TST members, but these videos are awesome! It's really nice putting faces with avatars

• Upvote 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Note: This thread is 2424 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!