IGNORED

2017 Masters Tournament

iacas
Note: This thread is 2523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

45 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Spieth makes a quad 9 on 15!

:~(

Maybe a quad is his thing now at Augusta. ?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

William McGirt is one hole away from being able to retire to a career as an insufferable TV commentator.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

They just announced that DJ is withdrawing.  Not sure its completely official, but that's what I head on the masters.com simulcast from Amen Corner

And I see I'm late to this particular party, paying more attention to golf than to this thread.  My bad

Get your priorities straight Dave   :-D

• Upvote 1

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

A really intriguing day of golf - McIlroy really needs a break or two and just looks rattled, Day and Rose looking good, some surprises near the top of the leaderboard and Spieth doing a repeat of last year. Not my favourite golfer by a long way, but I gained so much respect for Jordan watching him bounce back again from a real shocker of a hole. 

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

I don't think Rory will ever win a green jacket until he fixes his putting, and I'm just not sure that will ever happen. You need to be a solid putter to win on this course, especially a solid putter from within 10 feet, and he's anything but.

Edited by ChrisP

1 hour ago, Shorty said:

Part of the Masters tradition is to show 1 minute of golf for every 30 minutes of coverage.

• Upvote 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

NBC is the best when it comes to golf. Would really like to see the Masters go to that network but not sure they ever will. It's no wonder all the top golf journalism talent is going over there, such as feherty and tirico.

1 minute ago, Gator Hazard said:

15 is eating everyone's lunch today

And Rae's Creek on 13. Normally those two holes are pretty benign so it's an interesting change!

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

6 minutes ago, Gator Hazard said:

15 is eating everyone's lunch today

Are they all trying to get home in 2?

Vishal S.

5 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Are they all trying to get home in 2?

The ones splashing down in water are. 

10 minutes ago, b101 said:

And Rae's Creek on 13. Normally those two holes are pretty benign so it's an interesting change!

Yup, saw Garcia's ball go there. 

28 minutes ago, b101 said:

Now Rahm and Rory as well... Everyone coming up short!

Edit - I stand corrected, McIlroy got lucky and birdies!

Edited by b101

Charley Hoffman is playing a different course out there.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

How about Charley Hoffman?!

7 under through 17 and played the 4 par-3's in a total of 8 strokes!  :-O

Bubba makes a BOMB on 14!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

No one has ever won the Masters with a triple on their scorecard. Phil came close in 2012 by making up for his early round triple with three straight birdies on 18 heading into Sunday. His final round triple at  number four blew his chance. Giving up four shots on a par five, JS is going to need to eagle out on 15 to even have a chance, assuming he's under par collectively on the other 17 holes.

Note: This thread is 2523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!