Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Al B Tross

Tiger Troubles - DUI Arrest

Note: This thread is 916 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

327 posts / 24204 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

oh yeah, and.....by the way......apparently the NCAA Men's tournament was held this week.....not that Golf Channel or any other sensational news outlet would report on that......sigh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 7:12 PM, iacas said:

Over a month ago. He could be off the by now.

Yeah, I had a hip replaced and was off in two weeks. But every surgery is different I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rehmwa said:

oh yeah, and.....by the way......apparently the NCAA Men's tournament was held this week.....not that Golf Channel or any other sensational news outlet would report on that......sigh

Huh?

They had multiple hours of coverage, live, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday… just as they did last week for the women's. The rounds were replayed in the evenings, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

56 minutes ago, iacas said:

They had multiple hours of coverage, live, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday… just as they did last week for the women's. The rounds were replayed in the evenings, too.

Haha, right and they pre and post round coverage. Not sure what you're seeing @rehmwa. And of course the TGC is going to have a decent amount of coverage on it, it's the GOLF Channel and Tiger is still the biggest name in golf.


I watched the dash cam video, it was sad to see. Obviously sad to see someone who is known for their athleticism be in that vulnerable condition and also sad that he's like that because of his situation with his back. It's not like he was out partying or whatever and decided to drive home drunk. Yes Tiger screwed up, he shouldn't have tried to drive and/or take medication at that time.

I feel like they shouldn't release that kind of thing, it doesn't do anyone any good and I feel like it's a confidentiality or privacy matter. I certainly wouldn't want video and audio of me during an incident like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, rehmwa said:

oh yeah, and.....by the way......apparently the NCAA Men's tournament was held this week.....not that Golf Channel or any other sensational news outlet would report on that......sigh

It's been on the Golf Channel all week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, rehmwa said:

oh yeah, and.....by the way......apparently the NCAA Men's tournament was held this week.....not that Golf Channel or any other sensational news outlet would report on that......sigh

You've already been (rightfully) harassed for this comment :-P but yeah, you clearly weren't paying attention.  They did everything short of having a "live from" show like they do for PGA majors for the last two weeks.

Women last week and men this week, and both got the same coverage.  5 or so hours of live coverage Monday of the final individual round, 8-10 hours of live coverage Tuesday of the team quarters and semis, and 5 hours again of the team finals on Wednesday.  Not counting that they replayed it all of those nights either.

Last Monday through Wednesday and this Monday through Wednesday you would have been hard pressed to find anything BUT the NCAA Championships on Golf Channel.

Oh, and they streamed it all live online free as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

enough.  I watched it too.  I was referencing the web page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, Papa Steve 55 said:

Yeah, I had a hip replaced and was off in two weeks. But every surgery is different I guess.

That is the most sensible post I've read yet on this string.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, rehmwa said:

oh yeah, and.....by the way......apparently the NCAA Men's tournament was held this week.....not that Golf Channel or any other sensational news outlet would report on that......sigh

I watched it yesterday on GC....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, chspeed said:

The laws for releasing public video are different in many states, and it's not always up to the police. Not sure what the decision making process was in this case. One thing I am certain of, however, is that Tiger and his lawyers had no say.

From what I understand the videos are public records and can be requested by the press. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, mvmac said:

 


I watched the dash cam video, it was sad to see. Obviously sad to see someone who is known for their athleticism be in that vulnerable condition and also sad that he's like that because of his situation with his back. It's not like he was out partying or whatever and decided to drive home drunk. Yes Tiger screwed up, he shouldn't have tried to drive and/or take medication at that time.

I feel like they shouldn't release that kind of thing, it doesn't do anyone any good and I feel like it's a confidentiality or privacy matter. I certainly wouldn't want video and audio of me during an incident like that. 

I completely agree, it was sad to see. He didn't even know where he was at. He thought he was in LA, going to Orange County.

The reason it is so sad to me is because he was not out partying, drinking all night and screwing hookers. He was so high on narcotics that his brain couldn't even function properly. I don't think he put himself in a bad situation or made the decision to drive. He was just so high he couldn't even function. He probably didn't even know he was driving or had any reason to be driving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/31/2017 at 10:47 AM, Jack Watson said:

Darwinism is no excuse for cheating.  Bad argument.  When you get married you make a conscious commitment.

Again,  if you never grew out of a need for strange,  then why get married?  Why have kids?  

Just because you have an urge doesn't mean it's okay to act.

We are not monkeys.

Just so you know (and I know it;s off topic), it has nothing to do with darwinism. Darwinism is an overly broad term that nobody really uses in the biology world (unless they are teaching high school chemistry). Genetic predisposition goes far, far deeper than Darwin could ever explain. Man propagates offspring because of a genetic need to grow our own bloodline. It's genetics, and it's natural.  It's only natural to want to broaden your chances of continuing your bloodline by impregnating other women. Cheating is a form of that, even when condoms are used, the issue is so deep ingrained that you either need to work to keep it in check, and train yourself to behave differently, like all human actions, or follow through with the action. 

 

That training to be monogamous begins young, usually as a child. Coming from a happy home helps, but it doesn't drive away the natural need. 

Edited by Apoc81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I feel sorry for Tiger. Despite his fame he's just as human as the rest of us. Difference is if we take a fall from grace it isn't all over the news.

maybe its the fame that has some part to play in all this?. I mean because of who he is he has to maintain a public image and that has to put a strain on hin mentally.

hope he can find his way back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, sirsteveo55 said:

I completely agree, it was sad to see. He didn't even know where he was at. He thought he was in LA, going to Orange County.

The reason it is so sad to me is because he was not out partying, drinking all night and screwing hookers. He was so high on narcotics that his brain couldn't even function properly. I don't think he put himself in a bad situation or made the decision to drive. He was just so high he couldn't even function. He probably didn't even know he was driving or had any reason to be driving.

Read more  

So, the drugs are to blame?  :-\

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, David in FL said:

So, the drugs are to blame?  :-\

Yea, in this case I do blame the drugs. If he took drugs he was prescribed and this is what occurred, I would say its the drugs fault. If he is taking drugs that he is not prescribed then its his fault for making the decision to take them.

For example when my mother in law takes Ambien, anything she does after she has taken it, she does not remember. My father in law has to keep her in the house and make sure she does not leave. When she calls in the evening the first thing we ask is have you taken your Ambien because if she says yes then we tell her we will talk to her tomorrow because she will not remember anything and talk crazy. Its not her making the decision, its the drugs. Drugs control peoples minds which controls their decisions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An interesting discussion here is intent. If a reaction to medication caused him to not even make a conscious decision to drive, is that less of an offense? If he was so out of it that he wasn't able to make a rational decision.

Anyway, it's unfortunate and he clearly committed a crime by putting others in danger, and I don't care much beyond that. I'm not interested in making moral judgements about entertainers. I'm interested in seeing him play golf. I'm sure he'll be healthy for the 2024 season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Aguirre said:

An interesting discussion here is intent. If a reaction to medication caused him to not even make a conscious decision to drive, is that less of an offense? If he was so out of it that he wasn't able to make a rational decision.

I never said it was not a crime, or even less of an offense. It was a crime and he should be held accountable like everyone else. I was just saying it was more so sad because of the drugs that caused him to do this. And as I told the person ^^ I do blame the drugs.

I do not think it would be as sad if he was partying all night drinking with hookers. Then I would just be like whatever he made the decision to go do that not sad at all because he made the decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, sirsteveo55 said:

Yea, in this case I do blame the drugs. If he took drugs he was prescribed and this is what occurred, I would say its the drugs fault. If he is taking drugs that he is not prescribed then its his fault for making the decision to take them.

For example when my mother in law takes Ambien, anything she does after she has taken it, she does not remember. My father in law has to keep her in the house and make sure she does not leave. When she calls in the evening the first thing we ask is have you taken your Ambien because if she says yes then we tell her we will talk to her tomorrow because she will not remember anything and talk crazy. Its not her making the decision, its the drugs. Drugs control peoples minds which controls their decisions.

Read more  

If your Mother in Law knows that Ambien affects her like that, and still knowingly takes it, then she, not the Ambien is responsible for the consequences of taking the drug.

That's why drugs have warning labels.  It's not to give us something to read on a slow news day. ;-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 916 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...