IGNORED

Bryson DeChambeau - Bulking, Testing, Winning?

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kids his age drink a case of beer, sleep two hours, hit a water park where they eat hot dogs and nachos, blow up fireworks in their hands, and cap the event off with a bottle of Tequila. BDC incr

Grammar - The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

Agreed. Now, after I type this post, I'm going to take 3-6 minutes off to go to the bathroom. You probably won't recognize me when I get back. I'm going to come back as a completely different per

Posted Images

19 hours ago, billchao said:

Bryson is apparently cutting now.

Nice catch. Wonder what he'll end up being happy with. A guy with his frame that he's built and being 6'1 I would think somewhere around 210 give or take would be really lean and athletic looking for him.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2021 at 11:36 PM, billchao said:

Bryson is apparently cutting now.

I don't understand how the spectacle has come to an end. He's cutting to get rid of some excessive fat, but wish to retain the strength. If anything, he will go from a little pudgy look to a more defined look. And that doesn't mean he's stopping the training. The spectacle is not that Bryson has gained weight, it's that he's become stronger and is hitting the ball a mile, which he will continue to do. It's quite normal for someone who has gained weight from strength training to accumulate some extra fat and cut at some point to get rid of it.

“I've cut down a little bit. I'm trying to lean out and retain strength,” DeChambeau said. “I'm trying to look better than look a little pudgy. I don't want to look that way anymore.”

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zeph said:

I don't understand how the spectacle has come to an end. He's cutting to get rid of some excessive fat, but wish to retain the strength. If anything, he will go from a little pudgy look to a more defined look.

Yup.  This may cause the nattering nabobs to natter even more, because, if he cuts while retaining muscle mass, he'll look even more "ripped" than he does now.

4 hours ago, SEMI_Duffer said:

This may cause the nattering nabobs to natter even more

Excellent phrase!

Flash from the past! 23 years ago John Daly attempts to drive Bay Hill no.6. Ends up with an 18! He wouldn't give up! Read all about it here

john-daly-18.jpg

Long before Bryson DeChambeau thought about driving the lake at Bay Hill, John Daly put his stamp on history with an all-time blow-up on the hole.

17 hours ago, Zeph said:

I don't understand how the spectacle has come to an end.

I wouldn’t think too much about a click-baity title. It’s just how a lot of articles are written these days.

Anything Bryson does that goes against the grain is considered a spectacle.

I will say this, it's only a matter of time when this violent swing takes it's toll on him. Look at Tiger and the back problems he has had. I really enjoy watching BD, and root for him, but something will give out, a knee, back, shoulder, etc, in time.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Billy Z said:

I will say this, it's only a matter of time when this violent swing takes it's toll on him. Look at Tiger and the back problems he has had. I really enjoy watching BD, and root for him, but something will give out, a knee, back, shoulder, etc, in time.

Maybe.

Let’s beware of small sample sizes.

• Like 1

I would say that Bryson doesn't swing like Tiger. So, I have no clue if he will be more injury prone or less injury prone. 

I do think at some point he should tone it down. 

3 hours ago, Billy Z said:

"In time" we all break down somewhat. He's trying to be the best he can be right now, I don't see this as a long term thing. He also has a good team around him, this has been years in the making of getting his body prepared to swing like this.

I have a buddy who does long drive and he just took 3 months off the give his CNS a break. Says that when he's going fast, especially in competition, he's almost on the verge of blacking out, heart rate gets super high. That might be more of a concern for Bryson than hurting a particular body part because of how amped up he has to get to take the governors off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mvmac said:

"In time" we all break down somewhat. He's trying to be the best he can be right now, I don't see this as a long term thing. He also has a good team around him, this has been years in the making of getting his body prepared to swing like this.

I agree here. I think that Bryson going through a cut is just the natural process that happens when you put on size. In my opinion, if he leans down, he will "look" bigger than he is now. I believe he sees his window to be the best and he is doing everything to make that happen "now." Going through a cut and shedding some of the fat may even allow him to reach greater swing speeds.  Bryson is a smart guy. I think he tones it down when it's time to tone it down.

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Steve... the link references your Zire account, which is private.

Sorry. Try this link

This made me laugh so hard. 
6EA4ADD6-1099-4A9E-B30A-A8CFD0181EDE.jpeg

When I saw Bryson on the range - sorry - Practice Facilty with Vijay, a minute ago I at first thought it was another player having a joke imitating Bryson. :-)