IGNORED

TST Takes on Sand Valley, WI (July 18-23, 2021)

cipher
Note: This thread is 989 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

Fill it in and be done with it. Bring some soil from Sand Valley for the last scoop you use to fill in that hole.

Sounds like you’re throwing good money after bad.

That is a SERIOUS consideration. If it wasn't for Emma, that would be the plan for sure. It's not completely off the table yet. I could build me a sim room in that spot...haha.

• Like 1

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, TN94z said:

I know, I know. This pool is going to cost me about 18k to repair though.

Oohh, my sympathies. That's a gut punch. See you in another outing. I am sure there will be more.

• Like 1

Vishal S.

• iacas changed the title to Possible 2021 TST Golf Trip to Sand Valley, Wi (Tentatively July 17-24)
  • Administrator

I updated the first post and the title, a little, and here's my current understanding of the list.

Playing:

1. @cipher
  2. @iacas
  3. @DeadMan
  4. @GolfLug
  5. @DaveP043
  6. @Slim_Pivot
  7. @Hardspoon
  8. @klineka
  9. @criley4way
  10. @jsgolfer
  11. @ChetlovesMer
  12. open
  13. open
  14. open
  15. open
  16. open

Rat Scoundrels We Might Let Back In if they Change Their Minds Again:

1. @mvmac
  2. @TN94z

I think 12 is a good number, so while I have spaces out to 16, I think internally both Nate and I are liking 12. Or 8, but 12 is better, IMO, and I hope we can stay at 12 or so.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just to confirm, I'm still in.  I'll miss seeing @mvmac and meeting @TN94z , but occasionally real life (or better offers) get in the way.  

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

(edited)
15 hours ago, mvmac said:

Sorry to say that I'm out for Sand Valley. Just got invited to an am event at Bend Golf Club.

Thanks for trying to make it happen Mike.  Hope you have a great time at the tournament!

5 hours ago, TN94z said:

I am going to have to bow out as well. The estimates I am getting to repair my pool aren't looking good and I will need every dime I can gather. Replacing all of the concrete is not going to be cheap....sorry guys. 

Sorry to hear it, that is a tough break.  

Edited by cipher

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Not ready to be added to any list yet, but I did just catch up on the thread and my interest is piqued.  @cipher, just curious, is it at all feasible to do the 5th day if you're flying through Minneapolis?  Cursory glance gives me nonstop options through MN but more expensive and longer trip options to MIL.  But if they are in complete opposite directions, then maybe that just won't work.

The courses all look amazing too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Golfingdad said:

Not ready to be added to any list yet, but I did just catch up on the thread and my interest is piqued.  @cipher, just curious, is it at all feasible to do the 5th day if you're flying through Minneapolis?  Cursory glance gives me nonstop options through MN but more expensive and longer trip options to MIL.  But if they are in complete opposite directions, then maybe that just won't work.

The courses all look amazing too.

That would be tough but not impossible.  Might requite flying out on the 6th day.  From Lawsonia Links it would be a 4 hour drive back to MSP airport.  

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

• iacas changed the title to 2021 TST Golf Trip to Sand Valley, Wi (Tentatively ~ July 19-22)
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

I've talked a bit with @cipher and I think we're going to look to go with twelve golfers.

Playing:

1. @cipher
  2. @iacas
  3. @DeadMan
  4. @GolfLug
  5. @DaveP043
  6. @Slim_Pivot
  7. @Hardspoon
  8. @klineka
  9. @criley4way
  10. @jsgolfer
  11. @ChetlovesMer
  12. open

1. @mvmac
  2. @TN94z

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

10 hours ago, iacas said:

I've talked a bit with @cipher and I think we're going to look to go with twelve golfers.

Playing:

1. @cipher
  2. @iacas
  3. @DeadMan
  4. @GolfLug
  5. @DaveP043
  6. @Slim_Pivot
  7. @Hardspoon
  8. @klineka
  9. @criley4way
  10. @jsgolfer
  11. @ChetlovesMer
  12. open

1. @mvmac
  2. @TN94z

Waiting on my pool quote to come in this week, but I foresee it killing my golf trip budget.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

11 hours ago, iacas said:

Playing:

1. @cipher
  2. @iacas
  3. @DeadMan
  4. @GolfLug
  5. @DaveP043
  6. @Slim_Pivot
  7. @Hardspoon
  8. @klineka
  9. @criley4way
  10. @ChetlovesMer
  11. open
  12. open

1. @mvmac
  2. @TN94z
  3. @jsgolfer

I'm going to have to be added to the Rat Scoundrel list, I got invited to play in the Rhode Island CC Member-Guest

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

1 minute ago, jsgolfer said:

I'm going to have to be added to the Rat Scoundrel list, I got invited to play in the Rhode Island CC Member-Guest

Me too, my wife and I are in the process of looking for/making offers for a new house so we are keeping as much cash free as we can right now. Plus I started a new job back in Jan which has 5 less vacation days than my previous role.

Updated list

1. @cipher
  2. @iacas
  3. @DeadMan
  4. @GolfLug
  5. @DaveP043
  6. @Slim_Pivot
  7. @Hardspoon
  8. @criley4way
  9. @ChetlovesMer
  10. open
  11. open
  12. open

1. @mvmac
  2. @TN94z
  3. @jsgolfer
  4. @klineka

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Sheesh, people are dropping like flies. We don't smell that bad...

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

7 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

:-D:-D:-D It's not about the smell I promise! Our original plan was to start looking for a house late summer/early fall so I thought I would have been fine for the trip but then the new job came with a pretty good salary increase so we were able to start looking for a house earlier in the year plus the loss of 5 PTO days didn't help my case either.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• Administrator

Increased salary and scaling back on golf doesn’t make sense. 🙂

• Like 2

6 hours ago, iacas said:

Increased salary and scaling back on golf doesn’t make sense. 🙂

Completely counter-intuitive.   

But this leads me to ask, are the dates definitive enough that I should really start thinking about booking flights?  

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

9 hours ago, DeadMan said:

That de-escalated quickly...  Well, I'm not dropping out.😉

Nate

10 hours ago, klineka said:

:-D:-D:-D It's not about the smell I promise!

So you’re saying I smell?!?!?

5 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

But this leads me to ask, are the dates definitive enough that I should really start thinking about booking flights?  

Most (maybe all?) airlines are still allowing free changes and refunds. So it might not be a bad idea to jump on a cheap flight if you see one. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

5 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Yes, if you are able to find cheap flights you could do so at this time.  

Nate

Note: This thread is 989 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!