IGNORED

Shotmakers - New Golf Television Competition at Topgolf

billchao
Note: This thread is 2139 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

4 hours ago, iacas said:

Huh?

You honestly like it?

It’s not only not perfect, it’s horrible.

I totally agree, I watched about 10 minutes of it, it sucks!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Watched it some today. Pretty boring. May be fun to do but the show is meh.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

3 hours ago, MuniGrit said:

I don't like going to top golf and don't want to watch people play top golf. 

I thought it was mildly entertaining to play, but just WAY TOO expensive. My wife and I went to Top Golf Las Vegas with another couple and spent like $250 and the wives didn't even play. We all did have a few beverages though. :beer:

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

It looks like I'm the only person in the golfing world who did not get bored watching Shotmakers.

54 minutes ago, CCC said:

It looks like I'm the only person in the golfing world who did not get bored watching Shotmakers.

Hey, to each their own, I have a buddy who loves the movie Battlefield Earth. 

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

On 4/10/2018 at 9:57 PM, iacas said:

I watched the first episode, and am halfway through the second.

So boring.

Right? I tried to watch it and outside of the admittedly nice eye candy, I just couldn’t get into it.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

So I watched the first 2 episodes this week and it was ok.  Not the worst show on TV and not the best.

The second show was a bit better.  Not everyone going for the trench.  A lil strategy to get the highest scores.  Most of the girls are cute and some got smart and switched the tight spandex from black to grey... made for better viewing!  :beer:

I will keep DVR'ing and watch when I can.  TV nowadays is pretty lame so we need some OK shows to fill the nights.  They don't always have a tourney on every night.

A lot are dissing on Big Break.  Not sure why.  I liked that show.  Best was when Mel Collins was hosting.  She is HOT!  That was a cool series with neat challenges and they moved around on holes with some hard shots.  I wish it was in GC archives but it is not available on demand.

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

I haven't seen this yet, though I do have it recorded.   It seems interesting that everyone was just "going for the trench" as you were saying.    I'm assuming the trench is just the back of the range, right? 

I'm surprised the games aren't more specific than that.  such as "hit the blue 3 times in a row" or something like that.   When I was at TopGolf in Arizona, that trench was like 210 out.   All I would do is aim a 5-iron at the white, if it landed in, great, if it missed it rolled into the back for points.     I don't know..   maybe this TopGolf is different or something?   

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Have only seen the ad's so far, but it should be worth a look.  Those Topgolf facilities look pretty fun.  Do they also offer an option to play various courses around the world?

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

I was rather bored with it. Funny how every single female competing was a smoke show pretty much. I liked Big Break. This one’s a snooze fest.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I'm willing to put up with terrible entertainment for some eye candy.  Nonetheless, I found it unwatchable. 

Finally getting around to watching this.  First, the bleach blond on the blue team is quite the smoke show.

secondly, for all these “shotmakers”, how is no only playing a fade into the trench.  Like, a 7 iron fading over the blue target is money. 

And, obviously, if you’re going at a target, green is an easy answer.  How many times do they need to miss the blue, before they realize the extra points aren’t worth the risk of the zero?  

check out my swing here

I know long drive is not golf, but I’m shocked at how bad Maurice Allen is. He can barely keep his 9-iron on the course.  

• Upvote 1

check out my swing here

Just watched the replays on Golf Channel. What a terrible show.  Then again, I had expectations of watching good golfers.  We need to go back to Big Break if anything.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

1 hour ago, Papa Steve 55 said:

Lets just put some cameras up on a local driving range.

first we need to get some bad commentators and crowds that cheer after each shot

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

1 hour ago, Papa Steve 55 said:

Lets just put some cameras up on a local driving range.

I would probably watch this..  

check out my swing here

Note: This thread is 2139 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!