IGNORED

Share your scariest experience.

Seals
Note: This thread is 2390 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Could be golf related. Does not have to be. Here is mine.

About 3 months ago, I was driving back from a concert with a few friends (1 girls, 2 guys) It was about a 1:30 drive back to where we all lived, and the majority of the trip was on this long deserted road. halfway along the trip, we saw this apparent car accident ahead. From the second I saw it, i knew something was up. It looked staged, in a way I will try my best to explain. for the hourish time I was driving on this road, i had seen maybe 3 or 4 other cars. The damage this sedan had looked like it had been hit by an 18 wheeler going 100 mph, something I felt wasn't possible to happen on a residential, country-like road. I asked whether we should stop, and my 2 buddies tried to act all macho in front of this girl, saying "What are you, scared of something, etc". However, the girl told us me to keep driving. I have known her for a long time, and could tell something was wrong. She normally is very humanitarian and would have tried to help any possible survivors. I slowly drove by and about 100 feet after we passed, we saw several people come out from the bushes near the car. I still don't know what would have happened if we stopped, but I am sure glad i trusted my gut and kept going. 

so there is one of mine, lets hear yours. 

I had some pretty scary times in S.E. Asia, but since this is a golf forum......

I was searching in a rough area for my ball. I stepped on this huge snake. In my haste to get away from this pissed off critter, I stumble, fell down, but continued crawl out of the critter's space. I was not graceful at all. 

After I got my stuff together, and knew I was not bit, I located the critter which turned out to be a 4' +/- bull snake. When I stepped on it, it seemed it was much bigger. 

I triple bogied that hole. :~(

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

As a retired Marine, I'll quote Winston Churchill...

"There is nothing quite so exhilarating as having been shot at, and missed..."

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Hikes in Zion and Arches NPs with huge elevation drops (people have died) scared the bejsus out of me, I hate heights, but forced myself to confront my worst fears and nearly pissed my pants.

During a flight I swear the plane must of dropped 100 feet in an instant and then some bad chop. Made my peace with the world and was ready to assume crash position. Met a guy at work who survived a plane crash where the fuselage split open. Always wanted to ask him what it was like never did, thought it was inappropriate.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

4 hours ago, Patch said:

I had some pretty scary times in S.E. Asia,

4 hours ago, David in FL said:

As a retired Marine, I'll quote Winston Churchill...

"There is nothing quite so exhilarating as having been shot at, and missed..."

That's what I was thinking, but I guess another would be driving at night in the mountains going back to Creede, CO when it began to sleet. The car spun around twice and I looked down into the canyon. Good Lord! (And I mean that!). -Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

Years ago on a red eye flight from Boston to LA after visiting potential graduate schools, the plane took off and about 30 sec. into the flight, a flash of light appeared on the left wing.  I notice the plane was not climbing any more - we were about 4K to 5K feet above the ground.  The pilot comes on and says one of the engines blew.  We circled around to dump the fuel and - fortunately - landed safely as fire trucks were racing down the runway where we landed.

Scared crap out of me.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

When I was 13 the lake in our neighborhood in Florida had some great bass fishing. We knew where the beds where and when drought season came we could wade out to our mid-thigh and would be much more accurate with our casts. Well, I stepped on an alligator tail and it swam away so fast it knocked me off my feet. I got up and immediately knew what it was and we all were running to the shore. Well, I think the gator was as scared as me because he surfaced about 20ft away and just watched us as we fished from the safety of the dock the rest of the day. Im not sure if I pissed myself or not but I could feel my heart beating in my ears for a little while after. 

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

On 9/24/2017 at 9:05 AM, Seals said:

Could be golf related. Does not have to be. Here is mine.

About 3 months ago, I was driving back from a concert with a few friends (1 girls, 2 guys) It was about a 1:30 drive back to where we all lived, and the majority of the trip was on this long deserted road. halfway along the trip, we saw this apparent car accident ahead. From the second I saw it, i knew something was up. It looked staged, in a way I will try my best to explain. for the hourish time I was driving on this road, i had seen maybe 3 or 4 other cars. The damage this sedan had looked like it had been hit by an 18 wheeler going 100 mph, something I felt wasn't possible to happen on a residential, country-like road. I asked whether we should stop, and my 2 buddies tried to act all macho in front of this girl, saying "What are you, scared of something, etc". However, the girl told us me to keep driving. I have known her for a long time, and could tell something was wrong. She normally is very humanitarian and would have tried to help any possible survivors. I slowly drove by and about 100 feet after we passed, we saw several people come out from the bushes near the car. I still don't know what would have happened if we stopped, but I am sure glad i trusted my gut and kept going. 

so there is one of mine, lets hear yours. 

Good you moved on. . .

This happened to my ex co-workers mentor and a good friend of everyone at my ex-company. I really liked his "engineering parties", where we would design different controllers for his lights at the top of the hill.

http://articles.latimes.com/1992-05-17/news/ga-305_1_death-sentence

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

To those of you who have served and were involved with combat, nothing I've been through can possibly compare. I don't say it enough, but thank you. 

There have a been a few scary experiences - most of which brought about from my own stupidity. So far, nothing golf related.

Scared for someone else...  When he was 4, my youngest son opened up stitches from a tonsillectomy. Never realized so much blood could come from a small child. I followed the ambulance and of course feared the worse. Arrived at the ER and the inside of the ambulance looked like a murder scene (he continued to throw up the blood he'd been swallowing). Must have looked worse than it was because the ER sent him home with us that night.

Scared for my own life... was 12 or 13 and hanging out with some older HS kids. We got caught up in a gang fight - which was scary enough - and at some there was a gun shot. To this day, I don't know if the shot came from someone in the fight or a neighbor shooting in the air to break it up. Either way, I've never run so fast. When I looked back, all the older kids were running away too. Good times!

Jon

10 hours ago, JonMA1 said:

To those of you who have served and were involved with combat, nothing I've been through can possibly compare. I don't say it enough, but thank you. 

+1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Having the condom break......

Lol jk...

But seriously, being told you have cancer. I had a false positive PET scan report after going into remission. Single scariest moment. Much scarier than the initial diagnosis because at that point I knew what it entailed.

Colin P.

my wife got me a Rottweiler about ten years ago. He's real mellow and laid-back. Her aunt is a dog groomer and cautioned us against getting a cable to tie him up but I did anyways. We were having our family reunion at our house and we were up on the deck and had him tied up in the yard. A toddler from the neighbors house wandered into our yard and Harley walked around him and when I looked down, the cable was wrapped loosely around the child's neck. If Harley had taken off running, the child would have been decapitated. I told Harley "stay" and he did and I walked down. Needless to say the cable got thrown out that day. I'm a retired cop and have been in more than my share of confrontations but that one still makes me pause when I recall it.

12 hours ago, gym_class_hero said:

my wife got me a Rottweiler about ten years ago. He's real mellow and laid-back. Her aunt is a dog groomer and cautioned us against getting a cable to tie him up but I did anyways. We were having our family reunion at our house and we were up on the deck and had him tied up in the yard. A toddler from the neighbors house wandered into our yard and Harley walked around him and when I looked down, the cable was wrapped loosely around the child's neck. If Harley had taken off running, the child would have been decapitated. I told Harley "stay" and he did and I walked down. Needless to say the cable got thrown out that day. I'm a retired cop and have been in more than my share of confrontations but that one still makes me pause when I recall it.

Wow. Glad you knew how to handle it. Did you walk slowly to the dog as to not rile him up? 

Thank you for protecting and serving your community. Respect the Blue Line!

On September 30, 2017 at 8:48 AM, colin007 said:

Having the condom break......

Lol jk...

But seriously, being told you have cancer. I had a false positive PET scan report after going into remission. Single scariest moment. Much scarier than the initial diagnosis because at that point I knew what it entailed.

Wow. I'm sorry to hear that. How are you holding up.

18 hours ago, Seals said:

Wow. Glad you knew how to handle it. Did you walk slowly to the dog as to not rile him up? 

Thank you for protecting and serving your community. Respect the Blue Line!

yeah I walked real slowly towards him and told him to "stay." He's a great dog, the first dog I ever owned. 

Edited by gym_class_hero

23 hours ago, Seals said:

Wow. I'm sorry to hear that. How are you holding up.

This Columbus day weekend will be ten years since my initial diagnosis. Stage 3 NH Lymphoma. Lost 60 lbs in 3 months, but all good now. My hair never really came back, but who cares right?

Thanks for asking bro.

Colin P.

Have had a few..

1) When I was 6, I came up within a few yards of two snarling Dobermans when I walked in to a house compound through a large iron gate (unlocked, I never found out why..) to retrieve a ball (a la Sandlot..). The owner came up and grabbed them just in time furious since these were trained guard dogs and I would have stood no chance. 

2) Stepped on a passing king Cobra in my yard (I grew up in rural India) when I was about 9. Luckily it must have had more important things to tend to and just slithered away. 

3) I have been in two head on collisions one at age 8 and one at 17. Fortunately nobody sustained any life long damage.  

Vishal S.

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

This Columbus day weekend will be ten years since my initial diagnosis. Stage 3 NH Lymphoma. Lost 60 lbs in 3 months, but all good now. My hair never really came back, but who cares right?

Thanks for asking bro.

I never knew, wow, so glad to hear you are okay.

Note: This thread is 2390 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!