IGNORED

2019 Players Championship

iacas
Note: This thread is 1855 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

31 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Streelman just put it in the water.

DO YOU HONESTLY THINK THAT MAKES ME FEEL ANY BETTER???????

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Fleetwood’s group put on the clock.  Commentator says, “Fewer shots takes less time. There’s no doubt about that.” :hmm:

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

2 hours ago, klineka said:

"Oh he's got to get this one within 10 feet"

Well...FWIW...they said ‘got to’ not ‘should.’ If someone has a 25’ putt to win...you’d say he’s got to make this putt. Not ‘should.’

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

LOL

Consider re-teeing rather than the drop zone?

I did, but I figured I can handle an 80-yard shot and obviously I can’t.

usatsi_12351152-e1552678996460.jpg?w=640

Tiger Woods was on pace for a great round on Friday after shooting 3-under through his first seven holes. Then he stepped on the tee box at No. 17, the famed island green that has wreaked havoc on …

I don't think there are many players who don't have scars from 17.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Copied this from Tony Finau's teacher (I think), hitting right into and over the trees.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

9 hours ago, Yukari said:

Was the option of dropping near the point where the ball entered the hazard on the first shot not available? Or is it a local rule that you have to drop it in the drop zone?

9 hours ago, PeaceFrogg said:

Um, not a local rule, it's the rule: 26-1a and b. You have to go back to the point he ball last crossed the margin of the hazard, so your only options are to either replay the shot or got to the designated drop zone.

9 hours ago, iacas said:

Yellow penalty area.

Golf channel just showed a live demo from the 17th green that based on where Tiger's ball crossed the yellow hazard line and the straight line from the flagstick, he actually could have dropped on the walkway behind the green after his tee shot.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, klineka said:

Golf channel just showed a live demo from the 17th green that based on where Tiger's ball crossed the yellow hazard line and the straight line from the flagstick, he actually could have dropped on the walkway behind the green after his tee shot.

Yeah we just saw that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

There's no way he could have known that, though, really. Unless he was going to walk up to the green and get the exact point it crossed from someone. 

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

There's no way he could have known that, though, really. Unless he was going to walk up to the green and get the exact point it crossed from someone. 

Eh, he could have, just knowing the shape of the green and the walkway.

I don't think that it's a likely thing, but he could have known. And he'll know in the future, as will some others now.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

That's what I thought he could have done.  And that is why I brought it up.

I am surprised neither Tiger of LaCava didn't even consider that option.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Yukari said:

That's what I thought he could have done.  And that is why I brought it up.

That's not what you brought up. You mentioned dropping "near where it crossed.". They'd be dropping well away from where it crossed - on a line back.

11 hours ago, Yukari said:

Was the option of dropping near the point where the ball entered the hazard on the first shot not available?

That option was not an option, no. It's yellow. Not red.

Well J.B. Holmes missed the cut, so today’s rounds should be a lot faster.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Well J.B. Holmes missed the cut, so today’s rounds should be a lot faster.

He's playing with Na.....

😞

Colin P.

Coupla things. First off, Justin Leonard and his little boy haircut. C'mon man.

B) Tiger and the par 5s this week. I just can't.

His putting is just awful. 

Colin P.

4 minutes ago, colin007 said:

B) Tiger and the par 5s this week. I just can't.

His putting is just awful. 

Yeah, just saw his bogey-6 at the second.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

On 3/7/2019 at 11:48 AM, Eric C said:

"So I love the beat and the groove in this piece and it just, like, propels it forward". - said nobody ever of a classical woodwind/string piece.

It's nice and all, but I'm not sure how this is the theme for new audiences loving golf .... maybe older audiences.

Better than a lot of today's computer-made music, autotune, etc.  Some young people like it when musicians are skilled and can play instruments/sing themselves.  

---------

Hopefully Rory can keep this going as he travels down to Georgia.

Edited by ncates00

Note: This thread is 1855 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!