IGNORED

Jon Rahm Forced to WD From Memorial Tournament After a Positive COVID-19 Test

ShawnSum
Note: This thread is 1051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

18 minutes ago, David in FL said:

I just wonder if any lawyers will be chatting to Jon in the coming days.

He likely has no claim. Federal guidance has already provided that private employers can require you to get a vaccine from contagious disease; they can require to get tested for it as well. Because he tested positive, he has no one to blame but himself. 

Moreover, the argument that I think you’re getting at with regards to testing requirements and Jon being treated differently as a non-vaccinated person v. those who are vaccinated, likely will fail as well. The Tour can set its own policy in the interest of the health and safety of its players and its fans. Indeed, such policies are in accordance with CDC guidelines and courts will give great deference to that agency, even assuming Jon had a cause of action—to which I don’t think he has to begin with. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

27 minutes ago, David in FL said:

I do wonder if anybody will question the disparity in the tracking/testing protocol between those who are vaccinated and those who are not.  

It makes sense to me to test those who are more likely to pose a danger to others, while not testing those whose vaccination choice makes them much less likely to pose a danger.  And as @phillyk says, the PGA Tour is doing their best to follow the CDC guidelines.  The players agree to it, its not like a lawyer SHOULD be able to build a case.  It would be like a player hiring a lawyer saying he shouldn't have been DQ for not signing his scorecard. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

If I were constantly being tested and I could bypass that by getting vaccinated, I would do that just so I don't have to deal with the hassle of getting a swab up my nose (assuming that's the test used for PGA Tour players) every so often. I heard on the NLU podcast he got tested a lot during the tournament, something like every day he was there, or some similar rate. Plus the separate areas and all the other inconveniences.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 hour ago, David in FL said:

100% no. You're behaving if there's been some kind of discrimination!

Not to mention the fact that Rahm accepted the situation gracefully.

Edited by Shorty

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

44 minutes ago, Shorty said:

100% no. You're behaving if there's been some kind of discrimination!

Well, it is discrimination (treating one differently than another), but it’s permissible discrimination. See above. 

2 hours ago, David in FL said:

AhahahahahahahahAhahahahah…

uh, no.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

5 hours ago, nevets88 said:

If I were constantly being tested and I could bypass that by getting vaccinated, I would do that just so I don't have to deal with the hassle of getting a swab up my nose (assuming that's the test used for PGA Tour players) every so often. I heard on the NLU podcast he got tested a lot during the tournament, something like every day he was there, or some similar rate. Plus the separate areas and all the other inconveniences.

Yeah after finding out what the process was for the un-vaxxed players, I dont know anyone but the most fringe of the Trumpets on Tour wouldnt just get the vaccine.

• Booooooooo 1

5 hours ago, cutchemist42 said:

Yeah after finding out what the process was for the un-vaxxed players, I dont know anyone but the most fringe of the Trumpets on Tour wouldnt just get the vaccine.

No political comments please.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 6/7/2021 at 1:21 PM, David in FL said:

We know that someone vaccinated can still contract and pass along the virus.  I wonder why they would only choose to apply that protocol to one group, but not another.  

The odds are really low. It is not zero, just like the vaccine is not 100% effective. Its enough the PGA tour is willing to say no testing required for those who get vaccinated. Which I think is fair with what we know. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
1 hour ago, jxdama said:

To no surprise  of anyone he  is  perfectly  fine and  could  have  played  before.

That’s not the point.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It is insane this is still being talked about. I read that people are saying he was the winner. Crazy!

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

• Administrator

@Vinsk Higgo came from six back to win the next week. Does Chesson get the asterisk or does Higgo?

😉 

• Funny 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

20 minutes ago, iacas said:

@Vinsk Higgo came from six back to win the next week. Does Chesson get the asterisk or does Higgo?

😉

Not the same thing at all. Chesson played. He got his chance. Rahm didn’t.  And let’s be honest…Hadley ain’t Rahm….😉

Edited by Vinsk

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On 6/12/2021 at 9:17 PM, saevel25 said:

The odds are really low. It is not zero, just like the vaccine is not 100% effective. Its enough the PGA tour is willing to say no testing required for those who get vaccinated. Which I think is fair with what we know. 

This

On 6/13/2021 at 12:46 AM, jmanbooyaa said:

It is insane this is still being talked about. I read that people are saying he was the winner. Crazy!

This too

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Not the same thing at all. Chesson played. He got his chance. Rahm didn’t.  And let’s be honest…Hadley ain’t Rahm….😉

Rahm isn’t Arnie and Arnie lost a six shot lead with six to go in the US Open.

i?img=%2Fmedia%2Fmotion%2F2012%2F0610%2F

Arnold Palmer's collapse in the 1966 U.S. Open rivals any choke in golf history.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Again…you guys are really missing the point. I never said Rahm was a lock. But to ignore that Rahm had a six shot lead AND DIDN'T EVEN PLAY the final round is ridiculous.

Norman blew a six shot lead. Palmer blew a six shot. But FFS…they PLAYED. 

Here’s you guys’ logic:

The fact that players with a six shot lead have lost the tournament means that Cantlay had no advantage having Rahm WD. Yeah ok.

So what about all the times a player with the lead DID win? Huh? Nothing?

Starting the last round six shots back is no worse than starting tied for the lead. Yeah. Got it.🙄

Edited by Vinsk

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

The fact that players with a six shot lead have lost the tournament means that Cantlay had no advantage having Rahm WD. Yeah ok.

No, that’s not what I’m saying.

Note: This thread is 1051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!