IGNORED

Wildlife on the Golf Course

iacas

I've seen gators in South Carolina and Louisiana.

Bobcat and silver fox in Texas.

Lots of deer.  Also Elk in Nevada (Carson City area)

Wild Turkey.

A friend of mine hit a Beaver with his drive, accidentally of course. I was a low line drive, nailed the beaver in the head and it fell in the water. He thought he killed it, but as they drove by, it was climbing our of the water shaking it off.

Luis

7 hours ago, Maroon88 said:

Bobcat and silver fox in Texas.

My friend’s course in NH has a resident bobcat on the third hole. Sometimes she is on the tee and other times near the green. 

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_6504.jpeg

I mean it’s nothing much to see deer on the course. But for opening weekend for hunting and seeing an 8pt on city property is cool. He knew where to be. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, leezer99 said:

image.thumb.png.1588122fe031c501ce2b49e7d48931ae.png

WTF? They just left the face like that? What happened to the rest of the skull, or the… Huh? I have so many questions.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

WTF? They just left the face like that? What happened to the rest of the skull, or the… Huh? I have so many questions.

Yes, questions abound....no sign of blood or debris field?  Looks like a mask sitting on the ground.

On 10/30/2023 at 4:41 PM, famousdavis said:

I normally carry a pellet gun with me to the golf course.  I find it helpful to get rid of squirrels, ducks, mud hens and other animals that annoy me while I'm on the course.  

What kind of range on the pellet gun?  Can it reach out 150-250 yards to encourage a slow group ahead to get moving?

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

22 minutes ago, StuM said:

Yes, questions abound....no sign of blood or debris field?  Looks like a mask sitting on the ground.

What kind of range on the pellet gun?  Can it reach out 150-250 yards to encourage a slow group ahead to get moving?

@famousdavis has been put in a timeout for his juvenile trolling.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 2 weeks later...

Dangerous playing off the red tees in Africa 🐍😲 #offthedeckgolf #snake #africa #golf #golftiktok...

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

1 hour ago, woodzie264 said:

Dangerous playing off the red tees in Africa 🐍😲 #offthedeckgolf #snake #africa #golf #golftiktok...

Whoa!

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

The most interesting wildlife we have on our course that you wouldn't see on normal courses is land crabs.  A large part of the course is built on previous paddy land (they used to grow rice there).  Over time they have increased the mud, improved the drainage and with some chemicals and fertiliser, the crabs have reduced, but they still exist, albeit in much smaller numbers than before.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

• 2 weeks later...

Hanging out on #18….IMG_4743.thumb.jpeg.05ebe6c462360de27cafbf7ca42d3396.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• 3 months later...

An ambitious beaver was on the course some time between November and March. I have yet to see one, just their handiwork.

Beaver.jpg

• Upvote 1

Brian Kuehn

• Administrator

Ha. Timber!

IMG_3433.jpeg

I guess I forgot to post this from my Hilton Head trip last year. I almost walked into these guys. I was looking into the pond as I was walking around the bunker to check for gators in the water, then happened to look up as I approached the corner.

I walked back around the long way 😃

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread