IGNORED

30-Day (Was COVID) Practice Plan Challenge - April 1-30 2020

Note:Β This thread is 776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Good point. I feel it more in my left index finger as if I press down. This flattens the shaft at transition and helps me swing out a bit more from the top. If I throttle, I tend to swing more down and then can hook it.

Index finger is a good trigger for it, too. I tendedΒ to feel it more towards the pinky side of my left hand when I was doing it which resulted in supination of the wrist in addition to flexion, thus hooding the club.

Bill

β€œBy three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 4 done (this morning) due to major around the shop chore work yesterday.Β  All I can say is man did this open my eyes, going from the top of the swing to A6 I saw how much I am casting the club (muscle memory).Β  Good thing - the shop door faces east so it casts my shadow nicely (almost as good as a mirror).Β  Here's day 4 mistakes and all...

Β 

Ping G400 SFT 10degΒ  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

This might be the first time I have ever recorded my swing in landscape mode on my phone. I should probably record all my FO swings like this so the clubhead isn't cut off.

Love this drill. I do it a lot in practice. It's kind of my "B" swing when I'm out on the course and not striking the ball well.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bill

β€œBy three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

On 4/4/2020 at 7:42 AM, iacas said:

Awesome! So great to hear. Wow. I'll take, if you don't mind, 5% of the credit there. So glad for you, and the work you put in.

As someone who has been a high level athlete (Olympic hopeful in 1992) and coach, I have always credited my coaches as performance does not happen in a vacuum. Instead of 5%, I’ll give you β€œmissing link” credit. While about 5% in volume, its value is much more.

Day 4 complete. I didn’t have much trouble with this one, it seems I was palmer flexing pretty well before this.

Day 5

I did day's 1 and 4 before going onto day 5. I just wanted to refresh.

Β 

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

Day 5 drill. This is one I work on a lot. I’m doing it now with driver for my Evolvr lesson. My core/hip turn tends to stall at times. I did this for about 20 minutes with 6 iron and driver. Below are the 6 iron.

Β 

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 4Β  Β These were actual swings.

Grip

1826427719_8iP1grip.JPG.cefcc1938862f039688bc13d79fb7c05.JPG

P4

36068884_8idtlP4.JPG.4607754a6643895bd7d0316a6f5f714a.JPG

P6

730414704_8iP6Dtl.JPG.1bbf032fd8e40a9ff1515d7144ced8a5.JPG

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway:Β GBBΒ Epic SpeedΒ 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3WΒ :callaway:Β Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:Β  Epic FlashΒ 21Β deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway:Β Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping:Β G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges:Β :ping:Β Glide 58 deg
Putter:Β :bettinardi:Β ArmlockΒ Β :aimpoint:Β Express
Β :titleist:Β golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Day 5

I need to do this drill a ton. Unfortunately I feel some pain in my back when I do them. 😞

Β 

Β 

Jim Morgan

Day 5. I've done this drill before with my instructor and I like it.Β 

Β 

Driver:Β :callaway:Β Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:Β Β :cobra:Β Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons:Β :tmade:Β P770 (4-PW)
Wedges:Β :callaway:Β MD3 50Β  Β MD5 54 58Β degreeΒ Β 
Putter:Β :odyssey:Β  White Hot RX #1
Ball:Β :srixon:Β Z Star XV

• Administrator

@coachjimsc:

00Jim.jpg

Compare, say… where your hips are versus mine?

Yours actually back up when you swing down.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Dug out my net and mat yesterday but had to set it up outside. I haven't done the video thing before but that was a real eye opener for sure, my grip and club face look ok but I appear to have a real issue flattening out my shoulders too much. I did days 1 through 4 on videoΒ but don't know how to edit and post my vids so will work at is I continue. I don't have an ipad so am using my new phone but can't seem to get the vids small enough to email to my computer (not much good with this stuff)Β I am still able to get a lot of help from this and I thank you for that. Will go back out when it's warmer later and probably redo all the days.Β 

48 minutes ago, SteveH said:

I did days 1 through 4 on videoΒ but don't know how to edit and post my vids so will work at is I continue. I don't have an ipad so am using my new phone but can't seem to get the vids small enough to email to my computer

You can upload your videos to YouTube after editing them on your phone, or if you want them on your computer, you can connect your phone to your computer via usb and transfer the files that way.

Bill

My Swing Thread

Day 5 - admittedly wasn’t giving the club head as much attention as I should’ve, but was really trying to focus on pulling with the left hip...
just edited down to last rep

Β 

Β 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Driver:Β :callaway:Β Rogue STΒ Β / Β Woods:Β :tmade:Β Stealth 5W /Β Hybrid:Β :tmade:Β Stealth 25* /Β Irons: :ping:Β i500’s /Β Β Wedges:Β :edel:Β 54*, 58*;Β Putter:Β :scotty_cameron:Β Futura 5 Β Ball:Β image.pngΒ Vero X1

Β 

Β -Jonny

1 hour ago, iacas said:

@coachjimsc:

00Jim.jpg

Compare, say… where your hips are versus mine?

Yours actually back up when you swing down.

Better?

Jim Morgan

• Administrator

Yeah.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Thank you for doing these Erik. They are very helpful.

Day 5 is one I need to work on as stalling hips is a huge flaw of mine. I was going to video today, but it started raining so I chose not to, but did the drill with my whole shag bag and a 6 iron.

I found that if I concentrated on my hips I didn't do as well as if I concentrated on slamming on the brakes on the follow through. When I did that the contact felt really good and I found that I rotated up onto my back foot toes well. In my normal swing I frequently only get onto the ball of my rear foot.Β 

Later on I hit a shag bag with these drill and my LW and felt like I made good contact most of the time,Β although my distance control was not great. I noticed that it felt like the toe dug into the ground a bit.Β  IDK if this is my swing or my clubs not being fitted properly.

Β 

Edited by The Flush

War Eagle!

Note:Β This thread is 776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!