• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Novak Djokovic has his visa revoked for entry into Australia for their Open. Filled with mirth, I am. Eff him.

Me too.

John Gruber at Daring Fireball occasionally posts something like this and about how the Mayo Clinic fired 700 of their 73,000 workers with the line "More like this, please."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Novak Djokovic has his visa revoked for entry into Australia for their Open. Filled with mirth, I am. Eff him.

25 million Australians share your viewpoint. :-)

What really sucked was that the pathetic, sycophantic Tennis Australia leadership came up with this BS "robust" process where he was given an exemption based on a supposedly blind evaluation by two bodies. That caused instant outrage earlier yesterday. But of course, when he arrived last night it was Border Security saying "Er.... hang on mate. You're not vaccinated and you have no proof of a legitimate reason for entry. So you can F right off". Great stuff. :-)

Edited by Shorty

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

10 hours ago, colin007 said:

Talk like Yoda, you do!😀 I’m glad too. Anti-vaxxers are the problem now. They are extending this pandemic. I have zero sympathy for them.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
ca_covid_molecule_102821_getty.jpg

A recent study by Resia Pretorius and her team at Stellenbosch University in South Africa suggests that long COVID-19 may be triggered by microclots.

She thinks "long COVID" might be a result of micro clots.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It still peeves me that the US Open allowed nonvaxxed to play while requiring spectators to be fully vaxxed last year. So what happens at the FO, French gov't, Macron "piss off unvaxxed", is going to do the same as Australian gov't. It looks like the exemption at Wimbledon will hold for now. Will the US Open in 2022 change its policy? To be it looks like dude has to get vaxxed if he wants to play.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

8 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

It still peeves me that the US Open allowed nonvaxxed to play while requiring spectators to be fully vaxxed last year. So what happens at the FO, French gov't, Macron "piss off unvaxxed", is going to do the same as Australian gov't. It looks like the exemption at Wimbledon will hold for now. Will the US Open in 2022 change its policy? To be it looks like dude has to get vaxxed if he wants to play.

Totally agree.  Otherwise i hear Antonio Brown can get you a fake vaccination card...

3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

On 1/5/2022 at 9:02 PM, Shorty said:

25 million Australians share your viewpoint. :-)

What really sucked was that the pathetic, sycophantic Tennis Australia leadership came up with this BS "robust" process where he was given an exemption based on a supposedly blind evaluation by two bodies. That caused instant outrage earlier yesterday. But of course, when he arrived last night it was Border Security saying "Er.... hang on mate. You're not vaccinated and you have no proof of a legitimate reason for entry. So you can F right off". Great stuff. :-)

Australia has my respects. Way to go. 

Vishal S.

• Administrator
baylor-vaccine_pr-6083_wide-8b31d0eed8d7

Peter Hotez and Maria Elena Bottazzi used an oldie-but- goodie technology to devise a vaccine that's easy to make — and relatively cheap. India has already ordered 300 million doses.

A friend of mine thinks that if the COVID vaccine was a pill, we'd see much higher vaccination rates and that a lot of people make up other reasons to not get vaccinated because they're actually just afraid of needles.

I'm pretty sure I've said that before.

• Administrator

image.png

I guess it was inevitable the way omicron is spreading, but my household has Covid-19.

A kid in my daughters 2nd grade class had it and was at school Monday-Wednesday last week. They were out sick Thursday/Friday, and then got a confirmed positive PCR test sometime on Friday. But because of some reason, the school could not communicate the illness to the impacted class until the confirmed positive test, so we had an email notification of our child's prolonged exposure on Friday night that we did not see until Saturday morning. But of course, since we didn't know, and didn't have symptoms at the time, we didn't isolate ourselves and maybe risked further spread to our family and friends.

Bot kids came down with symptoms Sunday night. Sunday morning, I played golf with my usual group, then when I got home, we had an open air ice skating birthday hangout for my daughter with 3 friends all from class, all wearing masks (except for pizza/cupcakes). Then sometime between dinner and bedtime, my daughter started coughing and sniffling, which progressed to coughing throughout the night. At 2am Monday morning, my son woke us up crying that he couldn't breathe with terrible croup, so off to the emergency room to get oral steroids (he always gets bad croup with a cold, so we usually have a prescription for oral prednisone on hand, but we didn't this time). While being seen by the doctor in the ER, I asked for a Covid-19 test which we found out this morning was positive (although we kind of already knew). By late Monday morning, my wife and I had both developed symptoms.

Luckily my wife and I are fully vaccinated with boosters, so we have very mild cases, just slightly worse than a bad cold. Kids are a worse off, but none of the ickier symptoms like body aches, fever/chills, and shortness of breath. Just cough, congestion, headache, and fatigue.

Our small house feels a lot smaller with four of us quarantining for at least 5 days per CDC and kids' school district, and I have to stay home from work for 14 days, regardless of future negative tests or lack of symptoms. I guess if this is our Covid-19 experience, it's a relatively good one comparatively, but it's not fun, even with the mild version. Too tired to hit golf balls in the back yard, but my Xbox and Nintendo Switch are getting a lot of play now, so at least there's that.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

25 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

I guess it was inevitable the way omicron is spreading, but my household has Covid-19.

A kid in my daughters 2nd grade class had it and was at school Monday-Wednesday last week. They were out sick Thursday/Friday, and then got a confirmed positive PCR test sometime on Friday. But because of some reason, the school could not communicate the illness to the impacted class until the confirmed positive test, so we had an email notification of our child's prolonged exposure on Friday night that we did not see until Saturday morning. But of course, since we didn't know, and didn't have symptoms at the time, we didn't isolate ourselves and maybe risked further spread to our family and friends.

Bot kids came down with symptoms Sunday night. Sunday morning, I played golf with my usual group, then when I got home, we had an open air ice skating birthday hangout for my daughter with 3 friends all from class, all wearing masks (except for pizza/cupcakes). Then sometime between dinner and bedtime, my daughter started coughing and sniffling, which progressed to coughing throughout the night. At 2am Monday morning, my son woke us up crying that he couldn't breathe with terrible croup, so off to the emergency room to get oral steroids (he always gets bad croup with a cold, so we usually have a prescription for oral prednisone on hand, but we didn't this time). While being seen by the doctor in the ER, I asked for a Covid-19 test which we found out this morning was positive (although we kind of already knew). By late Monday morning, my wife and I had both developed symptoms.

Luckily my wife and I are fully vaccinated with boosters, so we have very mild cases, just slightly worse than a bad cold. Kids are a worse off, but none of the ickier symptoms like body aches, fever/chills, and shortness of breath. Just cough, congestion, headache, and fatigue.

Our small house feels a lot smaller with four of us quarantining for at least 5 days per CDC and kids' school district, and I have to stay home from work for 14 days, regardless of future negative tests or lack of symptoms. I guess if this is our Covid-19 experience, it's a relatively good one comparatively, but it's not fun, even with the mild version. Too tired to hit golf balls in the back yard, but my Xbox and Nintendo Switch are getting a lot of play now, so at least there's that.

Sorry to hear the news, @Darkfrog  Here's hoping y'all heal quickly without long term effects. 

5 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

Ah, buddy. I feel for you. 
I'll be sure to include you in some prayers if you are okay with that. 

Otherwise, hang in there, man.

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

@Darkfrog, hope you all get well soon!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave