IGNORED

Favorite TV Show(s)

cignatz21

22 minutes ago, billchao said:

It’s only eight episodes. Even if you don’t like it, it will still be a better use of your time than GoT season 8 😜

That's actually not a half bad convincing take, lol.

Have you seen Devs?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Have you seen Devs?

No, what’s that?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

16 minutes ago, billchao said:

No, what’s that?

It's exclusively on Hulu, showrunner is the director of Ex Machina and Annihilation. Hard to describe, it's definitely sci fi.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

25 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

It's exclusively on Hulu, showrunner is the director of Ex Machina and Annihilation. Hard to describe, it's definitely sci fi.

I don’t have Hulu.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Westworld is boring although 2nd episode Thandie Newton was good. Plot Against America is good as is My Brilliant Friend. Picard ended OK. War of the Worlds is very loosely based on the book and seems to be withholding the aliens way too long. Ramy is funny. Just started on Kingdom (Korean zombie show) and I'm actually watching a zombie show despite swearing off the genre.

Steve

1 minute ago, nevets88 said:

Westworld is boring

What? Explain yourself, sir.

Bill

My Swing Thread

37 minutes ago, billchao said:

What? Explain yourself, sir.

Lol. The location, the music, the acting is great, but I'm just not crazy about the storytelling. Maybe I'm still reacting to the what the hell is going on from last season, I just find the show a little cold and clinical.

Steve

1 minute ago, nevets88 said:

Lol. The location, the music, the acting is great, but I'm just not crazy about the storytelling. Maybe I'm still reacting to the what the hell is going on from last season, I just find the show a little cold and clinical.

They definitely changed the storytelling, which makes sense because it's a different type of story now. I think the cold and clinical approach is done on purpose, because that's kind of the world that exists. I found it's different depending on the character they're focusing on, though. Dolores - most definitely cold. Maive's story was not done the same way. Neither was Caleb's.

Bill

My Swing Thread

21 minutes ago, billchao said:

They definitely changed the storytelling, which makes sense because it's a different type of story now. I think the cold and clinical approach is done on purpose, because that's kind of the world that exists. I found it's different depending on the character they're focusing on, though. Dolores - most definitely cold. Maive's story was not done the same way. Neither was Caleb's.

I'm still gonna watch the hell out of it. The postgame for this show is fun, lots of interesting discussion and podcasts. And it used Massive Attack in the first episode, that was great.

Steve

Penn and Teller Fool Us. Love this show. They have great acts on and some of the magic is mind boggling. I watched their April Fools Day specials again last night.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I'm watching The Tiger King, I'll admit it. I understand that it is a crime documentary, but i haven't laughed this much at a TV show in a while. 

download.jpg

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

On 4/2/2020 at 8:21 AM, snapfade said:

I'm watching The Tiger King, I'll admit it. I understand that it is a crime documentary, but i haven't laughed this much at a TV show in a while. 

download.jpg

We just finished this.  Holy Mary Mother of God, that was crazy as hell. 

For me, the show is Ozark.  We finished it the other night, and were floored by the ending.

Now I'm watching The English Game on Netflix.  It's referred to as Downton Abbey for guys.  It's set in the late 19th century as the game of football became "professional" as players began to be bought from clubs and move on to others that would pay more.  Of course, it's mainly about the disparity between the classes, but I'm in it for the football.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

I'm binge-watching Animal Kingdom. I think it's great and I can't stop watching it.  It's got a great story and great storylines and great action and tension.  And the acting is terrific.  This is definitely a show to get your mind off of things.  Has no one mentioned this show here? I did a search for Animal Kingdom and nothing showed up.  I think the show has already been on for 4 years, so that's why I'm surprised.  

2 hours ago, bwdial said:

Now I'm watching The English Game on Netflix.  It's referred to as Downton Abbey for guys.  It's set in the late 19th century as the game of football became "professional" as players began to be bought from clubs and move on to others that would pay more.  Of course, it's mainly about the disparity between the classes, but I'm in it for the football.

I'm a couple of episodes in myself. I hope they get deeper into the football side but I understand that personal dramas drive these shows.

Also watching The Crown. Terrific show that I've enjoyed a lot more than I thought I would. I read it is Netflix' more expensive production, and it shows. Great cast. Just watched the first episode of Season 3 tonight and the cast changes (the story jumps ahead) are a little disconcerting at first but not for long.

My old but trusty bag is filled with clubs I built...Integra SoooLong 450 10.5°, Jackaroo II 13* 16* 23*  hybrids, Dynacraft irons and wedges...plus a sweet Tad Moore Peach putter.

Please check out my sports card/memorabilia blog: The Five Tool Collector

Devs is a sci-fi show.   Pretty interesting concept.  From IMDB: A computer engineer investigates the secretive development division in her company, which she believes is behind the disappearance of her boyfriend.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

It's not getting great word of mouth, but 4 episodes into Tales from the Loop and while it's deliberately paced and melancholy, I like the show.

Steve

4 hours ago, dennyjones said:

Devs is a sci-fi show.   Pretty interesting concept.  From IMDB: A computer engineer investigates the secretive development division in her company, which she believes is behind the disappearance of her boyfriend.  

Nobody wants to accept the real reason their boyfriend left...

On 4/5/2020 at 11:15 AM, nevets88 said:

It's not getting great word of mouth, but 4 episodes into Tales from the Loop and while it's deliberately paced and melancholy, I like the show.

I've watched the first two episodes.  I like it so far.  That twist at the end of episode two sets up things nicely.

Corey