IGNORED

2018 British Open Championship at Carnoustie

Wally Fairway
Note: This thread is 2096 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Zeph said:

Is there no Shot Tracker or something similar for this tournament?

There's supposed to be. Network was saying that it'll show rollout on fairways too.

Shot tracer

Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 10.37.56 AM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

19 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

What... the... hell? Teeless driver?

You talking about the commercial? It just looks like a driver with little to no face roll. Not going to get too OT about it, though.

3 minutes ago, RichWW2 said:

I understand it's been dry and they probably don't have sprinklers, but Chambers Bay looked almost identical, and that course was brutalized by everyone.  One or two bad greens at Shinnecock, and it gets brutalized by everyone.  Baked out brown dirt fairways causing drives well over 400 yards, no big deal? C'mon.

Players care about how the course plays, not generally how it looks. Chamber's Bay had bad greens. Shinnecock suffered from poor judgment on the part of the USGA. The thing both courses had in common was the maintenance was manipulated by people to result in those conditions. I don't expect that kind of criticism for Carnoustie. You can't do anything about the weather for the British Open. It's just what you'd come to expect from links golf.

There's nothing wrong with a brown golf course. If anything, it's the American attitude that a golf course should be green that's more of an issue.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

4 minutes ago, RichWW2 said:

I understand it's been dry and they probably don't have sprinklers, but Chambers Bay looked almost identical, and that course was brutalized by everyone.  One or two bad greens at Shinnecock, and it gets brutalized by everyone.  Baked out brown dirt fairways causing drives well over 400 yards, no big deal? C'mon.

It's because the course will still play well. It's not the USGA trying to play what it thinks is links golf, it's the R&A getting these players to play links golf. The greens are still going to be fine at this course, and that's what the USGA has had problems with. The R&A has the greens playing almost double the grass height at Sinnecock. The greens will be putt able the entire tournament. Nobody is trashing the R&A because the course will be playable.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

2 minutes ago, Darth_Fader said:

Tongue firmly in cheek there I take it?! 😂👌

https://golfweek.com/2010/09/27/story-behind-jim-furyks-39-putter/

You are correct, I chose the number to reference that story exactly :-)  

• Like 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

1 minute ago, colin007 said:

Something must be wrong with the Tiger Tracker, says he had a birdie on the first hole

C.I.!

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

5 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Something must be wrong with the Tiger Tracker, says he had a birdie on the first hole

Awww, is someone working reverse psych games?😋

• Like 1

Vishal S.

1 minute ago, colin007 said:

Confidential Informant?

Chuckling inwardly...I rarely laugh out loud.

• Like 1

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

I hope a reporter asks, what didn't you like about your first tee shot, Tiger?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I think outside of 300+ yard driver bombs and a two hop and stop pitches, stingers are visually some of the sexiest shots out there. Just so damn fun to watch. 

• Like 1

Vishal S.

I like the split screen showing the action while commercial.

Someone spiked the South African sports drinks, 3 in the top 5.

Steve

Tiger looking good. Is a great course for Tiger because he doesn't have to worry about hitting it out of the thick stuff. If he keeps hitting those fairways, even if he has to hit irons off the tee, it plays to what his strengths have been this year. 

Bird! I know patience is name of the game but TW should go ahead on step on it while he is playing good. Nothing too fancy, just post like 6 or 7 under, ya'know.

Vishal S.

Justin Thomas with another birdie to get to 4-under. He's another guy to watch for.

There you go, @colin007. Tiger got some sand in his eye from the 5th tee shot, so now you have your excuse for the rest of the round.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 2096 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!