IGNORED

Plastic or Wood Tees? Something Else?

Note: This thread is 1429 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

62 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of tees are you using?

• Bristle Tees: Brush T, X-Tee, Rip Tips...
    • Plastic/Composite: Zero Friction, Wedge Tee...
    • Wood
    • Other

Plastic tees for me....I find so many tees that I can remember the last time I bought a bag of tees....I can't walk by an unbroken tee without picking it up...even though I have 100's of tees in the garage.

I only use broken tees for the par 3 shots....plastic or wood. 

• Like 1

I use those "Brush Tees" quite often when playing. Things never seem to wear out. I will also use those wooden tees that only go into the ground only so far. Both of these for consistency.

When on the d-range I use wooden tees of what ever is laying on the ground. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2020 at 8:34 PM, Mr22putt said:

Plastic tees for me....I find so many tees that I can remember the last time I bought a bag of tees....I can't walk by an unbroken tee without picking it up...even though I have 100's of tees in the garage.

I only use broken tees for the par 3 shots....plastic or wood. 

I'm the same. Haven't bought a tee in ages! If I see the head of a tee in the ground, I pull it up. If it's whole, I keep it! I am amazed at the number of golfers who stick a tee in the ground, hit one shot of it, and leave it there! Plus, the last couple of years I've played in a local tourney where we get to play a local country club on day 2. You know how country clubs take care of their members. On the first and tenth tees, there are boxes full of tees, ball markers, scorecards and pencils. I load up on the tees and ball markers. 

Some of these new plastic tees seem practically indestructible! I broke exactly one of them last season. Can't get that kind of endurance from wood!

EDIT: And yes, on a par 3 tee, I will look for a tee fragment to use.

Edited by Buckeyebowman

3441b886a4394413912855cc157a4a02.jpg

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

The course I often play had boxes on each tee filled with sand. Pro shop said they used to be a mixture of sand and seed to repair divots but they noticed alot of people using it on par 3's to tee the ball up with like "the olden days".

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

21 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

I'm the same. Haven't bought a tee in ages! If I see the head of a tee in the ground, I pull it up. If it's whole, I keep it! I am amazed at the number of golfers who stick a tee in the ground, hit one shot of it, and leave it there! Plus, the last couple of years I've played in a local tourney where we get to play a local country club on day 2. You know how country clubs take care of their members. On the first and tenth tees, there are boxes full of tees, ball markers, scorecards and pencils. I load up on the tees and ball markers. 

Some of these new plastic tees seem practically indestructible! I broke exactly one of them last season. Can't get that kind of endurance from wood!

EDIT: And yes, on a par 3 tee, I will look for a tee fragment to use.

I really liked this plastic tee this past summer....I think I used it for 2 months....I think it fell out of my pocket...ugh....I might still be playing with it.

I've also not bought a golf ball in maybe 30 years....I find so many...have a lot new golf balls from promos, corporate swag, etc.

1 hour ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Al Czervik strikes again! But since when is "Nudie" spelled "Nuddie"?

HaHa...Good eye!

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2020 at 8:12 AM, Sandy Divot said:

Whatever I find. Played 9 yesterday, and started with two regular tees, and one short tee in my pocket. Picked up more than a dozen tees, and wasn't even doing anything special looking for them.

You're like me. I look for tees left over and haven't bought tees in well over 10 years. My buddy calls them "Gary's gold"! 

• 3 months later...
  • Administrator

Bumping the topic.

Wood, plastic, or something else?

If you previously voted, you can change your vote to reflect the current times.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Plastic for me.  Always Pride Performance tees, in two different lengths (one for driver/woods, one for irons) - shorties go in a convenient carrying case.

A single long tee usually lasts me at least three or four rounds (they do break at some point, usually in shear right below the head).

IMG_1019.JPG

- John

Note: This thread is 1429 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!