cartertheraptor

What Brand Do You Play? (Irons, Wedges, Putter)

What brand do you play? (Irons,Wedges,Putter  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Irons

• Titleist
    • Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Other

64 posts / 7224 viewsLast Reply

I just recently replaced my ancient Adams Golf wedges with Bombtech wedges. The awful thing is, it has been raining since they arrived.....😭

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Used to be mostly nike for 14 years (Pro Combo Forged).  Now is: Titleist Irons, Callaway Driver. Cleveland and Titleist Wedges, Scotty Cameron Putter, Taylormade Hybrid

Driver: Callaway Rogue draw 9* neutral, stiff shaft

3w: Adams Tight Lies 2 Titanium 13*, stiff shaft

5w or hybrid: still trying to find the right club to fit this gap here.  some spin too much (and thereby carries too far) and some spin too little.  gotta test a bit more.

Hy: Nike Vapor Speed 25*, stiff flex

6i-Pw: Nike VR TW blades (v10 conforming), pjx 6.0 shafts

AW: Nike Covert 2.0 Forged 51* (kept this club from the set I used to play before going back to blades because I made my first hole-in-one with it and it fits my gap well.)

SW: Cleveland RTX 588 56*

LW: Cleveland RTX 588 60*

Putter: Seemore sb1

Ball: Titleist prov1x in yellow.  going to try the Snell mtbx in yellow.

standard size golf tees

Ford Mustang retro gas cap as ball marker

Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour X

Pushcart: Clicgear 2.5+

Game golf

Foresight Gc2, FR1 software, dell desktop, HD projector

Country club elite mat, foresight hitting screen

Superspeed golf sticks and swing speed radar

Nike TW 13 golf shoes (black pair and white pair)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Right now, other:

Utility Iron (2):  Srixon ZU85

3 Iron:  Srixon Z785

4-PW - Srixon Z765

52* - Cleveland RTX4 Mid Bounce

58* - Cleveland RTX4 Full Bounce

Putter - Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 8.5

Though 9 months ago I had Adams irons (XTD Tour), a tour edge hybrid (Exotics EX8), Callaway wedges (Mack Daddy 3s), and still a Cleveland Huntington Beach putter (11).  They all sit in my closet waiting for the day the Srixon's fail me.

On 4/5/2019 at 2:56 PM, SPJr said:

Cobra One Length Irons

Cleveland Wedges

TaylorMade Spider Mini Putter

How do you like the One Length Irons, did they do anything for you?

On 6/22/2019 at 3:45 PM, cooke119 said:

How do you like the One Length Irons, did they do anything for you?

Well, I haven't had much time to play and/or practice this year. I have a back injury and an abundance or wet weather to thank for this.

I've been out maybe 5 or 6 times on the course and about the same for the driving range.

That said, I have seen an improvement in my ball-striking. Whether this is because the one-length irons are helping or because I have made some improvements to my swing, I can't really say. 

I will say that I feel very confident because I know I can replicate the same swing 5-iron through gap wedge. Mentally, it has helped me.

I'm looking to add a one-length 4-hybrid to my set right now. 

Driver: Titleist 917d2 w/ Diamana xstiff shaft  ~270-280 yds 

3 Wood: Ping G30 w/ Matrix Ozik xstiff shaft  ~230-250 yds

4-9 irons: Ping I E1 w/ stiff shafts  ~215 yds for 4 iron down to 150 yds for 9 iron

Wedges: Vokey SM6 (46,52,58 degree)  ~135yds, 120yds, 100yds<

Putter: Either Ping Anser 4 or Scotty Newport Studio Stainless

Ball: Any premium ball I can get my hands on for cheap (ProV1/x, TP5/x, Chromesoft, etc.)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.