IGNORED

Share Something Positive From This COVID-19 Mess

snapfade
Note: This thread is 1231 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, iacas said:

If I somehow were to get COVID-19 and lose my sense of taste… the only upside in the whole thing might be that I could finally eat pretty damn healthy.

That’d be the silver lining, perhaps.

I think my sense of taste is the sense I’d choose to lose first if I HAD to lose a sense, but man, would that suck. I love to eat foods for the taste.

I'd agree about losing the sense of taste first but I don't eat for taste (most of the time).  I usually eat because it's necessary.   Of course there are exceptions around the holidays.  

One of the things that we've started during the Covid stay in place, puzzles.   We have bought 5 1k piece White Mountain puzzles and opened the dining room table to its full length.   Sometimes it's additive.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After 10 years of being on the road and spending 3-4 nights a month in a hotel room, I have been home for dinner with my family and slept in my own bed almost every night for the past 9 months. 

I have managed to create a home fitness routine that is keeping me in reasonable shape, but saving me a ton of time that used to be spent driving to and from the gym.

In keeping with the above, I am saving $150 month on gym membership

I am going to the driving range more, which has inspired me to develop a more dedicated and focused golf practice plan. Results TBD....

I've gotten to spend way more time with my family and don't have to commute!

Golf-wise, my wife went to the Golf Digest top 100 teachers and found one that offered video lessons and had good reviews and got me a set of 8 lessons over 4-6 months for my birthday (in June). I got a net for the back yard and have practiced more in the past 6 months than I have in the past 6 years. And practiced with better purpose than I ever have. Swing looks totally different and feels way better. Some really big changes though so still in the process of translating that into better ball striking, but it's on the way!

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

1 hour ago, BigRedAl99 said:

My club reports a 50% increase in rounds played over last year. 
Must be all the 'working from home'.

You know, we've all worked our brains on this site to come up with an idea to bring more people back to golf or to get more to begin playing.  Nobody came up with the idea of a pandemic.

17 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

You know, we've all worked our brains on this site to come up with an idea to bring more people back to golf or to get more to begin playing.  Nobody came up with the idea of a pandemic.

It's like it went viral ...

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

On 12/7/2020 at 8:06 PM, mdl said:

I've gotten to spend way more time with my family and don't have to commute!

Golf-wise, my wife went to the Golf Digest top 100 teachers and found one that offered video lessons and had good reviews and got me a set of 8 lessons over 4-6 months for my birthday (in June). I got a net for the back yard and have practiced more in the past 6 months than I have in the past 6 years. And practiced with better purpose than I ever have. Swing looks totally different and feels way better. Some really big changes though so still in the process of translating that into better ball striking, but it's on the way!

Just curious. Who's the teacher? 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

On 12/7/2020 at 2:25 PM, boogielicious said:

Kale is actually green sandpaper. You don’t need to taste it. You can feel it is awful.

I actually like Kale.  Am I the only one???

Maybe I lost my sense of taste already.  🤣

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

51 minutes ago, Yukari said:

I actually like Kale.  Am I the only one???

I enjoy kale, raw and cooked. My favorite way is dinosaur kale on pizza, but I like well prepared kale salad too.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Travel spending down. Avoided lot of lame social gatherings. Kids have been great with the restrictions. I sense a general maturity and social awareness in them at a level that I would not have expected yet. Even at their tender age understand better to not take what we have have for granted anymore. 

Yeah, just like lot of posts have mentioned here who would have thunk of a pandemic, of all crisis, to be a great teacher.

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

Note: This thread is 1231 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!