IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

Had only 5 months of decent golf this year. Can usually count on 7 months. April didn't open cuz of late snow. Lost Oct due to early snow. Sept. was damn cold.

Its the start of winter. Shovelling. Cold walks in the neighbourhood. Occasional snow blower activity. 

Already into my 4th week at the indoor dome

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Still OK in NYC. Played Bethpage Black on it's last open day yesterday, beautiful afternoon, sunny mid to high 40s, but not a ton of wind. Hoping snow holds out for another month or so.

I played Saturday.  Sunny and calm.  Felt like 60's when in fact it was only in the high 40's.  I have a tee time tomorrow, but that ain't going to happen as we got snow yesterday and it will be at least Thursday until the courses open up again.

Mr. Hyde and Dr. Jekyll weather is driving me nuts with my golf game.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

30s in Cleveland and dark by 4:30. 

Bah Humbug...

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

I played today. Not too bad, 42F but light wind. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

6 inches of snow in my backyard. Too bad, because I have the day off. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

I played yesterday (Sunday) here in NYC and it was a very nice 46 degrees.  The best part about it was that the course was basically empty and we didn't have to wait even a second for anyone.  It was like having your own course.  I'd rather have a day like yesterday than a beautiful 85 degree day when the course is packed. 

7 hours ago, Herkimer said:

I played yesterday (Sunday) here in NYC and it was a very nice 46 degrees.  The best part about it was that the course was basically empty and we didn't have to wait even a second for anyone.  It was like having your own course.  I'd rather have a day like yesterday than a beautiful 85 degree day when the course is packed. 

This is what I love about Fall golf in New England. I played 9 yesterday in 1:20 and I didn't even rush.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Got out yesterday too.  This time of year  50 in the sun and little wind.  Very nice.  Rest of the week looks like crap though.  Our course will be closed the rest of the week because the weather it lousy AND our pro hates the place.  Says he wishes we had a trace of flurries so he could padlock the place.

Hopefully it's open next week.  As long as it's above 40, sun and little to no wind, I'd play.

Ugh. The forecast changed to snow on Saturday. Hopefully they are wrong. 

Don

Has to visit Michigan last week-end. Woke up Friday morning and there was a couple of inches of snow on the ground and the temperature was 32. It was a good thing though, it reminded me of why I moved to Florida 20+ years ago.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

So far it's only freezing rain today.

I have a tee time tomorrow at noon and hoping it does not snow at all today.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Don

The PGA superstore practice package is the best $150 I've ever spent for practice. I'd go stir crazy if this were not a thing. Or literally burn money trying to find a decent practice facility. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

On 11/12/2018 at 3:09 PM, Slice of Life said:

30s in Cleveland and dark by 4:30. 

Bah Humbug...

Yep! It got cold in a hurry. Weird year. We basically had no Spring and no Autumn. Froze our butts the last time out, but I'm now glad we got that last round in!

Bleh, rough start to the off season here in Denver. Normally, I have no problem playing and practicing all of November, and December tends to be the worst month for golf. Really hoping November will be the worst month for golf. Right now, we've had shitty weather the past 2 weekends, plus maybe shitty weather this weekend again! 6 inches of snow 2 Sundays ago. Saturday, we had freezing rain all day. This Saturday, they're predicting snow. Hard to get out and do much when that happens.

It's actually not all that unusual to have bad weather in November here - I think it's our 3rd snowiest month. But we haven't had bad weather in November for a couple of years now, so this throwing me for a loop.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Saturday might be a possibility, it'll be cold though. Maybe a quick nine.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Sunday, Sunday looks like it'll be playable outside.

Steve

I have not played since October 31. The courses started closing November 4th. I guess I'll have to clean up all the equipment, go through the bag and toss out anything I don't need. This season started late because of a wet and cold April and with late October snow and colder temps since then we will have about a six week shorter season than last year!