IGNORED

Golf Balls by the Sleeve

Note: This thread is 2396 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Does anyone know of any online stores where you can buy balls by the sleeve and have them shipped reasonably?  I like to experiment a lot with different balls (cheapest piece of equipment to play with) and don't like committing to dozens.  Local pro shop has just a few offerings by the sleeve.  thanks.

I think Snell will sell a mixed dozen, half the GetSum and half MyTourBall, with no shipping charge.  Click on the Snell logo to go to their website

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

19 hours ago, ngremour said:

Does anyone know of any online stores where you can buy balls by the sleeve and have them shipped reasonably?  I like to experiment a lot with different balls (cheapest piece of equipment to play with) and don't like committing to dozens.  Local pro shop has just a few offerings by the sleeve.  thanks.

I do not know of any store that does. Typically they are much more expensive than buying by the dozen.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• 2 weeks later...

Try Carls Golfland.  They definitely sell by the sleeve.  You would have to call to get several sleeves, that won't be on the internet.  I did exactly what you are describing years ago. 

Get a retrieval tool, go into the woods a couple times on non-busy days.  You'll have more than enough balls of different brands and models.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Bill - 

I'm assuming you're trying to find the right ball for you. If that's the case, I would recommend buying by the dozen, despite the additional cost. Also, I'm pretty sure I couldn't definitively say a ball was "for me" unless I had played at least a dozen. Maybe I lose more golf balls than you, though. If after a sleeve they're a definite "no" you can still use them for those days you're playing poorly or something. 

• Upvote 1

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

While I will by a sleeve on an occasion, my buddies and I rely on each other and trade out.  I will also rely on on found balls and give them a try.  My local course will kick me a two pack every so often to tey out as well.  I take advantage of twilight times to try out different balls off the tee as its usually not crowded.  I play my first ball and then drop 2 or 3 others and do the same from the fairway.  I pitch, chip, and putt on practice area.  

To the best of my knowledge, no online shops sell golf balls by the sleeve.  However, virtually all golf courses do.  If your home course doesn't offer a big selection, try one of the other pro shops in the area.  You can even try the private country clubs if you can't find what you're looking for at any of the public courses.  Some will accommodate a non-member for purchases, some won't.  Just call and ask.

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

I just stumbled across a new golf ball site today that will sell a sleeve as a 'trial'. Cutgolfco.com has 3 types of balls available (4 piece, 3 and 2 piece). I just ordered a sleeve of their 4 piece ball to test for $6.50. A dozen is only $19.95 so I hope I like them! BTW - I am not associated with them in any way.

10 hours ago, 1badbadger said:

To the best of my knowledge, no online shops sell golf balls by the sleeve.  However, virtually all golf courses do.  If your home course doesn't offer a big selection, try one of the other pro shops in the area.  You can even try the private country clubs if you can't find what you're looking for at any of the public courses.  Some will accommodate a non-member for purchases, some won't.  Just call and ask.

But you'll pay $15 a sleeve... ;-) 

• Like 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

6 hours ago, David in FL said:

But you'll pay $15 a sleeve... ;-) 

Yep, you're probably right.  But if someone is testing balls and doesn't want to pay $45 or more for a dozen urethane covered balls, then it's going to run $12-15/sleeve.  If there was a place that sold them online for a little less, the shipping & handling would bump it back up.

Whatchya gonna do?  :-(

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

Hi All,

Having talked to a bunch of people about this, who like me, try a lot of different balls looking for the "next best thing", I have launched a website they may help fill this need.  People can buy and try balls by the sleeve, mixing and matching different brands.  If any of you would like to take a look and give any feedback that would be welcome (positive or negative).  Buying sleeves this way may not be for everyone, but it may work for some.  scoreasleeve.com

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/18/2017 at 0:03 AM, Jack Watson said:

Try Pinnacle.

Try urethane.

imo if you are working on the swing urethane higher spinning is an advantage because the ballflight is truer to the swing.  More feedback.

Sir, you speak sooth! Just started playing the Pinnacle ball again. Bought a dozen of the Soft (control) and a dozen Rush (distance) at an end of season tent sale for less than 30 bucks! The Soft has been a revelation! The cover is ionomer not urethane, unless urethane is an ionomer. I'm not up on plastics engineering.

I say, just buy the whole box. I mean, it's not like you'll hate callaway hex vs. titleist proV or some other top brand balls....unless you're into manufacturer's logos......

If you play golf often, you'll go through them in no time......

In my bag Driver: Cleveland CG tour black Fairway Woods: Diablo Octane 3 wood; Diablo 5 wood Irons: Mizuno MP53 5-9 Hybrid: Cobra 3, 4 T-Rail Wedge: 46* Cleveland, 50* Cleveland, 54* Titleist, 60* Titleist Putter: Odyssey protype #6 Ball: Maxfli U4/U6... But I'm not really picky about the ball I use.

On 8/9/2017 at 11:28 AM, rehmwa said:

Get a retrieval tool, go into the woods a couple times on non-busy days.  You'll have more than enough balls of different brands and models.

Yes, and most of the time you don't even need a retriever. Just look behind trees where the golfer in the group in front of you clearly hit into but dropped another ball near it. . . :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 2396 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!