IGNORED

Who Has the Smoothest and Most Effortless Swing on LPGA Tour?

golfdu
Note: This thread is 1492 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Their swing speeds are closer to mine than a PGA tour player so it would be wise to follow their lead in rythm and tempo. But i don´t watch LPGA, just a bunch of girls playing with the guys of the youtube channel golfholics.

Edited by p1n9183

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Michelle Wie's I dunno which swing version this is, but when she first got a lot of attention.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I listened to a podcast with the LPGA Commish and one of the things he said was "they'll play the same tees as you, they'll hit the same clubs you hit from the same distances, and they'll beat you by 25 strokes."

It's amazing how "slow" those swings appear to be and far the ball carries from them. Lessons to learn for sure.

Andy - Awful Golfer With Horrible Slice Hoping to find something resembling a correct golf swing in 2019 - Determined not to let my pursuit of better than awful get in the way of enjoying being out on a golf course

WITB:
Ping G400 LST / Orlimar 3W & 4H (circa 2012) / Cobra King F7 One Length Irons (5 - GW) / Top Flite Wedges 52* 56* 60* / Orlimar Putter

My Swing Page

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Chasing_Bogeys said:

I listened to a podcast with the LPGA Commish and one of the things he said was "they'll play the same tees as you, they'll hit the same clubs you hit from the same distances, and they'll beat you by 25 strokes."

And yet… 

A woman is about six strokes worse than a guy. So for them to beat someone by 25 shots, they'd have to be playing a pretty high handicap golfer.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

And yet… 

A woman is about six strokes worse than a guy. So for them to beat someone by 25 shots, they'd have to be playing a pretty high handicap golfer.

Fair point. I don't think he was referring to scratch golfers. His point was that guys that play practice rounds with the women and/or ProAm type events with them are playing the same game yardage wise but, generally speaking, are not playing the same game.

Andy - Awful Golfer With Horrible Slice Hoping to find something resembling a correct golf swing in 2019 - Determined not to let my pursuit of better than awful get in the way of enjoying being out on a golf course

WITB:
Ping G400 LST / Orlimar 3W & 4H (circa 2012) / Cobra King F7 One Length Irons (5 - GW) / Top Flite Wedges 52* 56* 60* / Orlimar Putter

My Swing Page

• Administrator
Just now, Chasing_Bogeys said:

Fair point. I don't think he was referring to scratch golfers. His point was that guys that play practice rounds with the women and/or ProAm type events with them are playing the same game yardage wise but, generally speaking, are not playing the same game.

I know. I just think he could have said "and would beat you pretty soundly" or something without having to throw in the 25 shot deal.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

This swing is pretty smooth. There is a regular speed swing here, just keep playing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

On 1/9/2019 at 3:16 PM, dennyjones said:

I'd love to have any of the swings from the videos posted.   They do look very smooth.

maybe if I wore a skirt? ....   not a chance!

It's called a kilt, laddie, a fookin' kilt.  We dunna wear skirts.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Brian Kuehn

• 2 weeks later...

Latest of Yani Tseng.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

13 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Latest of Yani Tseng.

I always liked her swing. Injuries really set her back after the great stretch she had.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 1 month later...

^ Sung Hyun Park, correct answer! I could easily model my swing after hers.

Overall, I am not sure if the premise that LPGA swings are "smoother" is accurate. I see so many go past parallel in the backswing, or get up on their toes in the downswing. Nasa Hataoka is very smooth in her tempo, but pushes up hard and has both heels in the air at impact. 

Going past parallel doesn't mean it's not smooth. But yeah, i know what you mean and like the men, currently "smoothness" and otherwise aesthetically-pleasing swings seem to be on the decline.  

There's still a few smooth ones out there - Oosty is smoother than anyone.

On 1/16/2019 at 4:52 PM, Chasing_Bogeys said:

It's amazing how "slow" those swings appear to be and far the ball carries from them. Lessons to learn for sure.

It all comes down to "tempo". There's no jumpiness anywhere in the swing. Every part of the swing is carried through to completion. It may look slow, like Ernie Els' Swing, but it's not! Their swings are efficient! My Uncle, who was a country club pro before WWII, advised me to watch the lady pros on TV in the mid 1960's when I was learning the game. He felt that their swings were more "pure" than the men, whose swings were more "idiosyncratic". 

I'll tell you what, this will be my 4th year attending the YSU lady's golf invitational at Mill Creek. There's some mighty impressive golf being played out there. If there's a collegiate golf program playing in your local area, get out there and watch them if you have a chance. Doesn't cost you anything but gas money and refreshments. 

At last years tourney, YSU's #1 golfer went out and shot a 68 on a par 72 golf course. And yes, they play from the men's white tees just like we do. Or should I say like I used to until I moved up to the golds! She then followed that up with a nifty 64 in the second round! 

Note: This thread is 1492 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!