IGNORED

Music on the Course - When Did This Become a Thing?

wedge player
Note: This thread is 1068 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The only time I've seen anything like this is when someone is wearing ear buds to listen to their music.

To be honest part of my enjoyment for the game comes from how peaceful it is out on the course, apart from the very many f bombs hurled when I miss hit the ball that is! :)

Regards

Mailman

This is what I like.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's rare enough that its not a big issue for me, but I've definitely seen it. Generally, its been weekend afternoons at the public courses I play. Really, it so crowded under those circumstances that peace and quiet has no chance anyway.

Still, the preference would be no music.

Wouldn't matter to me either way, I'm REALLY good at tuning out noises, just ask my wife!  My hearing isn't what it used to be, which is a bless and a curse, but on the course I could tune out music, just like talking while I'm hitting has never bothered me either.  That being said, if you screamed in a bullhorn on my downswing I would flinch, but normal talking while I'm hitting has no effect on me.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

There should be an "indifferent" option in the poll.

Agree ... One of my first threads started ... So still learning, and now I am not smart enough to add it ... Thanks, that was good constructive feedback.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Think I mentioned this on another thread but I believe those who haven't seen it yet soon will. I went into the PGA Store some months ago and was hit with a huge display of Bluetooth speakers designed specifically for golf carts as I entered. Becoming quite popular here in DFW. I play music, as do some of my buds and run across others doing it maybe every other round.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

• 2 months later...

Never once encountered it, not even in a scramble. I wouldn't like it and I love music.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Same wouldn't like it. It's a time and place thing. I've spent 40 years playing guitar and other instruments and the course is the last place I want to hear music. We streamed the US Open on my phone on Sun and I found myself trying to tune it out.

Dave :-)

No music for me. Nobody I play with would like the music I like anyway and visa versa.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Played with a threesome this morning that did this. No problem for me. I've done it when I'm by myself and enjoy it. My home course doesn't really have adjacent holes. So it works.

—Adam

I like music just fine, but it has no place on the golf course.   The only music I want to hear is the birds singing and the wind in the trees.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I'd also add that I never played with anyone who did it, who didn't ask if I minded.

—Adam

I prefer no music. But, music is preferable to a baseball broadcast. If someone hits a homerun while I'm on the tee, the baseball fan will shout with joy during my backswing.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Not my cup of tea, but if I can't hear it, I don't care. Same goes for cell phones.  It is another thing if there is a little line up at the tee box, but even in that case, I guess I wouldn't care. As long as I can get away from it after a short time.

We had this issue at our club. Their are a couple of groups that play fairly loud music while playing. We asked our pro about it and he looked up in the rules of golf and apparently you are not allowed to have an outside agent that may help with your tempo or swing. His opinion was that music was not allowed. Thats why you never see a pro wearing earbuds at a tournament. I'm sure one of you can locate the exact rule.

It doesn't really matter much to me. I wouldn't personally put any music on while I play, but if one of my friends has some on, I don't mind it or I won't ask him to turn it off.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

Note: This thread is 1068 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!