IGNORED

LIV Golf (Saudi PIF), "Mergers," and More

iacas

21 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

This is my main reasoning.  As someone who was in Manhattan on that dreadful morning and was directly impacted, the ppl and governments behind those attacks are certainly never going to get any support from me which is intended to increase their financial circumstance.  

And, are there atrocities going on around the world?  Certainly; history has shown us, and we continue to see, that left to their own devices, people can be very evil towards one another in pursuit of their objectives.  But as a populous, if we live in society, it demands making choices with our resources.  And since most of us don't have unlimited resources, we have to choose how to budget and allocate those resources.  So, are there be ppl who are being exploited working in other countries making items for us to consume, obviously.  But, we live in a consumerism society, and finding and buying items produced by ppl who haven't been exploited at any level of production costs time and more money and is a privileged position which I'd presume, in an absolute, is unachievable by most ppl, at least not without a significant transformation in our society.

You are wise beyond your years. Young Grasshopper. 

• Like 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

You are wise beyond your years. Young Grasshopper. 

We try and say something of merit every once in a while. 😂

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

• Administrator
6 hours ago, weberd27 said:

My prediction will be that the LIV player lawsuits won't come until one of the major championships says no thanks to LIV players.

Why? None of the majors are run by the PGA Tour.

And, for example, the Masters is an invitational.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

db6e2910-fa20-11ec-baef-84fe4f30d00e

Justin Thomas said he would have more respect for golfers who were honest about why they joined the LIV.

Just  curious. If the  PGA announced  the  players would  be  playing  for  free from now  on would  Saint Justin show  up to play?

Im pretty  sure  he  is  playing  for  big  prize  money and super  big endorsement  money.

Same dumb schtick since joining.

5 minutes ago, jxdama said:

Justin Thomas said he would have more respect for golfers who were honest about why they joined the LIV.

Just  curious. If the  PGA announced  the  players would  be  playing  for  free from now  on would  Saint Justin show  up to play?

Im pretty  sure  he  is  playing  for  big  prize  money and super  big endorsement  money.

Pretty poor logic here. JT continues to play with the PGA TOUR for less money than what is being paid on the LIV GOLF TOUR. And he’s pretty clear and truthful why he’s stayed with the PGA TOUR while the LIV guys have served up nothing but bullshit as to why they left. 

• Thumbs Up 2

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

2 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Pretty poor logic here. JT continues to play with the PGA TOUR for less money than what is being paid on the LIV GOLF TOUR. And he’s pretty clear and truthful why he’s stayed with the PGA TOUR while the LIV guys have served up nothing but bullshit as to why they left. 

My point is he is playing for money, not for fun.

Same dumb schtick since joining.

14 minutes ago, jxdama said:

Agreeing with @Vinsk, this is terrible logic. Given what the others are getting paid, JT would make a lot more with LIV…clearly the money, while important for everyone, is not his priority. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

9 minutes ago, jxdama said:
12 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

You don't think he has fun?

3 minutes ago, jxdama said:

No one is playing just for fun on Tour...obviously it's their job.  But they guys on Tour who have turned down massive paydays from LIV are playing for something else on Tour where there is history, legacy, premier competition, and a place to make their own mark on that.  It's possible to do both.  The guys who left for LIV have quoted a lot of things that don't hold up under a little scrutiny as to why they left.  JTs original statement was pretty clear in what he was actually saying

-Eric

52 minutes ago, jxdama said:

I have quite a lot of fun at my job, just as I hope Justin does at his.

There's even a sizable portion of my job where I sometimes pinch myself and can hardly believe I'm getting paid to do something I enjoy so much. 

But I'd find something else to do with my days if I weren't getting paid.

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

2 hours ago, Friz said:
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2020%2F1112%2Fr774952_1

Paul Casey, the longtime tour player who currently is ranked 26th in the world, has joined LIV Golf and is...

Another broken middle-aged one solidifying retirement 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Dang, I thought Paul Casey had some left in the tank.  Oh well, I wish him a frustrating retirement.

• Funny 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

2 hours ago, Shindig said:

Dang, I thought Paul Casey had some left in the tank.  Oh well, I wish him a frustrating retirement.

Probably won’t be too frustrating with all the money he receives.

20 hours ago, iacas said:

Why? None of the majors are run by the PGA Tour.

And, for example, the Masters is an invitational.

I do understand that three of the majors are not run by the PGA tour, but the PGA championship is run by the PGA of America.  It was my understanding that anyone suspended would have issue with being a PGA of America member (which they get through the tour) unless they join through other means.  If the USGA or the R&A takes issue with LIV golf, then I would expect them to do something next year with the US Open and The Open. or perhaps many of the LIV golfers just don't qualify unless they are past champions.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, weberd27 said:

I do understand that three of the majors are not run by the PGA tour, but the PGA championship is run by the PGA of America.  It was my understanding that anyone suspended would have issue with being a PGA of America member (which they get through the tour) unless they join through other means.  If the USGA or the R&A takes issue with LIV golf, then I would expect them to do something next year with the US Open and The Open. or perhaps many of the LIV golfers just don't qualify unless they are past champions.

The PGA of America and PGA Tour have been separate entities for, give or take, forty years. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

I watched a bit of the LIV golf, with former official tour celebrities, in Portland.  From what I saw it is typical TV golf with a bit of interest with the teams.  For the most part just a bunch of guys hitting good and bad shots.  The only thing that stood out to me was a missed eagle putt by DeChambeau.  His reaction to a completely meaningless missed putt was so contrived.  Hopefully acting lessons are provided along with their paycheck.  Only thing missing was an opponent running out and breaking a chair over his back.

Which does bring up the point that some people will watch anything; and LIV golf is most likely is not going anywhere.  If tournament fees are fairly inexpensive and the beer is cheap, people will attend.  From what I've read it was sold out.  Regardless of whether the players are over-the-hill, they still have a draw.  People are also fickle and don't care that much about atrocities that didn't impact them personally; especially as time goes on.  There is so much partisan hate in this country, there is hardly any room left for anything else.

The one part I think is of vital importance is not putting LIV results in the OWGR.  Greg Norman's plan is to attract enough ranked players to make a case for strength of field.  But attracting a field and abiding by requirements necessary to be recognized in the rankings are 2 different things.  If not, maybe those Skins Games results should have counted.  Without the rankings, participation in the majors will eventually end for most of the LIV players.

The Ryder Cup will be an interesting dilemma.  I foresee that it would be possible to have LIV players on the European team.  If that does happen, I'd just shut it down from the US side.  The Ryder Cup isn't that big a deal in the US, but stopping it would be a real blow across the pond; especially after a record setting loss.  I don't think it has fallen to the lows of the Davis Cup in tennis, but...

I would hope that the PGA Tour will withstand lawsuits based on clauses included in their membership requirements.

The bottom line is that everything LIV is doing is the farthest thing from growing the game.

John

Edited by 70sSanO

18 hours ago, jxdama said:

Repeating your "point" doesn't improve it.  MY point is that he didn't take a big bunch of money from some of the worst people on the planet as a bribe to try to make themselves seem less horrible than they actually are.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only