IGNORED

Tiger Troubles - DUI Arrest

Al B Tross

Note: This thread is 1638 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Booked at 7:18 released at 10:50.

I thought I remembered an attorney buddy of mine telling me that FL law required an 8 hour period of "observation" before any DUI suspect could be released, though I guess it could be jurisdiction specific.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14 minutes ago, David in FL said:

I thought I remembered an attorney buddy of mine telling me that FL law required an 8 hour period of "observation" before any DUI suspect could be released, though I guess it could be jurisdiction specific.

Money talks.

19 minutes ago, David in FL said:

He was taken into custody at 3:00AM, that probably counts as time under observation.

I will never understand celebrities like Tiger driving under the influence, have a driver on payroll or just grab an uber!  

54 minutes ago, Shindig said:

If this is true, then Tiger may have finally done something I can't defend.  C'mon man, Elin didn't take so much of your money that you can't afford an Uber. 

Totally agree - just stupid and unnecessary.

Will be curious to see the substance under which he was influenced - alcohol or painkillers... not that either is acceptable but wondering if this unfolds even further. 

That booking photo is proof a picture is worth a thousand words. Looks like it was one hell of a night!

I don't understand why celebrities do this either but then again, who here can say they've never made a bad decision while under the influence? I'm sure there are more than one or two people here who had a few too many, only to wake up next to a swamp donkey in the morning.

5 minutes ago, Al B Tross said:

Totally agree - just stupid and unnecessary.

Will be curious to see the substance under which he was influenced - alcohol or painkillers... not that either is acceptable but wondering if this unfolds even further. 

my guess is a combination of both. 

3 minutes ago, Gator Hazard said:

That booking photo is proof a picture is worth a thousand words. Looks like it was one hell of a night!

I don't understand why celebrities do this either but then again, who here can say they've never made a bad decision while under the influence? I'm sure there are more than one or two people here who had a few too many, only to wake up next to a swamp donkey in the morning.

I think as we got older and Uber emerged, these kind of mistakes are vere rare for most thinking adults in 2017.

Just now, Elrey Desol said:

my guess is a combination of both. 

That might explain why he didn't have enough sense to negotiate a ride home. 

6 minutes ago, gregsandiego said:

That might explain why he didn't have enough sense to negotiate a ride home. 

This is what happens when he doesn't have a caddie to recommend a driver. 

• Upvote 4

One thing I think we can all agree on.....what Tiger Woods did on the course was something special. What Tiger Woods has done off the course has been something sad. He was a role model on the course, but definitely off.

That being said, DUI's happen to a lot of people and athletes. While what he did with his marriage wasn't "a crime" that got him arrested, it was more devastating than this DUI. 

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 1638 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!