IGNORED

Bryson Takes 2:15 to Miss an Eight Foot Putt

iacas
Note: This thread is 1708 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, imsys0042 said:

I'm playing a drinking game where he says "and then my caddy pulled me away from that putt"

At least you weren't using the word "walk"... you'd die of alcohol poisoning.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

27 minutes ago, krupa said:

At least you weren't using the word "walk"... you'd die of alcohol poisoning.

Yeah..."I walk so fast and hit it so far that it's unfair".   Kind of like "woe is me, I'm so rich it hurts to sit down because my wallet is so fat"

—Adam

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

15 minutes ago, iacas said:

That was a non-apology apology, take back the apology, tell the haters **** you, but I love you, even though you hate me.

All while looking right up his nose....Yup!   I'm a fan!

—Adam

8 hours ago, krupa said:

The commentator on the original video did say "and you wonder why they were put on the clock on the 10th hole." So there was that.  I don't know if a warning was given but if the rules say you get a warning after being put on the clock, then the rule needs to change.  Putting a player on the clock should act as the warning and if the rule is 30-40 seconds to hit a shot, no grown adult should bitch if they're given a penalty after 2 minutes whether they were given a warning or not.

I don't want to unjustly punish players but at the same time, I expect them to take responsibility for their actions which is something BDC is frequently unwilling to do. He has a very common behavior: dance around the edge of rule-breaking, complain/blame others when he's held to account, capitulate and apologize after he gets push-back from the people around him/social media.  Remember that funky putter he tried to use last year? 

I would imagine the reason (or at least A reason) why the warning comes after being put on the clock is because they don't put players on the clock, they put entire groups on the clock.  Consider a scenario where they weren't on the clock but then fell behind because of this incident, which all agree is 100% due to Bryson and his caddie.  The next hole Justin Thomas is in between clubs or has issue with the wind, or Bryson hit from beyond a mound and Justin didn't quite realize when his turn began and he takes 43 seconds to hit his shot.  Does he "deserve" a penalty for that?

Rhetorical question, by the way, I know some might say yes.  I'm just brainstorming why it's probably a good thing to give a warning after the group falls behind.

I kinda wish they kept stats on these things, by the way.  Just how long every players takes to hit every shot, and then we could see where 2:20 for an 8' putt stands.  Is it the worst ever, or this season, or this tournament, and by what factor, or perhaps it doesn't stand out enough and its commonplace?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Bryson spoke on ‘Out of Bounds’ radio with Pat Perez and Michael Collins. Sucks I missed it. I heard the first few minutes...did anybody catch this?

I just downloaded it to my iPhone. Haven’t listened yet. 

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

I kinda wish they kept stats on these things, by the way.  Just how long every players takes to hit every shot, and then we could see where 2:20 for an 8' putt stands.  Is it the worst ever, or this season, or this tournament, and by what factor, or perhaps it doesn't stand out enough and its commonplace?

They have those stats. They just don’t share them.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I don't like the idea of a clock for each shot, because every shot is different.  But what about a chess style clock?  You get some total time to play all of your shots in a round, no matter how many.  You get a penalty stroke at the end of the round for each minute (or two) you go over.  The trick is of course figuring out when to start the clock, since the players will figure out how to game the system.  It probably has to start when they are "in the vicinity" of their ball, close enough to be getting a rough idea of distance and lie.  Obviously this is only going to be possible at the PGA Tour level, but everyone else should be playing ready golf, and keeping up would do the job.  (Yes, I know that isn't real life, but if the tour stops having really slow players, perhaps it trickles down.)

I didn't hear the whole thing yesterday, Perez had obviously had a bit, Collins was trying to be serious.  Bryson was a little right, and a lot wrong (in my opinion), but the big takeaway I got was that the players are using the system.  If they all (or at least one in each group) drag their feet a bit, no one ever gets behind, and no one ever gets put on the clock, and it can take as long as they want.  IF (and I do think there is an if) slow play is of importance to the tour, they need to adjust the rules, and then enforce them.  But, do they really consider it a problem?  The tour is, after all, the players.  If seems to be important to some, but if they really want to stop it, it could end tomorrow.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jlbos83 said:

But, do they really consider it a problem?  The tour is, after all, the players.  If seems to be important to some, but if they really want to stop it, it could end tomorrow.

I don't think they're going to do anything significant until it starts to affect their wallet.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

5 hours ago, iacas said:

I am officially a hater now. I used to think he was a bit quirky and possibly even a breath of fresh air. He refuses to own his problem.

Saying that he walks fast and that there are other slow players doesn't excuse taking 2 and a half minutes to hit a  putt of any length.

What a complete and utter jerk. 

He may as well have said "Hey y'all, I'm richer than you are, so screw you."

Edited by leftybutnotPM
  • Like 1

He’s missing the point entirely. It doesn’t matter if he full on sprints to his ball. He’s taking well over 40 seconds to hit his shot. And he’s making it sound like he’s getting to his ball so much sooner than others. He’s not. Except for common delays, bathroom stops, shoe lace tying, etc. these guys hit their shot and walk to their ball. He’s not doing that any faster by any significance. He’s just being a putz who needs to own up that he’s too slow.

Edited by Vinsk

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

2 hours ago, iacas said:

They have those stats. They just don’t share them.

But how much fun would we have here if they did?!   :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

6 minutes ago, David in FL said:

But how much fun would we have here if they did?!   :-D

Or Kopeka.....

—Adam

On 8/14/2019 at 9:44 PM, Vinsk said:

He’s missing the point entirely. It doesn’t matter if he full on sprints to his ball. He’s taking well over 40 seconds to hit his shot. And he’s making it sound like he’s getting to his ball so much sooner than others. He’s not. Except for common delays, bathroom stops, shoe lace tying, etc. these guys hit their shot and walk to their ball. He’s not doing that any faster by any significance. He’s just being a putz who needs to own up that he’s too slow.

Spot on. He needs to acknowledge he has a problem playing his shots timely and be determined to remedy that, just like Kevin Nah did.

Wow!  Just read about his video regarding his slow play last week. His statement says it all: "So screw all y'all haters, no big deal. I still love you all, even though you hate me."

Passive-aggressive douche.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

19 minutes ago, Yukari said:

Wow!  Just read about his video regarding his slow play last week. His statement says it all: "So screw all y'all haters, no big deal. I still love you all, even though you hate me."

Passive-aggressive douche.

GCLogo.png

With slow play questions following him from New Jersey to Illinois, Bryson DeChambeau had a colorful reply to those still hounding him about a putt he hit a week ago.

The biggest problem with slow play is that the tour doesn't seem to be doing anything, purely because the players are the goose that lays the golden egg.  Until viewers or TV channels start pushing back, they will keep ignoring the issue. 😢

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

On 8/11/2019 at 5:41 AM, saevel25 said:
merlin_159122028_55d5e903-db1c-4b3e-973c

Other golfers had complained about his pace during Friday’s round.

I would disagree. I don’t think you can compare 30-40 seconds to over 2 minutes!!!

Yep. Please do this going forward Thomas. 

“I’m trying to do my absolute best. I’m trying to provide entertainment,

Well, he certainly accomplished that, and managed to alienate the entire tour playing behind him... 😁😂😁

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 1708 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!