IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

On 4/27/2019 at 9:39 PM, Hardspoon said:

Hopefully he will have broken it with another two majors by then!

Why stop at two? He wins the Grand Slam at age 43, the GOAT discussion is over.

Edited by onthehunt526

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, onthehunt526 said:

Why stop at two? He wins the Grand Slam at age 43, the GOAT discussion is over.

I'd be happy if he won those, but to the people who study the actual facts, the GOAT discussion has been over for years.  Only the low information bitter clingers still hang their hat on the magic number 18.

• Like 1

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

On 5/1/2019 at 5:50 PM, nevets88 said:

Even Woods' boat is intimidating. OK, not a boat, ship.

0_PfM60PImiDuub_CN.png

Colin P.

2 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

@colin007,  Is that drool on your chin?

His aquatic scuba SWAT team caught me tryna board the ship

Colin P.

That spot is not closest to the clubhouse. Fail!

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Fun Fact: Tiger Woods is 3rd All-Time in wins on the European Tour, and has NEVER been a member. 

Sounds like a ‘Chuck Norris fact’, but is completely true. Astonishing!

Edited by sofingaw

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, sofingaw said:

Fun Fact: Tiger Woods is 3rd All-Time in wins on the European Tour, and has NEVER been a member. 

Yeah, and he'd have led the European Tour and the PGA Tour money list together multiple times, but I think Luke Donald is the only one to officially have done it because he was a member of both Tours.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

16 hours ago, sofingaw said:

Yup, only one behind Bernhard Langer's 42 wins for second place.  Seve is #1 with 50. 

Tiger has played more pure European Tour events than most PGA members, but of course the main reason he's so high is all the majors and WGCs he's won.

15 hours ago, iacas said:

Yeah, and he'd have led the European Tour and the PGA Tour money list together multiple times, but I think Luke Donald is the only one to officially have done it because he was a member of both Tour

I may be misremembering, but I dimly recall that he actually did lead the official Euro money list in 2000, by a mile, and they weren't happy about it, so they changed the criteria to require membership, and made it retroactive.  I'm a little more sure that a few years later, he had played enough Euro events during a season that he only needed one more to be eligible for membership that season, and he was already in England for a WGC or Ryder Cup or something, and people speculated he might play in Europe the following week so he'd be eligible for both titles, but he passed.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, brocks said:

they weren't happy about it, so they changed the criteria to require membership, and made it retroactive. 

Sounds like something Nicklaus would instigate.😏

• Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Guy who won big on Masters bet doubling down on Woods. Bet 100K at 100 to 1 odds to win Grand Slam.  

tiger-woods-bet.jpg

James Adducci made the media rounds when he cashed in on an $85,000 bet on Tiger Woods to win the Masters, but he's now betting bigger.

Caddie survey on Woods

USATSI_12533117-e1557434776532.jpg

Coming out of Tiger Woods’ recent win at the Masters, The Caddie Network commissioned a Tiger-specific survey amongst 56 professional Tour caddies.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Well, at least he got some money to blow now. 

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

12 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Coming out of Tiger Woods’ recent win at the Masters, The Caddie Network commissioned a Tiger-specific survey amongst 56 professional Tour caddies.

Very interesting survey of guys who are the ultimate insiders.  The last question was who's the GOAT, and the results were:

• Tiger Woods 71.4%
  • Jack Nicklaus 26.8% 
  • Ben Hogan 1.8% 
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Groucho Valentine said:

The quest tiger needs to give up on is hair. Dude needs to let it go. Its finished. 

He might look bad ass with a shaved head too.

Bill - 

Scenario for Woods to reclaim OWGR #1

GCLogo.png

Tiger Woods is among a group of five players who could leave this week's PGA Championship with the top spot in the world rankings.

Steve

• Administrator
32 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Scenario for Woods to reclaim OWGR #1

GCLogo.png

Tiger Woods is among a group of five players who could leave this week's PGA Championship with the top spot in the world rankings.

I don't think he'll reclaim #1 for a long period of time again. He might be among those who are #1 or top five for awhile, but I don't think he's going to play enough to really stay on top for weeks and months and years.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

10 minutes ago, iacas said:

I don't think he'll reclaim #1 for a long period of time again. He might be among those who are #1 or top five for awhile, but I don't think he's going to play enough to really stay on top for weeks and months and years.

It'll be cool just to see it again if just for a brief moment.

Steve