IGNORED

2015 BMW Championship Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3140 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Jason is going nuts out there! 60 watch!

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Since I started this late, cut-off time is the end of round one.

@bernie

I moved your posts to this thread.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

In light of the Grand Slam argument, if Day shoots 59 over 2 days, is that a "real" 59? Or one with a star?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

[QUOTE name="ccotenj" url="/t/84500/2015-bmw-championship-discussion-thread#post_1201133"] those greens are SO pure... just once, i'd like to putt on greens that good... re: weather... :bugout: [/QUOTE] Maybe the purest greens I have seen all year so far?

they sure look like it on tv... every putt i saw rolled perfectly, and not one player did the "blame the green" motion after missing a putt... those greens would make augusta national envious (prepares for bolt of lightning to strike from above :-P )... i'd probably 4 putt every one of them because of the speed, but i'd sure like to give it a shot... edit: the whole course is immaculate, fwiw... i'll withhold my gripe about "too many short par 4's" until i see the course setup today... ;-) [quote name="nevets88" url="/t/84500/2015-bmw-championship-discussion-thread/18#post_1201344"]In light of the Grand Slam argument, if Day shoots 59 over 2 days, is that a "real" 59? Or one with a star?[/quote] :beer: :-D sadly he didn't do it... he had to "settle" for a lousy 61...

Amazing stuff from Jason Day. The "kid" continues to impress. The ace from Jordan was pretty good, too.

I must say I don't understand the PGA Live thing. I turned it on a minute ago and are they showing the top 3 Jordan, Jason, and Rickie? Nope. We get Bubba and Snedeker.

It seems to me they should be showing the top 3 during the playoffs not the lower ranked players. I don't get their decision making process.

Maybe the purest greens I have seen all year so far?

those greens are SO pure... just once, i'd like to putt on greens that good...

I've have played Conway Farms several times, the course is bent grass tee to green.

The tee boxes putt better than many courses.

It's a great course, looking forward to watching this weekend.

Several years ago, I came really close to winning a new BMW, on the last par 3 if I would have made the ace..........

Club Rat

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Amazing stuff from Jason Day. The "kid" continues to impress. The ace from Jordan was pretty good, too.

I must say I don't understand the PGA Live thing. I turned it on a minute ago and are they showing the top 3 Jordan, Jason, and Rickie? Nope. We get Bubba and Snedeker.

It seems to me they should be showing the top 3 during the playoffs not the lower ranked players. I don't get their decision making process.

They showed them yesterday.  Today is a different batch of stars.

They can't appease everybody, (your Spieth love) and I bet many fans would be upset if they never showed Bubba or Rory.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

Wow. Looks like Rory is on a tear today. It will be a great weekend of golf.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

No kidding!

Jason Day is in a zone.  Unbelievable.  Usually when you shoot a really low round, you typically follow that up with a "ho-hum" round.  But Jason Day just kept the pedal to the metal.

Don

WTF? I'm on tape delay but I just watched that 14th hole and cannot believe the driver off the deck Fowler just hit. Looked like a PW coming into the green. Then, Day gets pin high with an iron from only a little closer. These guys are just crazy good right now.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

[QUOTE name="ccotenj" url="/t/84500/2015-bmw-championship-discussion-thread/18#post_1201376"] sadly he didn't do it... he had to "settle" for a lousy 61...[/QUOTE] what a loser

yea, and followed it up with a crappy 63... i tell ya, that guy deserves to lose his card... :-P [quote name="Club Rat" url="/t/84500/2015-bmw-championship-discussion-thread/18#post_1201486"][QUOTE name="Natural Patrick" url="/t/84500/2015-bmw-championship-discussion-thread/0_50#post_1201157"]   Maybe the purest greens I have seen all year so far? [/QUOTE] [QUOTE name="ccotenj" url="/t/84500/2015-bmw-championship-discussion-thread/0_50#post_1201133"] those greens are SO pure... just once, i'd like to putt on greens that good...  [/QUOTE] I've have played Conway Farms several times, the course is bent grass tee to green. The tee boxes putt better than many courses. It's a great course, looking forward to watching this weekend. Several years ago, I came really close to winning a new BMW, on the last par 3 if I would have made the ace.......... Club Rat [/quote] i am green with envy...

Well after Friday, I guess it's no surprise who won.

Don

He really ran away with this one! Good to see the world ranking top spot go to the best golfer in the world right now.

He made the #1 ranking by his overall consistent and excellent performance over the last 2 years.  per the definition

for the guys with short term memories that only love the latest winner of the latest tournament - hopefully this interlude quiets the whining a bit and it helps then understand why it really does make a bit of sense as it is

looks to me like we have a stackup of a half a dozen BIG time players - maybe more

a couple consistent players that are always in the mix, like Spieth

and some big time 'Rory-like' players that --- when their game is on --- they are amazing  (maybe this "Rory-like" descriptor will be converted to "Jason-like"?)

Bill - 

Note: This thread is 3140 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!