IGNORED

2018 The PLAYERS Championship

Zeph
Note: This thread is 2179 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 minutes ago, colin007 said:

I don't like Webb Simpson. I don't like how his swing looks, and he's got a stupid looking face.

Man, way too much energy to spend not liking someone for superficial reasons. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Man, way too much energy to spend not liking someone for superficial reasons. 

Come over to the dark side, my friend. There's lots of room over here....

Colin P.

Like him or not, he's making short work of this tournament. Nobody that was in range after 36 are making a move and he's 8 shots ahead. This one is done and done.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

He's lapping the field. Impressive.

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

What WS is doing is amazing and I've really no opinions on the player don't know much about the guy,  but I turned away from the telecast after about 1/2 hour, it was boring to watch.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

3 hours ago, colin007 said:

I don't like Webb Simpson. I don't like how his swing looks, and he's got a stupid looking face.

Bot one smoking hot wife

DowdSmiling.jpg&w=1100&q=85

Edited by ChrisP
  • Like 1

On 5/11/2018 at 7:32 PM, fishgolf said:

Tiger should take Jordan out for beer and pizza. :doh:

It’s Jordan ...you mean milk.

Gotta say for me I’m not really feeling this pitch and putt tournament. They really porked the course on this one. Just too easy. No significant threats for wayward bombs off the tee. Hitting a par 4 with a 2i and reaching the green? Come on. And for the radio talk...dopes keep talking how important it is to dial back the ball seeing DJ and others ‘embarras the course’ making it ‘obsolete.’ Yeah, problem is the guy running away with the tournament isn’t a bomber. Geesh....enough already....golf is hard and the course always wins in the long run.

Nothing against Simpson but I hope he pulls out some Norman ‘96 mojo.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Extremely impressive performance by Simpson so far. Hard to believe anyone can beat him tomorrow. Meanwhile, the crowds will have a good time with that Tiger/Spieth pairing earlier in the day. 

9 hours ago, colin007 said:

BAN HIM!!!!

8 hours ago, colin007 said:

...not joking....

I fully support your decision. This time I'll go a lot quieter than the last time, lol. (Not here of course, I've been nothing but a gentleman here). 

If you're being serious and referencing another time and another place please feel free to PM me. I'll attempt to explain what occurred there.  I take it you're joking but since I've felt the sting of a ban hammer before at another place, I can never be sure. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SmiterofPV1x said:

I fully support your decision. This time I'll go a lot quieter than the last time, lol. (Not here of course, I've been nothing but a gentleman here). 

If you're being serious and referencing another time and another place please feel free to PM me. I'll attempt to explain what occurred there.  I take it you're joking but since I've felt the sting of a ban hammer before at another place, I can never be sure. 

He's not being serious. Please take it as a joke. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

13 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I'm just waiting for the Bailey exit... 

I'm not sure I want Webb to crap the bed but I'd like to see the tournament entertaining. The long putter and jeebus beating soured me in the past on him but Feherty's interview had me liking him a little better. 

I'd love to see Tiger make a good run at it though, being a Teeg's fanboy and all. 

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

12 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Gotta say for me I’m not really feeling this pitch and putt tournament. They really porked the course on this one. Just too easy. No significant threats for wayward bombs off the tee. Hitting a par 4 with a 2i and reaching the green? Come on

Yup.  This was touted as one of the more difficult courses but it doesn't seem to have throttled the field.  Take Webb's performance out of the list (he's just in a crazy zone) and the scores seem more or less in line with most other tournaments.

It is still my contention that advancements in equipment is the primary factor for these "pitch and putt" events - even with the lengthening of courses in recent decades.  I think they need to start adding considerably more unplayable lies (or nearly so) to reign in the drive it long and wide, no problem epidemic we're seeing.  I recall a number of courses in the Pacific Northwest I've played with fairways lined on both sides by Douglas Fir trees growing in a forest of Manzinita shrub.  A large number of the scrambles off the pine straw we're seeing would not be happening.

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

4 hours ago, boogielicious said:

He's not being serious. Please take it as a joke. 

I did, lol. Mostly anyways, can never be sure given what happened at another much darker place golf site:)

• Like 1

John Rahm and Brooks Koepka on a golf channel advert about 5 minutes ago: 

“I’d rather hit it long and not care where it goes. If I can have wedge from the rough i’m going to score better than 7 or 6 iron from the fairway”

@iacas The pros get it.

I'm prolly in the minority here, but seeing a thousand pink shirts drives me nuts. And I guess we'll see it next year at the PGA Championship. I love mother's day and all, but dang, wear a pink ribbon or pink socks to show your love for moms. Seeing almost every single golfer wear a pink shirt makes me think this is a team event.

Edited by ChrisP

1 minute ago, ChrisP said:

I'm prolly in the minority here, but seeing a thousand pink shirts drives me nuts. 

🙄

Not that big of a deal in my opinion. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 2179 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!