IGNORED

TST SoCal 2017 Spring Outing - April 30th at 10 am - Goose Creek

Note: This thread is 2171 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi everybody,

Our Socal group has gone through a bit of a rut since the good old days of our large quarterly outings and I think it's time we change that.  @tristanhilton85, @Big C, @mvmac, and myself have gone through the trouble of taking care of all of the initial planning stages for this outing so we can skip right to the fun part of finalizing everything.

We've already narrowed it down to two Sundays that all four of us are available; Sunday April 23rd and Sunday April 30th.  We also all agree on Goose Creek as the location. (Although, it's not a 100% guarantee yet on the off chance they're booked with a tournament for the day or something.  If we can't book it, then we'll go with one of the other courses in the general area - Eagle Glen, Oak Quarry, Morongo, wherever.)  As long as Goose is available, though, that's our course.

So if you are interested, post here with which Sunday you're available, and we'll figure out which works best for the group and go from there.  I think by then our crazy wet season will be over and everybody will be itching to play and we'll get a good turnout. :)

Tagging all I can think of off the top of my head.  If you know of anybody I missed, please post and tag them.  Thanks!

@Lihu @jefkve @bmartin461 @Shindig @Bechambo @No Mulligans @Pakoh @GolfSwine @chilepepper @Hacker James @Hategolf @gregsandiego

• Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Drew, sounds good - thanks for posting. Yes, I should be available either date, with a slight preference for the 30th. 

Tagging @bplewis24 in case he is still around.

I am tentatively in for the 30th. What would the format be? Flighted?  I have no official HC, but do have a calculated running one on a spreadsheet. .  and possibly add my daughter (age 52). No HC established.

Tag @spider

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

I've been pretty bad lately about both being here on TST, practicing golf (haven't done any real practice since October... that's going to be an awkward next evolvr lesson since I think I left it as "I'll be practicing in Fall"), or playing (haven't played since Thanksgiving ... and that was my sole round since early October).

But I'll commit to being there and having practiced going in.  If it's April 23 or 30, I don't have a preference at the moment, but I'll commit to both.

Thanks to @Hacker James for tagging @spider -- maybe everyone from the last outing can make it to this one too.  That was a great group to play with.  Come to think of it, all the outings had a good group to play with.  I'm excited for this one.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Looking forward to getting a good group out there like we used to. Hopefully at least three, if not four, groups out there.

For those who haven't attended one of these before, in the past we've done a modified Stableford type scoring, although the last few that hasn't happened because it was only one group.

Anyways, this sounds like fun. Hopefully there will be some new faces out there.

• Upvote 1

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Thanks for posting @Golfingdad.

Look forward to getting another outing going, should be fun!

BTW I have a slight preference for April 30th.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

30th sounds good

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

@Patch might be interested. Its not that far a drive noting that his family used to vacation at Sycuan. Heck, I used to ride over to Phoenix just for breakfast in my biker daze.

oh and BTW....any San Diego area folks, I would gladly provide you transportation as long as we could fit the gear in the back of a Prius. There would be only myself and daughter if she wants to go. (she is in Vegas this weekend, and I do not wish to disturb her).

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

9 hours ago, mvmac said:

Thanks for posting @Golfingdad.

Look forward to getting another outing going, should be fun!

BTW I have a slight preference for April 30th.

Mike, everybody that has posted so far has either said both dates work or that they prefer the 30th ... so maybe we just go with the 30th, do you agree?

If so, can you edit my title?

19 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Mike, everybody that has posted so far has either said both dates work or that they prefer the 30th ... so maybe we just go with the 30th, do you agree?

30th is good. Let's go with that.

I talked with Barrett, he's interested.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

17 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Goose Creek is also a great choice, so perhaps we can get rid of the "or nearby" as well?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• tristanhilton85 changed the title to TST Socal 2017 Spring Outing - April 30th at Goose Creek (or nearby)
2 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Goose Creek is also a great choice, so perhaps we can get rid of the "or nearby" as well?

Let's not change that for now. Even if we're all agreed to it, its too far out to know for sure that the course isn't hosting a tournament or something like that. It'll be in that general area though.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Super longshot here ... any chance you wanna come visit family at the end of April @Wanzo? :)

10 minutes ago, Lihu said:

7 minutes ago, tristanhilton85 said:

Let's not change that for now. Even if we're all agreed to it, its too far out to know for sure that the course isn't hosting a tournament or something like that. It'll be in that general area though.

Right.  It's as definite as we can be at this point.  I'm gonna be there next Saturday so I'll ask about their group booking policy and see if they have a schedule that far out yet as well.

As long as they're open that day, they will be our hosts. :)

good deal. Keeping to specifics should result in more participation, leaving not too much leeway. Either they can make it, or not. 

• Upvote 1

"James"

2 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

good deal. Keeping to specifics should result in more participation, leaving not too much leeway. Either they can make it, or not. 

That was precisely my original thought.  Starting the thread from too vague a standpoint ends up with us spinning our wheels for weeks and never being able to find a date.

And since we already seem to have good interest, I'll start the list.  Anybody who becomes available, copy and paste the list into a new post and add your name.

1. @Golfingdad
  2. @tristanhilton85
  3. @Big C
  4. @mvmac
  5. @Hacker James (possibly +1)
  6. @chilepepper
  7. @Shindig
  8. @Lihu

Already at two + foursomes!  Hopefully we can get to 16 or 20 this time around like the good old days.  :beer:  All adult friends and family, even if they are not TST members (yet ;-)) are welcome.

Just now, bmartin461 said:

Sounds great!  I agree with the 30th as the 23rd will be the end of a lot of spring break weeks for kids in school.

1. @Golfingdad
  2. @tristanhilton85
  3. @Big C
  4. @mvmac
  5. @Hacker James (possibly +1)
  6. @chilepepper
  7. @Shindig
  8. @Lihu
  9. Add Kaili as a possible.
  10. @bmartin461

Cool! I hope 17 and a half somewhat qualifies as an "adult"?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 2171 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!