IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

I'm waiting for the Force Awakens... Not like a big Star Wars nerd or anything, however I have seen them all, too bad they sold out of all the opening night presale tickets in 20 minutes... I was able to score tickets for Saturday, the 19th however

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Come to think of remakes, modern True Grit (Some bully shot) was better. As well as Ocean's Eleven. But those originals aren't exactly lauded by critics and the audience. Memento is. 

That is true. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

9 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Come to think of remakes, modern True Grit (Some bully shot) was better. As well as Ocean's Eleven. But those originals aren't exactly lauded by critics and the audience. Memento is. 

True Grit was a good remake.  I loved the line " I thought you were going to say the sun was in your eyes. That is to say, your eye".  The Manchurian Candidate was a good remake with Denzel Washington but that's been some time ago now.

Being a born and raised Las Vegan I really like the original Oceans Eleven.  I am just old enough to remember when the strip looked more or less like that.  Granted it was very campy but it was a good movie.

Edited by Gator Hazard

On 4/18/2015, 8:09:52, nevets88 said:

Black Sea . Par . I've seen the director's State of Play , which was pretty good, although not as good as the British miniseries, and bits of The King of Scotland , so expected good things from it. It's a little too heavy handed with the commentary on the economy, which annoyed me. And the submarine genre part of the movie didn't grab me as other sub movies normally did.

watched this with the wifey the other night and we both loved it. i give it a birdie.  so tense. i thought the acting was really really good.

Colin P.

23 minutes ago, colin007 said:

watched this with the wifey the other night and we both loved it. i give it a birdie.  so tense. i thought the acting was really really good.

I like this movie as well. I would give it a long made birdie putt. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

I saw The Woman in Gold this weekend. Solid flick with great lessons in history and tradition. Eye opening look at cultures. Gets an extra point for being a true story. 

I'll give it a birdie. 

- Mark

• Administrator

Watched The Man from U.N.C.L.E. last night.

I give it a par. I liked the droll wit (calling it "banter" is a stretch given how dry it was, which was good), but I didn't care for the basic plot line. Ho hum.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

So would the goal be to watch all the Marvel Movies in order that makes sense :-D

Iron Man, Thor (The Dark World) 
Iron Man 2, Captain America - Both involve Nick Fury recruiting them 
The Avengers 
Iron Man 3, Captain America (Winter Soldier)
Avengers (Age of Ultron)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

12 hours ago, mvmac said:

Civil Wars trailer

It's weird seeing William Hurt here, Yes, he's been in big budget movies, but so used to seeing him in dramas.

Those last 3 seconds.

The Little Prince - birdie. It tacks on a lot to the original source and I wish it spent more time in the source, but overall, a lovely, touching and beautiful movie. Too bad the US release is next March, it's perfect for a holiday release.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

5 hours ago, saevel25 said:

So would the goal be to watch all the Marvel Movies in order that makes sense :-D

If you need the excuse, sure knock yourself out.

Or you could just read this :-)

http://www.amazon.com/Civil-War-Mark-Millar/dp/078512179X

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Kids with gramma today so I goes to see 'Spectre' with wife tonights after works !!! Dang, haven't been to a theatre for a non-Pixar or non-Disney flick in ages..

I excites..! 

Vishal S.

Sorry for not merging posts but I thought I mention a few good flicks and an HBO series) I end up watching late at night when I am insomnic. I mostly get to watch only on demand so I am almost never current. Not sure these mentioned here but..

Drive - Eagle. Absolutely. On a tough par five. One of the best I have seen in a last couple of years. Gosling's soulful soft delivery provides a sharp contrast to his breakneck intensity that unravels gradually as the movie wears on without a single weak moment ending in a stunning sequence at the finish. Underrated. Awesome.

Fighting - Strong birdie... Reminded me of Jean Claude VD's Lionheart (Originally AWOL) but better fights and much better acted by Channing Tatum with Terrence Howard's hard to describe appeal.    

The Selfish Giant - Eagle. Watched it by chance on an overseas flight. The boys in the movie are not professional actors I found out later. If you like Cannes award winning, deep human drama type movies from the sink estates of Britain (the projects..). This is it. Powerful. If you don't at least feel a lump in your throat at the end, I say you are no human.   

Mad Max: Birdie. For it's rawness and simply for the fact that it is at least as good as the original. Tom Hardy.... not bad at all.           

I know not a movie - HBO: Ballers - Par for the Entourage type no holds barred fun factor. Story line development is kind of shallow but who cares. Not really a full insider look of an NFL team but close enough. NFL clichés and well, non cliches. There is something likable about Dwayne Johnson. His physical presence and sensibility offer a strange but interesting paradox. He is an almost a really good actor but not really and it actually works. 

Have been wanting to watch Boyhood that came out last year I think. Revenant trailer looks awesome. Hope not a dud.

Vishal S.

Saw Spectre with the 9 yr old (no nudity and clean), and we enjoyed it. Craig makes a thoughtful Bond if not the most debonair. More of an assassin type than Connery. Craig had better writing.

Par+

Was told to see Spotlight...

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

• Administrator

Watched Ant Man last night.

Par. Almost a bogey… I felt it had to skip too far into things.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 2015-11-24, 11:07:11, mvmac said:

To me, this looks like it has the potential to be soooo good.  Since Marvel films suffer from somewhat weak villains(excluding Loki, he's about the only really fleshed out role, having a bunch of heroes square off against each other should be a fun ride.  And CA:The Winter Soldier is still my favorite flick in the genre.

Corey

Not exactly a movie, but it was certainly moving. . .well worth watching.

http://www.smithsonianchannel.com/shows/the-seven-dwarfs-of-auschwitz/0/3404239

http://www.smithsonianchannel.com/videos/a-dwarf-remembers-being-taken-by-nazis/30733

This was really sad, and makes me wonder how Mengele was allowed to die of natural causes.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I saw he new Stallone movie, Creed. I solid birdie and decent acting. There were a couple spots that could have made it an eagle.

Edited by Dave325

Dave