IGNORED

Forum Profile Handicap Indices....

David in FL
Note: This thread is 1187 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I need to stop getting nervous when I get under par....

Me too, but then I finish the second hole and I'm back over again so the stress is gone..... ;-)

(honestly ------ you are under par.......you belong there.....you've EARNED it.......next shot is your favorite shot - go get it.  It's no biggie, right?  this is your comfy place)

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Me too, but then I finish the second hole and I'm back over again so the stress is gone.....  ;-)   (honestly ------ you are under par.......you belong there.....you've EARNED it.......next shot is your favorite shot - go get it.  It's no biggie, right?  this is your comfy place)

That's true... I've never thought about it that way. It should make me comfortable that I'm playing well. I'll try that next time. I'm thinking about playing super easy tees just to get used to being under par, but I have a pro (ish) event next week that will be on a long and difficult course so I don't want to come in unprepared for that... Maybe after it I will.

srixon.png.c29104d99ab6ca6ecb927e9dd97b26f1.png    Z785 Driver 10.5° Tour AD BB 7x    |    F65 4W Tour AD TP 7x    |    Z765 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100 AMT    |     Z-Star Ball

TM.png.36c3c24d72a4ac809b0def631452f3ba.png    M3 4H HZRDUS Black    |    Spider Tour Putter

titleist.png.c92d01bf6404c1675a5e518a7447f2c6.png  Vokey SM7 50° 55° 60° Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue Black

22.3.... slowly but surely going in the right direction so I won't complain

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Mine dropped .3. I'm a little surprised because I had a couple high rounds and only one where I went low. My only guess is that consistency has something to do with it.

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

Prior to a good round yesterday, I have really, really sucked for the past few weeks. Up a full point from June 15, but full of hope to reverse that by mid-month.

And on that round I spoke of.

The good folks at Miami Shores GC, Troy, OH chose not tell me about the flooding on the back nine and how it significantly shortened the 16th and 17th holes.

On the 16th, they actually cut a temporary hole in the middle of the fairway, roughly 275 yards from the tee. A white circle 10 feet from the pin designated the green. On 17, the blue and white tees were moved up. The usual 375 yard, par-four became a 300-yard par four and that was one of my two birdie holes.

The question is does that change the way I post this round?

And on that round I spoke of. The good folks at Miami Shores GC, Troy, OH chose not tell me about the flooding on the back nine and how it significantly shortened the 16th and 17th holes. On the 16th, they actually cut a temporary hole in the middle of the fairway, roughly 275 yards from the tee. A white circle 10 feet from the pin designated the green. On 17, the blue and white tees were moved up. The usual 375 yard, par-four became a 300-yard par four and that was one of my two birdie holes. The question is does that change the way I post this round?

I always give myself and the people I play with a break when we have to use temp greens and if a round has more than a couple I usually don't even post it. Something about three jacking a 20 foot putt in the middle of s fairway feels like I'm being cheated out of something- plus you never get a good yardage into a temp. League is league, but when I'm playing for fun, temp greens pretty much mean I'm enforcing the "no three-putts allowed" rule.

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

I use the USGA GHIN handicap system. My handicap has gone from 29 to the current 27.6 since January. It is all attributed to Keys 1 and 2 and help from you all here on this forum.

It is a little skewed because there is a gap in me posting scores to this system from Oct 2012 till Dec 2014 and three of those old scores are being used for my current handicap.

That should clear up as I play more rounds this year.

Doug

Yep, just like I predicted. When the 74 and 76 came out I ended up going from 7.8 to 9.0.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

22.3.... slowly but surely going in the right direction so I won't complain

Just hit that number myself, I'll be happy when it's back to 18.

Joe Paradiso

Up .2 to 30.3

Bill Z.

:ping: G15 Driver
:tmade: RBZ Stage 2 3 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 5 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 7 wood
:tmade: Burner 2.0 4I-AW
:cleveland: CG15 56
DLR Hog 1005D Putter

If I knew where I could get a Handicap for free I'd have an official, otherwise I just google a calculation and put it in myself. The one I have is from start of summer 2015. a been averaging +22 recently so I think I need to recalculate.

If I knew where I could get a Handicap for free I'd have an official, otherwise I just google a calculation and put it in myself. The one I have is from start of summer 2015. a

been averaging +22 recently so I think I need to recalculate.

You can get a free HI from here:

http://www.diablogolf.com/

And, it's an official USGA handicap:

Dropped to 6.7 from 7.2

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Down to 17.5, have had a good stretch of scoring.  Index is down 4 strokes from where I started the year and 6 strokes from where I was this time last year.  I've read on this forum that improvement will come in waves (in between plateaus) for higher handicappers like myself, I seem to be riding a bit of a wave lately and loving it.

Note: This thread is 1187 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!