IGNORED

Kyle Berkshire Making Us All Look Silly

Vinsk

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Kyle Birkshire Making Us All Look Silly
  • Administrator

Is he blading it on purpose, or is that on the club face, or…?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

14 minutes ago, iacas said:

Is he blading it on purpose, or is that on the club face, or…?

How do you suppose he was hitting a lob wedge 260?

• Administrator

By blading it, but it's not like you can say specifically in the video. You could also just catch it really low on the face, but that's not "blading it." Spin would probably be crazy high though.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I feel like I can hit a sand wedge 260 yards, but only from a greenside bunker when I really need to get up and down.

I'm kidding (it'd only go 150 yards in that circumstance) ;-)  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• 3 years later...

62K likes, 813 comments - kyleberkshire on October 12, 2023: "🚨NEW WORLD RECORD DRIVE!! (579.63 yds)🚨 Had...

Oh my.

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Meh.. I could easily get there in three. 💪

He said he would expect a 440 carry, 460-480 total without the tailwind and elevation. Nuts still.

Vishal S.

I could probably beat that with no tail wind and at sea level... by teeing off on a well-maintained airport runway and getting that complimentary 300+ yards of expected roll out. 🤣

• Funny 1

30 miles tail wind, downhill, grass hard as rock, elevation over sea and countless of balls to hit that shot. Of course, he is probably the only guy that can achieve that, but to be fair with other contenders the record should only count in tournament conditions, with course and weather conditions in a range that is not that extreme. 
Similar to the 100 meters sprint. If the wind is over a fixed miles and hour the record is not valid. 

Nevertheless, amazing achievement..  

Damn. Tough crowd.image.gif.4a1945434ae23e73f9c2de68033820c7.gif

Where do these guys come from? Okay, Maryland, but I mean how does someone focus so much on getting an other-worldly swing speed? 

I wonder how well he plays a regulation course. He was a -3.0 index long ago (2016). Does he even play golf?

Brian Kuehn

3 hours ago, bkuehn1952 said:

Where do these guys come from? Okay, Maryland, but I mean how does someone focus so much on getting an other-worldly swing speed? 

I wonder how well he plays a regulation course. He was a -3.0 index long ago (2016). Does he even play golf?

He’s a good stick. Several YouTube videos of him playing.

He does course vlogs on his YouTube channel, at least he used to. They’re long and unless you enjoy vlog content, not particularly interesting, but he’s a good player, and obviously hits it really far so the lines of play he takes are kind of cool to see. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

18 hours ago, bkuehn1952 said:

IIRC, Kyle was a college golfer who always just hit the ball ridiculously far and ended up pursuing that over playing because he was more talented in long drive than golf.

He takes about it in a video I watched a few years ago and I don’t remember which one it is now.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

22 hours ago, p1n9183 said:

30 miles tail wind, downhill, grass hard as rock, elevation over sea and countless of balls to hit that shot. Of course, he is probably the only guy that can achieve that, but to be fair with other contenders the record should only count in tournament conditions, with course and weather conditions in a range that is not that extreme. 
Similar to the 100 meters sprint. If the wind is over a fixed miles and hour the record is not valid. 

"Tournament conditions" meaning what exactly? Like golf tournament conditions? Long drive tournament conditions? In a regulation 18 hole round of golf?

Who gets to define what "extreme weather conditions" are?

Who is going to define what the maximum firmness of the fairway is?

Also if you're going to point out all of those conditions, don't forget to point out the fact that he did it in 55-57 degree temperatures. Of course you point out all the things that helped him but ignored the things (temperature, rain, over estimating the wind which was actually 17-22mph not 30mph) that didn't help him.

I hate the fact that we've largely turned into a "yeah, but..." society especially on social media. Why can't society as a whole (specifically those who consume this specific piece of golf content) just accept the remarkable feat for what it is and move on?

All the variables were explained, it's not like he tried to deceive people on purpose and claimed that he did this into a headwind at sea level or something.

23 hours ago, Carl3 said:

I could probably beat that with no tail wind and at sea level... by teeing off on a well-maintained airport runway and getting that complimentary 300+ yards of expected roll out. 🤣

That assumes you (or me) would be able to keep it on the runway :whistle:

Edited by klineka

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• iacas changed the title to Kyle Berkshire Making Us All Look Silly