IGNORED

2019-20 TST Fantasy Golf

gogolfing
Note: This thread is 1299 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Who is up for some Fantasy Golf?

The 2019-20 season already starts this Thursday. Many of The Sand Trap members have been partaking in Fantasy Golf for over a decade now, and we welcome all TST members to join our robust league. In the past, we have played ESPN, then Yahoo, and The Golf Channel fantasy leagues, and have used the PGA Tour Fantasy site since last season; it is fun, engaging, and does not take a lot of time, and from my experience, keeps me more interested in the PGA Tour throughout the season. And TST League is always one of the more competitive out there.

Essentially, you have to pick six players per week, and have 4 starters and 2 on the bench; the bench is there to sub in in case of missed cut etc....the catch is the season is divided into 4 Segments, and you only get to use a player 3 times per segment, so some roster management is needed. For example, even if you only put a player in your roster for a single round, it uses up one of the 3 starts for that player for the segment. Points are awarded in each round for each player for a multitude of factors (see link to the rules at the end of this post). 

To join, you must first go to https://www.pgatour.com/fantasy.html and create a Team.

Once you have done this, you go to the fantasy golf to the right tab, and choose the red "Fantasy Golf". Then,  you can join the TST Fantasy Golf league by following these steps:

Join my league in PGA TOUR Fantasy #PGATOURfantasy Golf 

League URL: https://fantasygolf.pgatour.com/api/v6/pgaroster/og/object/leagues/id/22988

League Name: TST Fantasy Golf

The password is: thesandtrap

When you sign up, I also highly recommend that you sign up for the roster alerts, which lets you know if you have not filled your roster before the deadline, and then also alerts you if a player has missed a cut, WD etc. If you miss a week, you can still play along, but it is hard to catch up.

Description: PGA TOUR Fantasy allows you to show off your knowledge of the sport by picking a team of 6 PGA TOUR Professionals (4 Starters, 2 Bench). Scoring is live and exclusive using PGA TOUR Shotlink and based on player performance on the course. Play with your friends in a private group or test your skills in one of our public groups. Whether you want to play for prizes, glory or bragging rights PGA TOUR Fantasy is the only live fantasy game where the outcome of each shot matters.

Official Rules: https://fantasygolf.pgatour.com/#/roster/rules 

@Club Rat @Aces Wild @Warren Zevon @mildee @Northwoods88 @coachjimsc @Wally Fairway @Shindig @boogielicious @Bill Fusion @golfguide @DaveP043 @Alanpe @djfajt71 @bruce  @Antneye @smdillon @Ballgame59 @vijofrech 

If you are already a member of the League from last year, no need to join again....just set your roster and our League stays there....I have tagged everyone here who was in last year, or posted in the 2018-19 thread and showed some interest. Spread the word and invite other TST members and see if we can get our numbers up.

Good luck to all. 

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Yep.  I still haven't figured out what the scoring was last season on this format, but I'm going to set my players each week anyway.

I miss the ESPN best ball fantasy format. :-( 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas pinned this topic

Just signed up again, after missing last year

• Like 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

On 9/6/2019 at 10:20 PM, Shindig said:

Yep.  I still haven't figured out what the scoring was last season on this format, but I'm going to set my players each week anyway.

I miss the ESPN best ball fantasy format. :-( 

Glad you're on board @Shindig...but ESPN? We haven't used that in over a decade 😉

4 days to get a roster in.....it'd be great to have some new blood in the pool.....good group and it keeps you on top of the PGA season.

I'm certainly not "new blood" but I'm in.

Thanks for putting this together @gogolfing. It does keep me interested in some of these lesser events.

• Like 1

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

I'm going to pass on this. I've never had the attention span to do fantasy sports. Thanks for setting it up though.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 9/9/2019 at 4:26 AM, gogolfing said:

4 days to get a roster in.....it'd be great to have some new blood in the pool.....good group and it keeps you on top of the PGA season.

this is my first time doing this actually! so I'm really excited, idk how good you guys are but it'll be interesting :)

I'm in

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

Season starts tomorrow....not too late for anyone to join. 

7 hours ago, Antneye said:

I'm back and ready to defend my aborted title run.  Hope my Gmail notifications don't let me down again.  I coulda' been somebody!

Good luck.....heard people blame Google for a lot of things, but a new one here 😉 and not sure how you defend an "aborted run"???

On 9/7/2019 at 12:20 AM, Shindig said:

I'm going to set my players each week anyway.

How in the world did you come up with Stuart Applebee this week ???  :hmm:

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

5 hours ago, Club Rat said:

How in the world did you come up with Stuart Applebee this week ???  :hmm:

I seem to recall he's had success at this course in the past.  Plus, I once saw him at a tournament.  My friend and I told him we were rooting for him and he said he hopes we have a good time then.

Wait, I just checked... how did I end up with a player who isn't entered??

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

7 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Well so much for having a good year, I only have 2 guys who are going to make the cut

At least my selection of Stuart Appleby didn't miss the cut! ;-) 

I also have two who made it. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Damn, I actually won this week.  Guess it helps to pick the winner.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Note: This thread is 1299 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!