IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

5 hours ago, Elmer said:

1st shot of Pfizer is in  the books.

Had to drive 2 hours to Plattsburgh, but it is what it is!

Where you at? I'm in Albany

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Seriously, I hope there's an anti-mask person someplace on this forum who can explain to me how wearing a mask will "make people sick"? 

I did a quick Google, and apparently some doctor said that if you wear a mask for long enough, day after day, without washing it, it could collect enough crud to make you sick.  So its obviously the mask, not the person wearing the mask, that's the problem.  

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

5 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Where you at? I'm in Albany

I work in Albany, live just 20 min north

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I did a quick Google, and apparently some doctor said that if you wear a mask for long enough, day after day, without washing it, it could collect enough crud to make you sick.  So its obviously the mask, not the person wearing the mask, that's the problem.  

Yes, wash your masks, people. I should wash mine more often, but… yeah. I still wash them pretty often.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Yes, wash your masks, people. I should wash mine more often, but… yeah. I still wash them pretty often.

I have a reminder on my phone to change my mask every two days...  and change my swing keys every one day...

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

I have 3
The one I am wore  yesterday, the one I will wear tomorrow and the one I am wearing.
One is always in today's wash!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

15 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Lol, do these people wash their socks and underwear?

We have a bunch of reusable masks, and we wash them after each significant use. We also have disposable surgical masks, which we toss after each use.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

19 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

My wife lets me know when the mask crud factor hits.

😷

This might be a good time to mention that it has been a very light flu season:

• Flu season has been mild this year, thanks to the mitigation measures used to contain COVID-19, such as physical distancing and mask wearing.
  • School and office closures also contributed to the unusually inactive flu season.
  • The mitigation measures curbed influenza activity even though COVID-19 surged.
  • Flu_Shot_Sign_Mask_732x549-thumbnail.jpg

Flu season has been mild this year, thanks to the measures used to contain COVID-19, such as mask wearing, physical distancing, and school closures.

Man of the Year in Michigan 

3 hours ago, Elmer said:

I have 3
The one I am wore  yesterday, the one I will wear tomorrow and the one I am wearing.
One is always in today's wash!

I literally have like a dozen. I'm a wear them once and then wash them guy. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Both of these sites suggest that the virus may not live long on fabrics, generally speaking:

Coronavirus (COVID-19): Frequently Asked Questions | Johns Hopkins Medicine

Coronavirus and Surfaces: How Long Does COVID-19 Live on Surfaces? (webmd.com)

We were rarely out and about around people in situations that were as hazardous as many had to be since we were fortunate enough not to have to be. I changed my mask as it got visibly dirty (or after sneezes!) but I don't think I ever thought about it carrying virus from one wearing until the next several days later. In any event, I agree that it's probably better to error on the side of caution.

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Both of these sites suggest that the virus may not live long on fabrics, generally speaking:

Coronavirus (COVID-19): Frequently Asked Questions | Johns Hopkins Medicine

Coronavirus and Surfaces: How Long Does COVID-19 Live on Surfaces? (webmd.com)

We were rarely out and about around people in situations that were as hazardous as many had to be since we were fortunate enough not to have to be. I changed my mask as it got visibly dirty (or after sneezes!) but I don't think I ever thought about it carrying virus from one wearing until the next several days later. In any event, I agree that it's probably better to error on the side of caution.

We've known the virus doesn't last long on surfaces for about eight months now. I think when people talk about tgetting sick from dirty masks they're talking about bacteria, etc. Not COVID-19.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

11 minutes ago, iacas said:

We've known the virus doesn't last long on surfaces for about eight months now. I think when people talk about tgetting sick from dirty masks they're talking about bacteria, etc. Not COVID-19.

Gotcha. Thanks

I recall the movie Contagion had a similar plot to the actual COVID 19 pandemic. Have we considered that maybe Gwyneth Paltrow is to blame for all this?

MV5BMTY3MDk5MDc3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzAy

Directed by Steven Soderbergh. With Matt Damon, Kate Winslet, Jude Law, Gwyneth Paltrow. Healthcare professionals, government officials and everyday people find themselves in...

It is uncanny how this has been predicted.

One issue we are having in my state is the vaccine roll out. It has been slow and disorganized. The governor for some reason went away from the system that was in place and handed it out to private firms. The website has had numerous issues. it is frustrating. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Each time I go in some place, when I come back out I spray both sides of my mask with disinfectant, then spray my hands, and rub them together.

It tugs on my heart that 3500 healthcare workers (a figure I heard yesterday/tried to factcheck) have died from COVID, when they did not have to.  Worldwide, it appears the figure is 17,000.

&, yes, the Pandemic was predicted, and there was a playbook:

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/sites/default/files/microsites/ostp/NSTC/towards_epidemic_prediction-federal_efforts_and_opportunities.pdf

Edited by Ole Duffer

Man of the Year in Michigan 

I read 35,000 died from C19 in nursing homes in NY & Michigan. Read it, don't know if it is accurate? 

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

• Administrator
106852520-1615468225991-gettyimages-1231

Pfizer said its Covid-19 vaccine blocked 94% of asymptomatic infections in an Israeli study – a result CEO Albert Bourla called "extremely important."

Pfizer said Thursday its Covid-19 vaccine blocked 94% of asymptomatic infections in an Israeli study – a result CEO Albert Bourla called “extremely important.”

The study, which measured results two weeks after the second dose, also found the vaccine was at least 97% effective against symptomatic Covid cases, hospitalizations and deaths, according to Pfizer, which developed the shot with BioNTech.

I regularly wash cotton masks and replace the pm 2.5 or whatever insert after a couple of uses. KN95 I'll put in the oven at 175 for a bit if I reuse. Usually I double mask if I can, KN95 inside, cotton outside. I don't hang masks off the car rear view mirror, put them in the glove compartment or a closed bag.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.