IGNORED

2021 Genesis Invitational

StuM
Note: This thread is 1169 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

She just wouldn't let that comment go.   She went on and on to the point I became irritated by her comments.   The broadcast is very boring

They seem to be only following three groups for most part too.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hopefully, it will become a bit less boring as we get to Sunday. I also think the announcing is atrocious. And, as @boogieliciouscommented, I'm also tired of the "ocean effect" and hearing how "the greens are firming up". On the other hand - maybe the announcers are as bored as some of us are with the current play (with the exception of Sam Burns who will probably blow it on Saturday).

28 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Weather delay?? Are the balls moving on the greens?

Yes, if they mowed the greens this morning then the person who made that call should be taken to the woodshed.

50 minutes ago, Carl3 said:

Yes, if they mowed the greens this morning then the person who made that call should be taken to the woodshed.

Somebody got a little ‘ Oakmonted’ on the brain. Agree. Woodshed ‘em.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

It doesn't look that windy.

I remember showing up to an Open Competition up from Galway at Connemmara where it was allegedly Gale Force 9.  I forced my way into the Pro Shop and asked, "The tournament is cancelled, right" and I hear behind me a petite women say, "What kindo man r ye....I played 18 and am going out again".  Standing was a challenge during gusts.

I remember the wind was so bad on the old course at ballybunion that a playing partner hit a popup into the wind on 18.  The ball went out 50-60 yards and the wind hit the ball, it landed behind us.  Our mouths were open.  The caddy did not miss a beat.  "That's nothing, when it really blows that one would have been in the water"  (add Irish Brogue and smell of liquor for full effect)

• Funny 1

22 hours ago, dennyjones said:

She just wouldn't let that comment go.   She went on and on to the point I became irritated by her comments.   The broadcast is very boring

As long as she doesn't discourse on round square feet again...

this is nuts!

• Funny 3

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

10 minutes ago, Rippy_72 said:

I remember the wind was so bad

On a windy day in Ireland, our caddy said "usually thee putt would break to the right!
But with wind blowing the way it is, your guess is as good as mine ..."

• Like 1

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

I always loved playing in the very strong winds coming off the Great Lakes in spring and Fall. Easy money too if you are playing someone who can't hit a knockdown or get the concept of hitting irons with as little spin as possible. I have seen balls move on the green from wind, but what I saw on TV at Riviera was crazy, Guys ball ended up 10 yards off the green.........

1 hour ago, Yukari said:

this is nuts!

That is some crazy wind. 

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Could be one of the most painful tournaments to watch, ever, on TV.  Burns is not slow, rather, constipated to excess.  When will they be put on the clock?  This sets an incredibly bad example to all players that slow play is necessary and required.  Pathetic.  Put them on the clock.

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

Has DJ put on weight?

It’s from all those free Pimento Cheese Sandwiches he won at The Masters.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

DJ and Burns tanked pitch shots on 10! 

Scott

My Swing Thread

17 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

DJ and Burns tanked pitch shots on 10! 

Love when pros do something relatable.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

3 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

Love when pros do something relatable.

Germans have a word for that....schadenfreude.....pleasure seeing the failures of others, but I think particularly from the high and mighty.   I did not see DJ's shot being anything other than very difficult.  The rough was very juicy,  Lie was bad.  Some trees.  A crapshoot.  He is done

Note: This thread is 1169 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!