IGNORED

2018 PGA Championship at Bellerive

iacas
Note: This thread is 2077 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 hours ago, Groucho Valentine said:

I won $57 on betting brooks koepka and gary woodland though. My prediction skills are solid. 

I won a buck two ninety eight betting on the guy that finished tied for 58th!  THAT'S some solid predictin' skills!!

48 minutes ago, Zekez said:

I won a buck two ninety eight betting on the guy that finished tied for 58th!  THAT'S some solid predictin' skills!!

Is this a real number?

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

Is this a real number?

My dad used to say that all the time. It's a corny nonsense amount.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Tiger in general was the only reason to care about the PGA championship. He's the best thing thats ever happened to that tournament. Besides John Daly's mustache, all of its greatest moments have involved Tiger in some way. 

16 minutes ago, JSGolf said:

Tiger in contention and CBS showing Tiger 99.9% of the.time brought in the ratings....

Tiger in contention is what brought the ratings. I dont agree with the idea that you think the ratings were high because CBS showed Tiger 99.9% of the time, which is obviously not true by any stretch. They showed every shot Tiger hit, but as far as I can remember, it seems like they showed pretty much every shot Brooks and Adam Scott hit as well, especially on the back 9 once it essentially became a 3 horse race.

CBS showed the final groups/the people that were in contention just like they do at the end of every tournament, just this time Tiger happened to be one of those people. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

What did everyone think of the 4D rotate around the player feature? I wasn't too crazy about it, it was cool to see the different angles, but was hoping for more, like more Gears Golf-ish.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

What did everyone think of the 4D rotate around the player feature? I wasn't too crazy about it, it was cool to see the different angles, but was hoping for more, like more Gears Golf-ish.

I would say that it wasn't used very effectively. They had a new toy but they didn't know how to get much out of it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just now, iacas said:

I would say that it wasn't used very effectively. They had a new toy but they didn't know how to get much out of it.

My memory is fuzzy, but they turned around the player showing multiple positions from different angles, it would have helped to have seen the same position from multiple angles and focused on that one position?

Long game for the win.

https://www.geoffshackelford.com/homepage/2018/8/13/shotlink-on-brooks-koepkas-2018-pga-win-if-he-improves-his-starts-and-around-the-greens-hes-really-unbeatable

BrooksStrokesGained1.jpg?format=2500w

BrooksStrokesGained2.jpg?format=2500w

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

2 hours ago, JSGolf said:

Tiger in contention and CBS showing Tiger 99.9% of the.time brought in the ratings....a 6.1 rating for the final round...up from last year's 3.6.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/golf/news/tiger-woods-2018-pga-championship-tv-ratings-overnight-bellerive-brooks-koepka-st-louis/8649m5fhlbm21e8pug63bum1m

There were people talking to me about Tiger and they never talk to me about golf, yesterday and today... 

Edited by Valleygolfer

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Steve

5 hours ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Same here. It felt like Tiger was in it, but realistically he wasn't. He was always going to need some help. Koepka was in control and then those birdies on 15 & 16 slammed the door. 

Did we watch the same tournament? He finished two shots back, of course he was in contention. Koepka birdied the 16th par three after hitting a 246 yard tee shot to two yards. Meanwhile, Tiger just made par on the easiest hole on the course, the 17th. Take away Koepka's birdie and give Tiger a birdie on 17 and they are in a playoff.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

4 hours ago, Zeph said:

Did we watch the same tournament? He finished two shots back, of course he was in contention. Koepka birdied the 16th par three after hitting a 246 yard tee shot to two yards. Meanwhile, Tiger just made par on the easiest hole on the course, the 17th. Take away Koepka's birdie and give Tiger a birdie on 17 and they are in a playoff.

I don't think Tiger ever caught Koepka, though, did he? Most of the day he was 2 or 3 back, but did pull within 1 for a couple holes. He was in contention, but I also get the notion that it felt like Koepka was always in control of that tournament. Even when Tiger was putting pressure on and Scott caught him, I always felt like this was Koepka's tournament to lose and just always seemed in total control.

Koepka was probably the last guy you would want to try and catch if you were Tiger just because he is so cool , calm and composed and he's also so good and might be the best player in the world right now in major championship conditions.

Edited by ChrisP

5 hours ago, Zeph said:

Actually, give Tiger 2 of the putts that missed by 1/2". The one that stopped on the lip and the one that went right by the lip. No other changes besides 2 putts that had a very decent chance of going in. OR, just have him not be even par on the first day.

All that said, that's golf, scores are based on fractions of an inch here or there.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

5 hours ago, ChrisP said:

I don't think Tiger ever caught Koepka, though, did he? Most of the day he was 2 or 3 back, but did pull within 1 for a couple holes. He was in contention, but I also get the notion that it felt like Koepka was always in control of that tournament. Even when Tiger was putting pressure on and Scott caught him, I always felt like this was Koepka's tournament to lose and just always seemed in total control.

Koepka was probably the last guy you would want to try and catch if you were Tiger just because he is so cool , calm and composed and he's also so good and might be the best player in the world right now in major championship conditions.

I don't think he ever got a share of the lead, but one shot behind is certainly "in it". One or two shots is nothing. Koepka played really well, made the birdies he needed and took a much deserved win, but we all know how quickly that could've been different. One more putt drops for Tiger, one less drops for Koepka. That's margins down to a few centimeters. Millimeters even.

Especially on a Sunday in a major, things can quickly change. Koepka seems a person less likely to blow up because of the psychological pressure, but it's still golf and small mistakes happen.

Scott was in it too. He didn't birdie 17, but bogied 18. A few small changes and they are three in a playoff.

Edited by Zeph

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

17 hours ago, Zeph said:

Not to mention Tiger spotted the field 3 strokes right outta the gate.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Note: This thread is 2077 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!