IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

3 hours ago, billchao said:

I’m no legal expert

Ok, cheers.

4 hours ago, iacas said:
EOPAQZ4M3BEJNDD4BU3SK4EHM4.png&w=1440

The drug, molnupiravir, could be the first oral antiviral medication for covid-19.

This won't help to keep increasing vaccination rates, but it'll be funny to see people who wouldn't get the (fully approved) "experimental" vaccine rushing to get the EUA pill. 😛

Also, halving the rate isn't zeroing out the rate.

I got my booster shot two days ago, Thursday. I didn't sleep well that night (or the night before) so my Friday was a bit of a slog, but I feel fine today. I blame the lack of sleep more than anything, as I was already starting to feel not great Thursday morning, and I worked all day Thursday before sleeping only about three hours Thursday night.

Heard about it on the radio driving. That's seems promising.

Vishal S.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

... but still not as good as the vaccine.  But beats the hell out of ivermectin.

Yeah, agreed on both counts. At least a chance of recourse once you get it.

Vishal S.

On 9/29/2021 at 8:55 PM, boogielicious said:

Unless you are a Christian Scientist who has always maintained avoidance of medical treatment, you are just blowing smoke.

It's BS in that case too: "The church does not require that Christian Scientists avoid all medical care—adherents use dentists, optometrists, obstetricians, physicians for broken bones, and vaccination when required by law"

1 minute ago, chspeed said:

It's BS in that case too: "The church does not require that Christian Scientists avoid all medical care—adherents use dentists, optometrists, obstetricians, physicians for broken bones, and vaccination when required by law"

Thanks for clarifying.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

The only context I can understand is if the religion had a history of restricting what they put in their body (I.e. Mormons and alcohol). In that way, it’s a long time practice of the faith. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

7 hours ago, iacas said:
EOPAQZ4M3BEJNDD4BU3SK4EHM4.png&w=1440

The drug, molnupiravir, could be the first oral antiviral medication for covid-19.

This won't help to keep increasing vaccination rates, but it'll be funny to see people who wouldn't get the (fully approved) "experimental" vaccine rushing to get the EUA pill. 😛

Also, halving the rate isn't zeroing out the rate.

I got my booster shot two days ago, Thursday. I didn't sleep well that night (or the night before) so my Friday was a bit of a slog, but I feel fine today. I blame the lack of sleep more than anything, as I was already starting to feel not great Thursday morning, and I worked all day Thursday before sleeping only about three hours Thursday night.

What happens after you get your booster shot? Is it booster shots every 6 months from now on?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

52 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

What happens after you get your booster shot? Is it booster shots every 6 months from now on?

I think Governor Hochul has you signed up for the 1 every 3 months program.  Just kidding.  I think over time we'll know how often a booster is needed.  It could be 6 months or 2 years.  Science and testing will determine that.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

... but still not as good as the vaccine.  But beats the hell out of ivermectin.

Yep. Still not as good as the vaccine.

52 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

It could be 6 months or 2 years.  Science and testing will determine that.

Many get flu shots every year. They could just be rolled into that, too. You could get a COVID/Flu shot each year, perhaps.

Whatever. My wife got her flu shot and her COVID booster shot on Friday afternoon. I got my flu shot last week, and my COVID booster this Thursday morning.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

17 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Ok, cheers.

I’m not sure what to make of this response. Are you dismissing my response because of my preface?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Is it just me, or does something seem ironic (or maybe completely non-ironic) that the release of the movie No Time To Die was postponed due to a pandemic?

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

Is it just me, or does something seem ironic (or maybe completely non-ironic) that the release of the movie No Time To Die was postponed due to a pandemic?

Good point. 😄

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Some hopeful news for Monday Morning....quotes from NYT article below.

"Worldwide, cases have also dropped more than 30 percent since late August."

“We’ve ascribed far too much human authority over the virus,”

"The recent declines, for example, have occurred even as millions of American children have again crowded into school buildings."

"The number of Americans hospitalized with Covid has fallen about 25 percent since Sept. 1. Daily deaths — which typically change direction a few weeks after cases and hospitalizations — have fallen 10 percent since Sept. 20. It is the first sustained decline in deaths since the early summer."

"Covid also isn’t going to disappear anytime soon. It will continue to circulate for years, many scientists believe. But the vaccines can transform Covid into a manageable disease, not so different from a flu or common cold. In the past few weeks, the country appears to have moved closer to that less grim future.

Whatever this autumn brings, the worst of the pandemic is almost certainly behind us."

Edited by Wanzo

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

3 hours ago, Wanzo said:

Some hopeful news for Monday Morning....quotes from NYT article below.

"Worldwide, cases have also dropped more than 30 percent since late August."

“We’ve ascribed far too much human authority over the virus,”

"The recent declines, for example, have occurred even as millions of American children have again crowded into school buildings."

"The number of Americans hospitalized with Covid has fallen about 25 percent since Sept. 1. Daily deaths — which typically change direction a few weeks after cases and hospitalizations — have fallen 10 percent since Sept. 20. It is the first sustained decline in deaths since the early summer."

"Covid also isn’t going to disappear anytime soon. It will continue to circulate for years, many scientists believe. But the vaccines can transform Covid into a manageable disease, not so different from a flu or common cold. In the past few weeks, the country appears to have moved closer to that less grim future.

Whatever this autumn brings, the worst of the pandemic is almost certainly behind us."

That sounds hopeful, but we need more time to see if the trend continues. What certainly is true is if everyone got vaccinated and wore masks until it dropped very low, we would be over it sooner.

Scott

My Swing Thread

On 10/3/2021 at 8:52 AM, billchao said:

Are you dismissing my response because of my preface?

No, I intended to quote your entire post. I was on the soccer field watching my son play and deleted the 2nd part of your post unintentionally.

TBH, I do not want to get into any further discourse on law/legality of vaccination. I haven't researched (don't care to) and I am probably missing a lot of nuance to carry out an informed conversation. Just doesn't interest me as from my perspective it should not require enforcement via law in the first place.  

Vishal S.

On 10/3/2021 at 9:36 PM, Missouri Swede said:

It could have gone on to Die Another Day, oh well, You Only Live Twice. The virus certainly had a Licence to Kill, what can you do, Live and Let Die and just watch the Skyfall.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

31 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

It could have gone on to Die Another Day, oh well, You Only Live Twice. The virus certainly had a Licence to Kill, what can you do, Live and Let Die and just watch the Skyfall.

chicago fire GIF by NBC

Scott

My Swing Thread