IGNORED

2019 PGA Championship

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1808 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

4 minutes ago, famousdavis said:

I doubt if there is anyone on this forum who could beat me at a tough course. 

let's go, here's a tough course - but I warn you, I trained for one of these about 3 years ago and I'm pretty wiry.  And I don't see people staring because usually my vision is clouded over from fatigue and dehydration. It's a skill I've spent a decade mastering that few can equal.

2019-05-20 14_21_24-tough mudder logo png - Google Search.jpg

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm in very good shape for my age.  I doubt there is anyone else in their mid 40's with washboard abs like me.  I do a regular routine of ab exercises at the gym.  I wear a form-fitting Nike shirt that accentuates my physique.  

Of course, being physically fit has helped me win numerous golf tournaments and accolades.  People call me "Champ" at my club.  

I just feel that Dustin kind of gave it up at the end.  He could have won.  

1 minute ago, famousdavis said:

I just feel that Dustin kind of gave it up at the end.  He could have won.  

If only he had an icy cold stare.

Forget the stupid range. I'm going to work on my stare in the mirror this evening. Those guys won't know what hit them tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, famousdavis said:

Even if I'm down 3 holes you aren't in the clear.  I bear down, put on the icy stair and there are few men who do not fall apart. 

Those icy stairs will get ya every time.

fail falling down GIF by Cheezburger

• Like 3

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Whether it be stairs or stare...the effect is the same....it makes people slip and fall. 

There is nothing more satisfying than being 2 or 3 down in match play and then coming back and beating your opponent.  One of my most amazing victories happened in a similar fashion.  I was 3 down to William Tornquist heading into the 15th hole...a devilish 200 yarder over a large hourglass-shaped lake.  Willy hit his shot to the top portion of the green whilst the flag was in front.  He gave a little fist pump and smirked at me.  I gave him my icy stare and he looked a little shell shocked.  I then proceeded to hit one of my best shots of the day, 10 feet from the hole.  William 2-putted but I knocked mine in.  

On the next tee, William said to me "nice shot, Champ".   I simply gave him a receptive nod.  I beat him the rest of the way in and won my 4th club championship.  

William has never been the same after that match.  He finds it hard to even sit at the same table.  He knows I own him. 

29 minutes ago, klineka said:

Those icy stairs will get ya every time.

fail falling down GIF by Cheezburger

Lol ...That's funny

13 minutes ago, famousdavis said:

Whether it be stairs or stare...the effect is the same....it makes people slip and fall. 

There is nothing more satisfying than being 2 or 3 down in match play and then coming back and beating your opponent.  One of my most amazing victories happened in a similar fashion.  I was 3 down to William Tornquist heading into the 15th hole...a devilish 200 yarder over a large hourglass-shaped lake.  Willy hit his shot to the top portion of the green whilst the flag was in front.  He gave a little fist pump and smirked at me.  I gave him my icy stare and he looked a little shell shocked.  I then proceeded to hit one of my best shots of the day, 10 feet from the hole.  William 2-putted but I knocked mine in.  

On the next tee, William said to me "nice shot, Champ".   I simply gave him a receptive nod.  I beat him the rest of the way in and won my 4th club championship.  

William has never been the same after that match.  He finds it hard to even sit at the same table.  He knows I own him. 

Great story.. what happened next ? The alarm go off and wake you up.

Does anyone else get the eerie feeling that Donald Trump has joined this thread?

Edited by chspeed
  • Like 3

I'm simply sharing some of my golf achievements and great matches over the years.  In some ways my accomplishment of winning 5 club championships is greater than Koepka.   Sure, he's won 4 majors but all at different courses.  

19 minutes ago, famousdavis said:

This William Tornquist keeps turning up in your dialogues.  Would you be so kind to supply his email address and/or telephone number so we can verify your veracity?

5 minutes ago, famousdavis said:

I'm simply sharing some of my golf achievements and great matches over the years.  In some ways my accomplishment of winning 5 club championships is greater than Koepka.   Sure, he's won 4 majors but all at different courses.  

Did you win your club championships using PlayStation or XBox?

1 hour ago, famousdavis said:

I don't appreciate that.  I've contributed to very few threads on this fine forum.  The first was about the benefits of Ping Eye 2 irons and now I'm talking about the PGA Championship.  I fail to see how that is disingenuous.  I'm a Club Champion and once played to a scratch.  I doubt if there is anyone on this forum who could beat me at a tough course.  

I have to warn you, though.  I'm a player.  Even if I'm down 3 holes you aren't in the clear.  I bear down, put on the icy stair and there are few men who do not fall apart. 

I hate walking on the icy stair.

It'll be nice to get the course back for the public to play. The pickings around the area aren't all that great. The public ones.

And I'm not counting out any surprises where the construction messed up any of the courses.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

4 hours ago, famousdavis said:

As a 5-time club champion, I understand what it takes to win.  Yes, you can absolutely give it away even if you are not in the lead.  Dustin had the momentum and was closing in on Koepka, who's balls were in his throat.  All Dustin had to do is avoid bogey and he would have won.  I know this to be true. 

I see things in the game that others do not.  Our head greenskeeper is named Tiny.  He's anything but Tiny.  He's probably 450 lbs on a good day.  Nevertheless, Tiny has always said to me "Champ, I notice that you play a different game.  What's your secret?".   

I reply "Tiny, it's the ice cold stare".   

Brooks was clearly lucky you weren’t in the field last week, champ.

• Like 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

30 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Brooks was clearly lucky you weren’t in the field last week, champ.

Surely he would have withered under the icy stair...….or stare.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Sandy Divot said:

Surely he would have withered under the icy stair...….or stare.

Winter is coming.

Oops, wrong thread.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

3 hours ago, famousdavis said:

Did you win 2 more since September?   :-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator

Ignore the obvious off topic troll guys.

7 hours ago, brocks said:

It was from the AP.  Ten years ago or so, on the old Golf Channel board, I used to get into arguments with a guy called Robo about Doug Ferguson, the chief golf reporter for the AP.  Robo was evidently a friend of his, and took it personally when I would complain that Ferguson got his stats wrong in almost every article.  No excuse for that with somebody having the resources of the AP to back him.  I don't think Ferguson wrote this one, but it looks like the AP is still very sloppy on its stats.

At virtually every PGA Tour event, they're given record books and facts sheets, etc. They often don't need to use the resources of the AP, they just use those sheets and books. For example at the Memorial the "history" fact book for the Memorial alone is a few hundred pages.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1808 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!