IGNORED

Forum Profile Handicap Indices....

David in FL
Note: This thread is 1184 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Down to a 13.0 index as of the 10/1 revision, which is a new lifetime low for me.  

I'll take it!

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Down to an all-time low of 10.2. I need one more set of 9 to meet my New Years resolution of being a single digit

• Upvote 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

1 hour ago, Valleygolfer said:

I managed a 9.9... Finally below a 10...barely.

There's just something about being a single digit when you're not one - congrats!

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Finally made it back under 10, at 9.6, after nearly a year out of single digits, including a 3 months layoff forced by an illness. It feels good!

• Upvote 2

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

1 hour ago, woodzie264 said:

There's just something about being a single digit when you're not one - congrats!

Thanks! I could have probably added a low round today to add to the mix had I not been in a scramble. I was striking it so well.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Down to a 5.7. I'll probably get another round or two in before the end of the year, but I'm not sure it'll get lower. But still, I've shaved over 3 strokes off my handicap this year. Honestly, I feel like if I had more time to get good practice in, I would be pushing into the 3s. I haven't worked on my full swing very much this year, and I've barely practiced putting or short game. 

• Upvote 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• 3 weeks later...

I posted my last score of the season yesterday so I know what my index will be tomorrow (November 1) until the season reopens again April 1. I opened this season at 8.8 and I will finish at 9.5. I had a generally poor scoring season, reaching a high of 13.3 in July and was trying to work my way back to below 9 but I couldn't make it. Still, I finished strong with my three best scores in the last month. I didn't reach one of my goals of breaking 80, shooting 80 twice, including double bogeying the last hole a couple of weeks ago. Ugh!!!

Bill M

On October 15, 2016 at 9:09 AM, woodzie264 said:

Down to an all-time low of 10.2. I need one more set of 9 to meet my New Years resolution of being a single digit

Done! 9.7

• Upvote 3

-Jonny

9 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

Done! 9.7

Nice work. Mine did not change, I shot a couple rounds in the 70s but was playing alone all month long or the course was under maintenance.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I've been in a little slump, but I recovered with 77-73 on the weekend to keep my handicap to 3.5.  Its been a good year!

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

5 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

Done! 9.7

Very cool.

4 minutes ago, rkim291968 said:

Thanks to a swing slump, my HI is up a fraction to 15.6 but still below my 2016 golf goal of 16. 

Very nice!

I've been mostly playing "Golf Swing" this year, so I can't vouch for my practice yielding results yet. So no updates here on my index for the year- I think I only scored a couple rounds (if that). Next year!

Spoiler

At the start of the season, i truly thought this was the year for me to actually play a fair amount. Ah, but life got in the way. Here's to a better 2017.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Ended up at 15.6 only up .1 from last revision but also didn't golf much at all. Still pretty happy as I made my realistic goal of a 15's handicap to end the year. Makes me feel optimistic for getting down to my realistic goal of 12ish next year.

• Upvote 3

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Dropped to 4.8 from 5.2.  Why does my game finally round into form at the end of the season.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

The season is officially over in NJ and I finished up a bit at 13.8

• Upvote 2

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 1184 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!