IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

6 hours ago, nevets88 said:

tiger-woods-zozo-thursday-2019-smile.jpg

Officials with the World Golf Hall of Fame announced a lower age requirement for induction from 50 to 45 and streamlined the entry categories

If Tiger plays well this year, I think the HOF voters should give him serious consideration.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, brocks said:

If Tiger plays well this year, I think the HOF voters should give him serious consideration.

Good point. We all know how important "longevity" is, after all.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 minutes ago, iacas said:

Good point. We all know how important "longevity" is, after all.

I've fought that battle many times over the years, but now it's moot.  There are only 7 golfers with a longer PGA Tour winning span than Tiger's 24 years, and his next win will bring that down to four -- Snead, Floyd, Mickelson, and DLIII.

Edited by brocks

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, brocks said:

I've fought that battle many times over the years, but now it's moot.  There are only 7 golfers with a longer PGA Tour winning span than Tiger's 24 years, and his next win will bring that down to four -- Snead, Floyd, Mickelson, and DLIII.

Sarcasm, my man. 🙂

But seriously, Tiger's Masters victory in 2019 did a lot to help the "longevity" BS, for sure.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

This is for @colin007 , but be warned it might give you an eyegasm

I found it interesting he kept moving the tee down too. I normally keep it in place, but I can see why he does that.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2020%2F0123%2Fr656345_1

Tiger Woods shot a 69 playing the North Course at Torrey Pines on Thursday, leaving him 3 shots behind leaders Keegan Bradley and Sebastian Cappelen. It was his first round in the 60s on the North Course since 2013.

The round also marked a career first: playing with someone on the PGA Tour who was born after Woods turned pro. Collin Morikawa had that honor, and the former Cal star was a shot behind Woods after a 70.

• Thumbs Up 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Not even taking into account what happened on the first hole, he's hit some just abysmal putts today. Sometimes he putts like Michael J Fox plays Jenga...

Colin P.

• 3 weeks later...

I just noticed this piece on his equipment. In it, you see his putter head and the wear mark. I have no idea where the sweet spot should be, I guess it depends on the putter. It's closer to the heel than I would have imagined.

TigerPutterFeature-1024x570.jpg

TigerPutterFeature.jpg

Holding Tiger Woods' golf clubs is a special experience. Here are 7 details we noticed while taking in-hand photos at Torrey Pines.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

23 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I just noticed this piece on his equipment. In it, you see his putter head and the wear mark. I have no idea where the sweet spot should be, I guess it depends on the putter. It's closer to the heel than I would have imagined.

TigerPutterFeature-1024x570.jpg

TigerPutterFeature.jpg

Holding Tiger Woods' golf clubs is a special experience. Here are 7 details we noticed while taking in-hand photos at Torrey Pines.

It looks dead under the sight dot to me. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

1 hour ago, jamo said:

It looks dead under the sight dot to me. 

You're right. I missed that!

• Upvote 1

Steve

Nice article where a bunch of pros talk about the first time they played with Tiger, with a video cameo of Jack:

https://www.pgatour.com/long-form/2020/02/10/first-time-playing-with-tiger-woods-genesis-invitational.html

• Thumbs Up 1

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

the matrix GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

Steve

18 hours ago, nevets88 said:

You're right. I missed that!

Yea, it’s right in the middle of the putter. The neck isn’t coming up out of the heel of the putter.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

5 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

An eagle on the first hole.  So.......that'll set a hard bar to maintain...

go get 'em

Yeah, I'm waiting a few more holes before going into the 59 alert thread, but someone better check on @colin007 to see if he's still breathing 

• Like 1

Players play, tough players win!

Here's a hint on how to find the sweet spot on Tiger Wood's putter.

Look for the wear mark.  Case closed.  Nothing you speculate matters.  Don't question it. Accept that he is far more knowledge and self-aware of his golf game than you are.  Don't be delusional.  Stop.

• Like 1