IGNORED

Dufner putter drop

Wanzo
Note: This thread is 2553 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 hours ago, NCGolfer said:

Except that golfers normally don't do that.  To make your analogy he would have just laid the club on the bag on the way to the next tee.  I've never seen a golfer do what Dufner did

Good point.  I think I initially equated it to laying it on the bag (i.e. a normal occurrence), but I've also never seen someone drop it right by the hole now that I think about it more...so the "ball 4" comparison I made isn't really apples-to-apples.

I've played a lot more baseball in my life than I have golf, and had a really bad brain-fart moment one time in college as a result of frustration.  Struck-out swinging at a terrible pitch to end an inning, and in one weird combination of being mad at myself/heading out to the field/wanting to get my bat back to the rack...I just turned and helicopter'd it to the fence.  My behind was immediately planted on the pine, deservedly so, and I genuinely had no answer to Coach's "What the hell was that?" question.  Not trying to analyze Duf here, just a sharing strange, out-of-character, moment that's seared into my brain.

- Bill

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Much ado about nothing. But.....the way some segments of society seem to look for things to be offended by, I'm not surprised some folks were offended. It's the new normal

• Upvote 1

I have never seen him so pissed.  THIS face just says it all.  Hard to miss all the emotion and expectations pent up.  I'm sure the caddy was just happy to keep his life when this rage-face comes out.

2017-04-18 15_16_20-jason dufner - Google Search.jpg

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

7 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

I have never seen him so pissed.  THIS face just says it all.  Hard to miss all the emotion and expectations pent up.  I'm sure the caddy was just happy to keep his life when this rage-face comes out.

I wonder if his mind was on that tramp ex wife he had. 

7 minutes ago, Aflighter said:

I wonder if his mind was on that tramp ex wife he had. 

That usually makes him happy such that he makes this face

• Upvote 2

Bill - 

I think that too many people try too hard to find reasons to be offended these days....

• Upvote 3

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

45 minutes ago, David in FL said:

I think that too many people try too hard to find reasons to be offended these days....

That comment offends me David.

• Upvote 1
my get up and go musta got up and went..

8 minutes ago, jetsknicks1 said:

That comment offends me David.

:-D 

In David's bag....

Who cares? His actions were nothing, if his caddy cared, im sure they spoke about it. If I were his caddie I wouldn't say a word because the dude is already being hard in himself. 

On another forum, this is like a huge thing, lol. But they don't have anything else to do except hear themselves talk. Lol

22 hours ago, MacDutch said:

I don't mind at all. And if his caddie was offended he's a crybaby.

If Dufner's caddie was upset, I don't think that makes him a crybaby. That's their relationship, one that is pretty personal, and if that breaks previously set boundaries, then that's their business. 

From my POV, it doesn't bother me. Golf is hard, being a professional athlete is an enormous, enormous grind, and blowing off steam can help relieve pressure. No harm, no foul; as a fan, anyway. 

• Upvote 1

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

23 hours ago, iacas said:

If his caddie is offended that's between them. I refuse to be offended on behalf of someone else.

Yup.

Especially when the caddie can simply quit if he does not like it.

• Upvote 1

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

45 minutes ago, 14ledo81 said:

Yup.

Especially when the caddie can simply quit if he does not like it.

Yep.  And I bet there are plenty of caddies out there that would jump at the chance to pick up Duffner's bag!

In David's bag....

I'm not offended for his caddie, I'm not offended at all, it's just not that big of a deal, but it is kind of a bush league move, there are better ways to show emotion out there.

21 hours ago, rehmwa said:

non-story, except for someone trying to manufacture something

This is exactly what it is. People trying to make a story of nothing.

Trollin' is the life

32 minutes ago, MrDC said:

I'm not offended for his caddie, I'm not offended at all, it's just not that big of a deal, but it is kind of a bush league move, there are better ways to show emotion out there.

I think it's better than a lot of things we've seen:

• Throwing clubs into ponds
  • Dropping f-bombs
  • Blaming photographers for distracting you
  • Directly blaming the caddie

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

BFD.....his caddy had the flagstick...... it's not like the guy was 40 yards from Dufner waiting to move to next hole.

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Definitely a non issue, it'd be different if he spiked it into the green. Seems no different then tossing the club on the bag after a bunker shot.

Note: This thread is 2553 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!