nevets88

The Cameron Champ Thread

22 posts / 3307 viewsLast Reply

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

It will be fun to see him play in more of the high profile tournaments throughout 2019. I hope he does well. He could be a fun superstar to watch. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He just started on the Tour and he's a star already.  He'll be a superstar in no time.  I'm rooting for him.  If anyone is going to pick up Tiger's mantle, I think it will be Cam Champ.  The Masters is going to be a pitch and putt for him, like it was for Tiger.  I can't wait to see how great he'll be. 

22 hours ago, Herkimer said:

If anyone is going to pick up Tiger's mantle, I think it will be Cam Champ.  

Huh?

56 minutes ago, iacas said:

Huh?

He won't be the next Tiger, but he's going to follow in his footsteps more than just a little bit.  

We had Arnie and Jack.  Then we had Tiger and Phil.  Now it'll be Bryson and Cam.  Exciting battles to come.

Very exciting to see him in the Mayakoba, playing so well on a course that isn't really geared towards big hitters. 

Too early to accurately gauge his potential but there's every reason to believe it would be very high indeed. 

Also up there is Aaron Wise, who I also think is a great prospect.

I've heard of him, but what's the deal with all the hype? Is it just because he hits it far or does he have a good all around game to go with it?

I think it's a combination of hitting it far and , taking into account his age, the potential for improvement elsewhere in his game. 

26 minutes ago, Moxley said:

I think it's a combination of hitting it far and , taking into account his age, the potential for improvement elsewhere in his game. 

I mean he’s already won an event this year. And he’s been staying close to the top of the leaderboards in the others. He already has a really sound game. So add in the drives and you have a fun guy to watch. 

Well I was really liking the guy as one of my picks in the Mayakoba, that is until Sunday afternoon on the 14h hole, when he went DB, B, P and DB again, had he just parred those holes he would have finished right up there close to Kuc.  

On 11/11/2018 at 7:43 AM, billchao said:

I've heard of him, but what's the deal with all the hype? Is it just because he hits it far or does he have a good all around game to go with it?

From an aesthetic pov relative to others the look of the swing, at least to me, it looks the smoothest compared to long hitters. Kind of like in tennis there are some players that underachieve but I will go out of my way to watch them play because their groundstrokes is like art in motion.

Look at that lead wrist. Bow city.

While Cam does hit it far AF!!!!  let's please all give him a couple years to see how he does...   i mean yes him already having a win on Tour is something..  but lets all calm down 

Cameron is having some trouble as of late, one made cut since February.

1548306635_ScreenShot2019-05-25at3_32_19PM.thumb.png.1527049ac9aff28f8a81cdddba5763a0.png

Has a bit of an issue breaking par in the first round, 81 is tough to come back from. 

GettyImages-972296054.jpg

If you've ever wondered what an average PGA Tour or LPGA Tour players' Trackman stats look like, then you're in luck.

Below is a list of PGA Tour averages for every club in the bag. As you can see, the club speed for the average PGA Tour pro is 113 mph with driver. Cameron Champ currently leads the club-head speed charts this season with a 129.72 average.

That average speed is insanity. 

25 minutes ago, jamo said:
GettyImages-972296054.jpg

If you've ever wondered what an average PGA Tour...

That average speed is insanity. 

I wonder if his speed is part of the reason for his struggles? All of his errors are magnified.