IGNORED

2021 Masters

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll give a free TST towel to the first person who names the winner (full name, not just last name) and the correct winning score in relation to par. Only one entry per person, and your first ent

The most important part of the Masters Tournament has just been decided.  I'm there for the lobster & corn fritters, miso-marinated sea bass and the peach cobbler.

Liver, fava beans and a nice chianti.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

Doesn't Zalatoris use a long putter with an arm-lock grip?

yes, good point.  It's arm lock, but with claw grip so wasn't sure how to classify that, I went with claw

I love that the broadcast is available to stream on the Masters site. Don't have to remember to DVR, can watch it from anywhere pretty much.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can't stop thinking about this picture. I was today years old when I found out that the Butler Cabin interviews were done in what amounts to a TV studio in the basement. 

h_2018040729155.jpg

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Who were the woeful "longs"?  Adam Scott, Bernhardt Langer?  Who else?

Well...Langer is an anchorer with an asterisk.😉

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Another thing that came out of watching this year, I don't watch as much golf as I used to anymore, is what are these companies I've never heard of. PEGA. slync.io, UKG, etc... It just reminded me of all those companies whose complex and boring software you have to work with and those training courses that make you go ZZZZZzzz in 3... 2... 1...

I wonder if any of these pro golfers know what supply chain management remotely is, other than not doing anything controversial for a big paycheck.

From ziregolf

ziregolf_172124635_636634457184362_1228608207240342518_n(1).jpg

• Like 1

(edited)

What a piece of sh*t. Hands up if you give a crap what type of golf ball Gary Player uses.

I wish I'd started a thread where I said I thought it would be "cool" to know what ball Player uses and did anyone know.

Seriously, contrast that with that beautiful moment with Matsuyama's caddy.

“The only thought from that point was that it would be cool for fans to know what ball my dad was teeing off with. That’s where it ends. If I’ve hurt people’s feelings then I’m truly sorry and hope they will forgive me.”

Edited by Shorty
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Just a dude walking with his jacket. Nothing to see here. Move on.

ziregolf_172045637_296213168526569_4611677833903487434_n.jpg

ziregolf_171139747_453138549254349_9144530627060290781_n.jpg

I thought I heard somewhere that the green jackets stay on site at Augusta...is that not the case? I thought that was a weird rule, but just assumed it was true

• Administrator
1 minute ago, woodzie264 said:

I thought I heard somewhere that the green jackets stay on site at Augusta...is that not the case? I thought that was a weird rule, but just assumed it was true

Not for the champion (until the next Masters).

• Upvote 1
  • Informative 1

Just now, Shorty said:

What a piece of sh*t. Hands up if you give a crap what type of golf ball Gary Player uses.

I wish I'd started a thread where I said I thought it would be "cool" to know what ball Player uses and did anyone know.

“The only thought from that point was that it would be cool for fans to know what ball my dad was teeing off with. That’s where it ends. If I’ve hurt people’s feelings then I’m truly sorry and hope they will forgive me.”

I'd rather not see Gary there too. He isn't a good ambassador for the game, and despite his wins, shouldn't be taking a starter role IMO.

What Wayne did is a disgrace that will be seen in almost every image of Lee Elder from this monumental moment. It really is a shame.

8 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

I'd rather not see Gary there too. He isn't a good ambassador for the game, and despite his wins, shouldn't be taking a starter role IMO.

I honestly don’t know much about the guy (other than that he seems to be full of himself), but this little stunt is in obviously poor taste. He also came off like an ignorant curmudgeon on his tree rant during Tiger’s Payne Valley match interview.  I’m usually a big fan of tradition, but I honestly wouldn’t miss him if they cut him from the opening ceremony. I don’t see where his presence adds anything. 

1 hour ago, Shorty said:

The apple doesn’t fall too far from the tree:

• Thanks 1

Gary Player has spent the last 40 years (at least) trying to convince everyone (including himself) that he is part of a holy trinity of golf" Player, Palmer, Nicklaus.

He is a complete liar, f***wit and cheat.

Even his exercise regime was lampooned by Nicklaus as a lie.