IGNORED

Crypto Currency (Bitcoin)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got a kick reading this thread through....would be interested to know if @JetFan1983 still has "millions" of Dogecoin. 

I've only played with Bitcoin and Dogecoin these last 6 months or so. Took my typical approach with my fun investing money of buying on down days. My average cost basis on Bitcoin was just under $29k and I sold the lot when it hit $60k for the first time thinking I'd buy in when it dropped to $50k. As it hovered in the $55k-$64k region for a while I ended up buying back in at $55k but have bought some more whilst it's been in the mid $30s.

I bought Dogecoin back in January for a laugh. It was $0.008 at the time so just bought a few hundred dollars worth. It exploded within hours and went up by 1000% in 2 days so I sold the lot when it hit 8 cents and watched it tumble in minutes. For a laugh I threw another $100 back into that I'll just leave there for eternity and see what happens with it 😄 

A friend of a friend became rather well known because he threw a hard drive away by mistake that had 7500 bitcoins on it. He has made numerous attempts to have the local council allow him to dig in the area of the landfill he believes it'll be., even saying he'd donate half the money to local causes.

106824589-1610640845035-gettyimages-4626

A British man who accidentally threw out a hard drive with a trove of bitcoin wants local city officials to let him search for it in a landfill site.

Did you see Kenny Mayne interview with Aaron Rodgers?

These were the last words spoken by Kenny Mayne on ESPN.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@Fraser do you hold any other altcoins?
I dabble in a few small positions, ADA, ALGO, LRC, ATOM, XLM.

Wish I would have jumped on ETH when it was 2,000 this week... :cry:

And also MATIC when it was under a buck...

I kind-of have a moral distain for crypto right now. Just a slight one. Mostly, I don't think it brings any economic value at all. Right now, its just basically a transfer of wealth mechanism. 

When you invest in a stock it is in general good for a company, which in turn grows, and benefits society. 

Bitcoin is a fabricated fad. It's basically a gold rush, but at least gold had utility after we developed electronics. Before then, gold only had value because it looked shiny. 

Some part of me wants to throw some money at this to get some wealth transfer. Other part of me doesn't want to participate in this farce. 

19 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

I dabble in a few small positions, ADA, ALGO, LRC, ATOM, XLM.

Wish I would have jumped on ETH when it was 2,000 this week... :cry:

And also MATIC when it was under a buck...

I've got a few, XRP is where most of my crypto money is, a small chunk in FEG too, and a little in DOGE just for fun.

Not counting on any of it and it's money I can afford to lose.

44 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

Just the Doge and Bitcoin.

A good friend who talks investment stuff with me a lot told me one of his buddies has been trying to get him into Safemoon but frankly I'm too lazy. When Doge was up at $0.70+ I was trying to figure out how to short it, preferably on an ultra fashion (I'm a big fan of widely spread ultra ETFs) and the steps to go through, Jesus. I'm too lazy even though I figured I could make a pretty penny off it...

38 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

When you invest in a stock it is in general good for a company, which in turn grows, and benefits society. 

Eh not really. Retail investors don’t generally have the capital required to move the value of the stock much in any transaction, and unless you’re buying stock from an IPO, the company isn’t getting your money.

There’s money to be made in crypto, but it’s an extremely volatile and unregulated market.

Risk is the biggest factor in whether to invest in crypto or not IMO, not ethics.