IGNORED

TST Explores GAME Golf

Originally Posted by Dave2512

Why would you wear it anywhere but the golf course? I think it would be pretty tough for me to lose mine. I am touching it 80 something times in a few hours and then it goes right back into the same bag pocket every time.

A discreet way to leave the table at a restaurant to go to the restroom; derived from a 1940's black-and-white film (sorry, cannot recall the name) where an actor literally says it as he leaves a table to see a man at another table about a horse.
"Excuse me, I have to see a man about a horse."

I had to duck into the bushes...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

see a man about a horse

A discreet way to leave the table at a restaurant to go to the restroom; derived from a 1940's black-and-white film (sorry, cannot recall the name) where an actor literally says it as he leaves a table to see a man at another table about a horse.

"Excuse me, I have to see a man about a horse."

I had to duck into the bushes...

Funny never heard that one before. Yeah where we play wide open so...

Dave :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Sprung :-(

Clip flops around not sure it will stay put now. Didn't take much just brushed the rail next to the seat cushion on the cart and that was that.

Sprung

Clip flops around not sure it will stay put now. Didn't take much just brushed the rail next to the seat cushion on the cart and that was that.

Have you contacted GG about it?

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Too late to edit but they responded quickly as usual. Best customer service I have ever experienced. They are sending a new clip. They were quick to send me a replacement driver tag when I lost that too. I needed to contact them anyway somehow lost a tag I didn't think I had used. It's still in the unused tags so not sure what happened. I leave them in the original box so who knows.

I noticed the other day that my distance was not quite accurate. I've never had an issue before but usually play with a full charge, well this time I forgot to charge before my round and I think maybe it had something to do with a low charge.

I noticed the other day that my distance was not quite accurate. I've never had an issue before but usually play with a full charge, well this time I forgot to charge before my round and I think maybe it had something to do with a low charge.

I have noticed this also.  Just this past week the distance from my Garmin Watch and the Game Golf seems to be 10-15 yards different.   I use the watch to measure my drive distance and real time distance to green.   The Garmin showed longest drive of 249 but Game Golf showed 262.  Seems like Game Golf distance has been longer than the Garmin.

I have noticed this also.  Just this past week the distance from my Garmin Watch and the Game Golf seems to be 10-15 yards different.   I use the watch to measure my drive distance and real time distance to green.   The Garmin showed longest drive of 249 but Game Golf showed 262.  Seems like Game Golf distance has been longer than the Garmin.

Same thing here but I haven't measured my drives yet. I used my Garmin watch to see what I needed to hit on the par 3 and the watched said I was 150ish away from the middle, and I hit my shot to the middle almost to the middle maybe 4 yds short, gg says it was only 139 yds, now maybe the Garmin is off but this is the first time I noticed it and the one difference between now and every other time I've used it was my battery was low.

Next time remember the exact location and use google maps to measure it. You probably can get +/- 3 yards using google maps.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I have noticed less accurate approach distances. I'll shoot the flag but gg distance is shorter. The accuracy is frequently off the mark too. I have had shots in the middle of the fairway show up in the rough. I don't know if I need to stand at a touch spot longer...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I have noticed less accurate approach distances. I'll shoot the flag but gg distance is shorter. The accuracy is frequently off the mark too. I have had shots in the middle of the fairway show up in the rough. I don't know if I need to stand at a touch spot longer...

So I took note of your post and this weekend I wrote down all my approach shot distances on my score carer after shooting them with the laser. Game Golf was within 1-3 yards 90% of the time, so who knows. Mine seems to be working fine. The only hole it was off by more than 10 yards was a huge downhill par 3, though I dont think elevation would have too much impact on a gps tracking device. Either way, Im very happy with my game golf unit, and have sold several guys in my regular group to join.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

The only hole it was off by more than 10 yards was a huge downhill par 3, though I don't think elevation would have too much impact on a gps tracking device.

That makes sense. GG was shorter right? If they are just measuring Lat/Long differences and ignoring elevation they will show shorter distances than the laser. What distance did you laser? What did GG say? With that info it is a simple trigonometry problem to guess the elevation change.

The only times my GameGolf yardage has been different than my rangefinder yardage has either been: [list] [*]I wasn't paying attention when I lasered and accidently got the yardage to something behind the flag. [*]GameGolf had my shot originating from closer to the hole than I really was. [/list]

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I didn't read through all 47 pages of this but, I believe it's only good for keeping score and possibly fws and girs.  Some of my rounds it will show me a good distance away from where I actually tagged the shot.  I use it mainly to keep track of scoring, putts, and GIRs.  The club distances are never going to be accurate either cause I could be hitting knock down shots in the wind or whatever.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

I have a loop first around the clip that that the remainder is long enough that I pass the end of the loop through a belt loop, then pass the gamegolf through the loop and then clip to me.  this results in a loop, with one end looped around the clip and the other around belt loop.  If it gets knocked off (especially if I don't notice it), it's just hanging at my side a few inches.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm now a member of the Game Golf community, and excited to test it out.

I won the system as part of a raffle in an industry golf event that I participated in yesterday. Most of the people who were drawn ahead of me must have not realized what it was, because they were picking out $50 Visa gift cards and $20-30 bottles of wine as prizes, while the GG sat there lonely in the back corner of the prize table. Pretty damn good fortune, if I do say so myself.

I'm playing this Sunday, so I'll set it up and post the round once complete.