Jump to content
iacas

2019 FedExCup Playoffs

198 posts / 9896 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

Looks like Tiger is going to make a run at the BMW.  I hope does well and stays healthy.

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

On 8/12/2019 at 10:32 AM, Wally Fairway said:

On a separate note: is it wrong of me to want to see  BDC/JB Holmes pairing sometime this week and watch the grass grow between shots?

Why would it be wrong?  Neither of those two has a problem waiting for the grass to grow to slow down their next putt just a bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Even if he ends up playing all four days, I doubt he'll make it to East Lake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 8/14/2019 at 7:23 AM, Zeph said:

Even if he ends up playing all four days, I doubt he'll make it to East Lake.

Seems like that's correct.  He still has too many amateur level shots that crop up in his rounds.  Today was no different. Some really horrible errors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jay28 said:

Seems like that's correct.  He still has too many amateur level shots that crop up in his rounds.  Today was no different. Some really horrible errors. 

Trolling again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 8/9/2019 at 5:25 PM, ChrisP said:

Wow, did anyone see Grillo give the middle finger at the ball when he missed? What a jerk. That’s something Sergio would do. Lost all respect for him.

 

On 8/10/2019 at 1:03 AM, Zippo said:

I saw it and thought it was childishly disgusting. I hope they assess a healthy fine on him.

I know this is a bit late, but....he literally hurt no one, he didn't damage the course, how is this even a thing??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I give my ball the finger on occasion... hopefully nobody is watching.  The ball deserves it, but it is really my fault.  Sometimes I give myself the finger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sure everyone already came to this conclusion, but I just realized the format change was driven by FedEx.  They are pumping so many dollars into the FedEx Cup, they don’t want to share the spotlight with anyone else.  Eliminating a Tour Champion and just having a FedEx Cup Champion is the plan.

Last year was a disaster for FedEx.  All the focus that day was on Tiger.  Regardless of the FedEx money, last year was almost a “In other news, Justin Rose...”

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes I know I have no idea what Tiger is thinking, but this is what I’ve mentioned before; leaders are at -7. This is no time to be hitting the ball safely on the green and thinking par is a good plan for tomorrow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, colin007 said:

 

I know this is a bit late, but....he literally hurt no one, he didn't damage the course, how is this even a thing??

For me, it's not behavior that I expect to see from a "Tour Pro" playing in front of kids and on air broadcast - hence my "childishly disgusting" comment. I also believe that his behavior violates the PGA Code of Ethics Guidelines, specifically:

"Conduct Unbecoming a Professional

Any Participant deemed guilty of conduct unbecoming a professional while

participating in a Section tournament or in activities related thereto (e.g.

practice rounds, hospitality events, etc.) shall be subject to fine, suspension

and/or permanent disbarment from Section tournament play as provided in

this policy. A fine of $100 shall be levied for the first offense."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Zippo said:

For me, it's not behavior that I expect to see from a "Tour Pro" playing in front of kids and on air broadcast 

For me, seeing a player take 2:20 to hit an 8 foot putt is not behavior that I expect to see from a "Tour Pro" playing in front of kids and on air broadcast.

IMO there are bigger and more important issues with the game right now than worrying about one player giving the ball the middle finger.

Edited by klineka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

16 hours ago, colin007 said:

 

I know this is a bit late, but....he literally hurt no one, he didn't damage the course, how is this even a thing??

To me, it just proves the guy is another Sergio. Flipping middle fingers and acting like a Baby on the course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

To me, it just proves the guy is another Sergio. Flipping middle fingers and acting like a Baby on the course.

IDK, I still see a difference between that and causing actual damage to a green and a tee box/ground. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

16 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I give my ball the finger on occasion... hopefully nobody is watching.  The ball deserves it, but it is really my fault.  Sometimes I give myself the finger.

Actually, I'll routinely give the finger to a tough hole that I play well. You know, like f*ck you, I got you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, iacas said:

Trolling again.

Really?

Watching again today and the same thing is happening.  Gets to -4 and then two really bad errors - approach to 16 and tee shot at 17.  Both shots you'd see regularly at the monthly club medal.  As were the two horrible bunker shots on those holes that were the result of the approaches.

Today should have been a great round for Tiger.  He's played pretty well.  But he's ruined it with the all to common sprinkling or truly awful shots.  

Really don't know why you're so touchy about criticism of Tiger.  He's not at the very top anymore.  Obviously a great career. One of the best of all time, but that time is well and truly over.  I'd actually like to see him get to 18 majors, but that is only going to happen at Augusta.

Edited by Jay28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jay28 said:

Really?

Watching again today and the same thing is happening.  Gets to -4 and then two really bad errors - approach to 16 and tee shot at 17.  Both shots you'd see regularly at the monthly club medal.  As were the two horrible bunker shots on those holes that were the result of the approaches.

Today should have been a great round for Tiger.  He's played pretty well.  But he's ruined it with the all to common sprinkling or truly awful shots.  

Really don't know why you're so touchy about criticism of Tiger.  He's not at the very top anymore.  Obviously a great career. One of the best of all time, but that time is well and truly over.  I'd actually like to see him get to 18 majors, but that is only going to happen at Augusta.

Seems childish to only call out Tiger for mistakes.  Any mishit that any pro does could be seen at a monthly club medal, as you put it; but you only focus on Tiger's?  The courses are hard, he's playing better than 20ish other pros that make up the best in the world, what's the problem?  No pro ever won every tournament they entered, so why is it a big deal if he's made a mistake?  He's hit it into bunkers before in his life, gotten out of them, and won tournaments doing so.  What's so bad about these shots that you have to focus on those compared to any other bad shot that led to dropping a stroke by any other player?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, Jay28 said:

Both shots you'd see regularly at the monthly club medal. As were the two horrible bunker shots on those holes that were the result of the approaches.

@amished said it pretty well, so re-read what he had to say.

3 hours ago, Jay28 said:

Really don't know why you're so touchy about criticism of Tiger.  He's not at the very top anymore.  Obviously a great career. One of the best of all time, but that time is well and truly over.  I'd actually like to see him get to 18 majors, but that is only going to happen at Augusta.

I'm not touchy, I just dislike trolling. "He still has too many amateur level shots that crop up in his rounds.  Today was no different. Some really horrible errors." Stuff like that is either trolling, or you don't know very much about golf, and you seem to enjoy flaunting this.

If it's the latter, well, good luck. If it's just trolling, well, that's equally (but differently) stupid.

You said the stupid shit about "only at Augusta" before, too, completely ignoring the fact that he almost won the British Open last year and finished just behind Koepka at the PGA. And that Watson nearly won the British at 59. It's just dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, amished said:

Seems childish to only call out Tiger for mistakes.  Any mishit that any pro does could be seen at a monthly club medal, as you put it; but you only focus on Tiger's?  The courses are hard, he's playing better than 20ish other pros that make up the best in the world, what's the problem?  No pro ever won every tournament they entered, so why is it a big deal if he's made a mistake?  He's hit it into bunkers before in his life, gotten out of them, and won tournaments doing so.  What's so bad about these shots that you have to focus on those compared to any other bad shot that led to dropping a stroke by any other player?

Pretty simple.  I was replying to a post about Tiger.

I think Tiger has more of the bad shots in him than the very top players, though.  That's the level to judge Tiger by.  Not compared to an average tour pro or even some of the best, but against the very best.

 

38 minutes ago, iacas said:

@amished said it pretty well, so re-read what he had to say.

I'm not touchy, I just dislike trolling. "He still has too many amateur level shots that crop up in his rounds.  Today was no different. Some really horrible errors." Stuff like that is either trolling, or you don't know very much about golf, and you seem to enjoy flaunting this.

If it's the latter, well, good luck. If it's just trolling, well, that's equally (but differently) stupid.

You said the stupid shit about "only at Augusta" before, too, completely ignoring the fact that he almost won the British Open last year and finished just behind Koepka at the PGA. And that Watson nearly won the British at 59. It's just dumb.

Almost winning is not winning. 

Nothing I said is untrue.  He did have some really horrible errors in his round today, same as yesterday.  I see it often in his rounds these days. He just isn't the player he was as is not at the level of a player like Koepke, for example.

 

Edited by Jay28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...