IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

The others were wrong. It's nothing more than an equipment deal.

Interesting choice. I wonder what swayed him in that direction.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nike/TM crossover. Find your game, just do it!

Woods will use a 2016 TaylorMade M2 driver (Tensei White 70X shaft), a 2017 M2 13-degree fairway wood (Tensei White 90X shaft) and a 2017 M1 19-degree fairway wood (Tensei White 90X shaft).

Woods, 41, makes his 2017 debut this week at the Farmers Insurance Open in San Diego.

http://golfweek.com/2017/01/25/tiger-woods-makes-big-move-to-taylormade/

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

And we have a commercial

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

That is so weird, seeing the Nike logo in an ad for an Adidas owned company. It's also the most prominent logo in the ad.

• Upvote 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Why is M capitalized in FaMily? The model name of the driver, M I guess.

Steve

3 hours ago, iacas said:

The others were wrong. It's nothing more than an equipment deal.

There have been lots of other rumors that Nike would buy TaylorMade...after they killed their equipment division.  If that were to happen I would have thought they would have bought them before that and taken the best of both equipment groups.  Probably end up keeping the TM branding for equipment but Nike for clothes (exactly what Tiger is doing now.)  Of course, it's hard to imagine Nike using anything other than their brand.  In the golf world, though, it wasn't very strong when it came to equipment.

Weird for sure.  I think there is more to come with TM.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

34 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

That is so weird, seeing the Nike logo in an ad for an Adidas owned company. It's also the most prominent logo in the ad.

Yeah, I'm sure Taylor Made would've preferred to have him wear blank clothes if he could have.

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, NCGolfer said:

There have been lots of other rumors that Nike would buy TaylorMade...after they killed their equipment division.  If that were to happen I would have thought they would have bought them before that and taken the best of both equipment groups.  Probably end up keeping the TM branding for equipment but Nike for clothes (exactly what Tiger is doing now.)  Of course, it's hard to imagine Nike using anything other than their brand.  In the golf world, though, it wasn't very strong when it came to equipment.

Nike does that from time to time though. For awhile Bauer was owned by Nike, but was still known as Bauer (or Nike Bauer).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Why is M capitalized in FaMily? The model name of the driver, M I guess.

The Taylormade M family of woods just got Woods-ier.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Tiger swings from today! Lots of good stuff here.

4 hours ago, iacas said:

Nike does that from time to time though. For awhile Bauer was owned by Nike, but was still known as Bauer (or Nike Bauer).

Same thing with Converse, they're owned by Nike.

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

23 minutes ago, mvmac said:

Gosh that's pretty. I think this kid has a future.

• Upvote 1

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

• Administrator

Hmmm. Not a huge fan of 6-8. Looks "flippier" than I remember and looks like it goes left faster than it has.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

16 minutes ago, iacas said:

Hmmm. Not a huge fan of 6-8. Looks "flippier" than I remember and looks like it goes left faster than it has.

Ha, maybe I'm just so used to having low expectation when we see these updates.

What I like from previous swings a year or two ago, looks like he's dragging the handle much less on the downswing. I think it may look flippy because his body just can't support the "arm carry" the way it use to.

Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 2.12.25 PM.png

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

49 minutes ago, mvmac said:

Looks good to me. I hope he can get through the next month and a half. I feel like this is a huge hurdle for him. 

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, mvmac said:

Ha, maybe I'm just so used to having low expectation when we see these updates.

What I like from previous swings a year or two ago, looks like he's dragging the handle much less on the downswing. I think it may look flippy because his body just can't support the "arm carry" the way it use to.

Do you see what I meant, though? Particularly the first video DTL view.

For all we know he was trying to hit a big cut or something.

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Do you see what I meant, though? Particularly the first video DTL view.

For all we know he was trying to hit a big cut or something.

I thought it looked different too, like he was standing up quicker and throwing it out a bit, almost like he was trying to "snap" it a little through the ball maybe? I'm in no way qualified to say anything about Tigs swing btw.

Colin P.