IGNORED

Brandel Chamblee Gives Props to Erik and TST

BENtSwing
Note: This thread is 3520 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It is great to see Erik and The Sand Trap get some well deserved recognition! Its just a testament to all the hard work Erik, Dave, and Mike have put into this forum and teaching the game of golf.

Congrats :dance:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wow! I'm wondering what kind of traffic bump TST got from a mention on GC?.

Probably not as much as it could have been cuz I think he got the address wrong. Pretty sure he just said sandtrap.com and forgot the "the." Obviously, your person with even just average computer skills would have no trouble finding it anyway, but the older, no do computer literates are probably lost. ;) Regardless, still cool as hell!!

Probably not as much as it could have been cuz I think he got the address wrong. Pretty sure he just said sandtrap.com and forgot the "the." Obviously, your person with even just average computer skills would have no trouble finding it anyway, but the older, no do computer literates are probably lost. ;)

Regardless, still cool as hell!!

Hey, I resemble that remark. ;-)

Just because we think a megabit is what we do during Sunday dinner when we have a 1:00 o'clock tee time doesn't mean we can't eventually figure it out.

• Upvote 1

"longer back stroke" "feel the weight of the putter" "just drop it onto the back of the ball" "with a slight release"

I think he actually covered it quite well in the allotted 10-20 seconds he had. Of course, this is TST so someone always has to find a way to complain...

It's not complaining, just observing a fact.  He mentioned a longer backstroke which is consistent with Erik's putting philosophy, but he also mentioned "feel" the weight of the putter (which we all know feel has no bearing on the physical mechanics of the stroke) and "release" which is completely unrelated.

A concise recitation of Erik's stroke would be this:  a pendulum stroke with the ball slightly forward in the stance that strikes the ball on the upstroke with slight deceleration.  Wouldn't have been hard to say that in 10 seconds.

I acknowledge the props to Erik and TST--and I think that's totally awesome.  Erik, his teachings, and this site are priceless.  But if @BrandelChamblee gets the point of the thread, he didn't really present it in that clip.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Quote:

Originally Posted by BENtSwing

"longer back stroke" "feel the weight of the putter" "just drop it onto the back of the ball" "with a slight release"

I think he actually covered it quite well in the allotted 10-20 seconds he had. Of course, this is TST so someone always has to find a way to complain...

It's not complaining, just observing a fact.  He mentioned a longer backstroke which is consistent with Erik's putting philosophy, but he also mentioned "feel" the weight of the putter (which we all know feel has no bearing on the physical mechanics of the stroke) and "release" which is completely unrelated.

A concise recitation of Erik's stroke would be this:  a pendulum stroke with the ball slightly forward in the stance that strikes the ball on the upstroke with slight deceleration.  Wouldn't have been hard to say that in 10 seconds.

I acknowledge the props to Erik and TST--and I think that's totally awesome.  Erik, his teachings, and this site are priceless.  But if @BrandelChamblee gets the point of the thread, he didn't really present it in that clip.

Gotcha. Point well taken.

Probably not as much as it could have been cuz I think he got the address wrong. Pretty sure he just said sandtrap.com and forgot the "the." Obviously, your person with even just average computer skills would have no trouble finding it anyway, but the older, no do computer literates are probably lost. ;) Regardless, still cool as hell!!

LOL.

Riley

This woke me up the morning!!!   I'm not sure what time it was but obviously it was a replay.  You know that point where you're half asleep but hear whats going on...  when I heard him mention Erik and TST....   caught my attention...

NOW....  If we can just send him that book and get them to plug LSW lol... @iacas You guy's should send a box of the books to the Golf Channel and sign one specifically for Holly...  :)

Great science on this...  good stuff :beer:

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

Kudos!

And it made me re-read posts 1 and 179.

Does this mean we must layoff Brandel? :-D

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Wooohooooo! Awesome. Well done Erik, TST. He say anything about me?? :))

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Wooohooooo! Awesome. Well done Erik, TST. He say anything about me?? :))

Yes, but you don't want to hear it...

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

You guy's should send a box of the books to the Golf Channel and sign one specifically for Holly...  :)

She wouldn't get it there. [quote name="Mr. Desmond" url="/t/77022/chamblee-gives-props-to-erik-and-tst#post_1051646"]Does this mean we must layoff Brandel?:-D [/quote]Nah.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Great stuff.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

That's very cool. It's nice to see good work get recognized, and kudos to you Erik for making so much good information available to your readers for free here on this site.

Probably not as much as it could have been cuz I think he got the address wrong. Pretty sure he just said sandtrap.com and forgot the "the." Obviously, your person with even just average computer skills would have no trouble finding it anyway, but the older, no do computer literates are probably lost. ;)

Regardless, still cool as hell!!

I tried Googling "eric barzeski sandtrap.com" - assuming person will spell first name wrong and got the result below. Eric Barzesky works too. Shouldn't be that hard to find, but yeah, I can see illiterates fumbling. I dunno though, it you're not smart enough to figure out how to find it, are you smart enough to understand the thread?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Note: This thread is 3520 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!