IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

Is it bad that every time I see this topic at the top that I read it as "Winter Dispersion Thread"? No dispersion here, only depression. Hoping that next weekend will be playable. It's been 10 days since I've played.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Ahhh Thanksgiving weather! It’s 81 here. 

I remember my first and only Christmas in Florida.  It was depressing.  Pink yard flamingos decorated with Christmas lights and it was hot!  Though I did end up spending two Christmas's in Hawaii.

10 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I remember my first and only Christmas in Florida.  It was depressing.  Pink yard flamingos decorated with Christmas lights and it was hot!  Though I did end up spending two Christmas's in Hawaii.

I’ll take the Pink flamingos.0841B85E-4A12-4BC4-8572-7B2381353CA5.gif.239ec93aab423a26dcb707a4e3a3bff4.gif

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

15 hours ago, JetFan1983 said:

I was out with an idiopathic disease for 3.5 years. Grow a pair, you wimps!!! 🤣

And yes, I’m going to play this annoying “I was out for X years” card on here til it’s worn to shreds so get ready for that 😜

Oh yea and since I’m technically an annoying golfer again, lemme give you guys some unsolicited advice. This is a great opportunity to eat your optimal diet and to get into the gym or rehab if you have some nagging issue like tennis elbow or something. April is really just right around the corner and what better way to kick that off than to be physically ready to go on day one? 💪😀

I have a pair! They are just really, really cold!

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 11/27/2019 at 9:17 AM, DeadMan said:

0581F516-16A6-45E3-BC9A-FBC18A235FA3.thumb.jpeg.2c2e8c49df885dba7cf2a8a904299142.jpeg

:cry:

Yep! That will shut things down big time! 

On 11/28/2019 at 4:32 PM, JetFan1983 said:

I was out with an idiopathic disease for 3.5 years. Grow a pair, you wimps!!! 🤣

And yes, I’m going to play this annoying “I was out for X years” card on here til it’s worn to shreds so get ready for that 😜

Oh yea and since I’m technically an annoying golfer again, lemme give you guys some unsolicited advice. This is a great opportunity to eat your optimal diet and to get into the gym or rehab if you have some nagging issue like tennis elbow or something. April is really just right around the corner and what better way to kick that off than to be physically ready to go on day one? 💪😀

I have to agree with you! I am retired and have a Medicare Advantage plan that gives me free access to the local YMCA! So, why did I not take advantage of that last Winter? Pure laziness would be my guess. I have a trashed right knee due to ACL reconstruction surgery, Lately, if I stretch, it feels like my arms will fall off my shoulders! I need to do something.

• Like 1

It’s here today.  Wasn’t thinking the season would be over but it is.  8” overnight, couple more today and another 6 coming tonite.  Crap.

Listening to the forecast and my wife says, “ what kind of math is that?”  They said total of 6-10 inches when all is said and done.  We had 8 at 11 pm last night and a couple more this morning.  Today another 3 and tonite into tomorrow another 6”....

Looks like this weekend will be snowed out again.

It's getting to be like a year or two ago, when it snowed almost every weekend to ruin golf.  

Fresh powder snow for snowboarding.  So it's not all that bad.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

On 12/5/2013 at 1:36 PM, smellysell said:

-8 right now, high of 0 tomorrow.

Yikes, that's tough. Time to focus on your golf-related fitness goals I suppose. Shoveling snow must be good exercise. Winter is my favorite season for golf because a tiny bit of cold (into the 50's) and a little precipitation scare-away the crowds. Short days are the worst part - no after-work play.

I typically get burned out on golf by the end of the season and don't mind hanging up the clubs in October/November (and thus I don't play a lot of late-season rounds), but this is the part of the winter where I'm itching to get back out there. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

35 minutes ago, jamo said:

I typically get burned out on golf by the end of the season and don't mind hanging up the clubs in October/November (and thus I don't play a lot of late-season rounds), but this is the part of the winter where I'm itching to get back out there. 

Jamo... you start the itch early!  You do realize Winter doesn't start for 9 more days. ☺️

13 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Jamo... you start the itch early!  You do realize Winter doesn't start for 9 more days. ☺️

So you had to be the bearer of bad news.... Do you guys even have enough bad weather to call it a winter depression?

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

56 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Tell that to the snow outside my window!

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

So you had to be the bearer of bad news.... Do you guys even have enough bad weather to call it a winter depression?

We mostly have rain and dreary and soggy... well-hit drives plug and back up a foot.  But generally, one can play golf through the winter here in the Pacific Northwest.  When we get snow it melts within a week.  When the temps drop into the high 20"s, f**k it... I still play.  5 layers.

• 2 weeks later...

High will be about 45 today.......  2 man scramble with the Local AMVETS group......  Should be fun to be out at Christmas time in Iowa.....

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3