IGNORED

2018 PGA Championship at Bellerive

iacas
Note: This thread is 2080 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

30 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yeah, cuz that'd be a 19-hole round, which is just weird. 😉

Playoff hole cuz someone else did the same thing. 

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Barring something crazy tomorrow, it appears that the current top-8 on the US team will stay the same. Webb having another solid tournament so it would take probably a collapse by him or a win by Kisner to unseat him.

Captain's pick wise, I think Tiger will be a lock. I think Kisner is looking in better shape. I've always said Schauffele is probably a lock. And then that last spot could be Phil, Kuchar, Finau, BDC or a wild card.

• Administrator

Tiger wants BDC on the team, supposedly.

Also…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

12 hours ago, Eaglesfan139 said:

If tiger can putt better tomorrow he definitely has a shot. 

He needs to putt well, but also keep his balls in the short stuff as much as possible. One bad drive resulting in a bogey and double can easily break his concentration. 

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Anybody catch I think it was McCord call Shane Lowry, Steve Lowery? And then the quick correction from the booth.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I hope Tiger slept in. Of course it will be a dream come true at many levels if he pulls this one off. Even in the case of Tiger, for a 40+ year old with a compromised body to rip through a leaderboard full of players in their absolute physical prime would be nothing short of astounding.

And yet here we are..! Few fortunate rolls away from the improbable. I would love for Ricky to get his first but I will cry if Tiger wins.

Vishal S.

It’s a mixed feeling for me in that overall I think Tiger’s comeback is ahead of the pace I anticipated. The closer he comes to winning the more I find wanting more. Which isn’t an entirely fair sentiment to his progress. But honestly if Tiger plays poorly or just fires a mundane -2 I’ll be disappointed. I wouldn’t be disappointed if he loses as long as he really plays well, no stupid bogeys and someone just plays a remarkable round to win. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

It's amazing how athletes perform at a high level with injuries. Finau at the Masters with the ankle. Fowler here w/strained oblique. I'm just guessing the ice baths Woods is taking is for general soreness, but he's so cagey, still, about what shape is body is in although in all fairness he probably doesn't know to some extent.

Cool to see Julian Suri do well, having worked with his instructor awhile back and he was just interviewed by the No Laying Up guys.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Yesterday, on the range, McIlroy shanked a wedge off the scoreboard.

Steve

Oh yeah, that was Jon Hamm/Don Draper doing the intro segment.

Steve

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

It’s a mixed feeling for me in that overall I think Tiger’s comeback is ahead of the pace I anticipated. The closer he comes to winning the more I find wanting more. Which isn’t an entirely fair sentiment to his progress. But honestly if Tiger plays poorly or just fires a mundane -2 I’ll be disappointed. I wouldn’t be disappointed if he loses as long as he really plays well, no stupid bogeys and someone just plays a remarkable round to win. 

I think he’s swinging it just as well as he did in 2013 when he won POY. What’s kept him from moving to the next level is the putter, and that happens to a lot of guys when they get over 40. Phil’s putter is nowhere near as good as when he was in his 30s. Look at Ernie. Goosen another. Furyk doesn’t putt as well. Paddy. They were solid putters who lost that touch as they got older. So I don’t know if Tiger will ever come close to being the putter he was when he was in his prime.

Edited by ChrisP

1 hour ago, ChrisP said:

I think he’s swinging it just as well as he did in 2013 when he won POY. What’s kept him from moving to the next level is the putter, and that happens to a lot of guys when they get over 40. Phil’s putter is nowhere near as good as when he was in his 30s. Look at Ernie. Goosen another. Furyk doesn’t putt as well. Paddy. They were solid putters who lost that touch as they got older. So I don’t know if Tiger will ever come close to being the putter he was when he was in his prime.

Seems odd though doesn’t it? I mean ..putting? Unless it’s eyesight issues I can’t see why a good putter would just lose it. So much more involved in ball striking than putting. I dunno...it’s true it doesn’t seem like Tiger rolls ‘em in like he used to. But stats may something else. I just hope it’s not a day of great pars for him. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Tiger's first shot: C-

Second shot: A-

53 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Seems odd though doesn’t it? I mean ..putting? Unless it’s eyesight issues I can’t see why a good putter would just lose it. So much more involved in ball striking than putting. I dunno...it’s true it doesn’t seem like Tiger rolls ‘em in like he used to. But stats may something else. I just hope it’s not a day of great pars for him. 

Tough to practice putting with a bad back, maybe? My back always gets sore after a few minutes on the practice green.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

2 hours ago, ChrisP said:

Yeah. There it was. Awful, awful putt. Such a shame. Old Tiger would’ve rammed that home without a thought. Such a timid stroke....damn it.

Note: This thread is 2080 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!